• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6 for 360 winter 2007 with Live support?

The rumours about PS3-exclusive games that might also come to Xbox 360 keep on coming. After recent messages about Devil May Cry 4 and Metal Gear Solid 4, this time it's Tekken 6 whose exclusivity is taken into doubt.

According to "sources within IGN" (the same source who said VF5 would come to Xbox 360) Namco is currently working on a Xbox 360 version of Tekken 6, that would appear winter 2007, just short after the PS3-version.

Is Tekken 6 the next exclusive Sony is going to lose and where will it stop? Will Sony have any exclusive important franchises left at the end of 2007

http://www.xbox360only.nl/nieuwsitem.php?nid=3657

Also being reported at Teamxbox forums

Originally Posted by Akira Yuki
I found this today. This is from the same guy who posted about VF5 coming to Xbox360 before the official announcement by SEGA

TK6 Xbox360 will be released in winter 2007, supporting Live.
TK6 PS3: release date still unknown.

The downloadable TK5/DR is there because of a deal between Namco and Sony that Namco must bring at least one new Tekken game to PS3 in 2006. It should have been Tekken 6, but due to the development problem and the PS3 shortage, Namco brings TK5/DR so that the contract is not violated.

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=497363

IGN had also hinted at a big namco game coming to the 360

mood

Interesting, but only for the Live support. If it doesnt have online, I really dont care about fighters. VF5 included.

gwiz210

I wouldn't be surprized but I would like it a lot. Tekken is one of my favorite franchises but im not willing to pay 600 dollars for the next installment.

RaijinFY

MassiveAttack said:
If it is being reported on the Teamxbox forums, it is 360% true.

Oh come on, it's almost a certainty Namco games will come over the 360 sooner or later and you know it...

All 360 games have Live SUPPORT... now where's the online play support?

I'm honestly anticipating the next Mortal Kombat game, because it will at least have one fighting game evolution, an assload of characters and out of all the fighters it seems like the most likely one to have online support next

Trojan X

Banned
Even if it was true I strongly doubt that it would be released this period. If anything, it would appear early Q3 2007.

Let's wait and see regarding anything in relation to Namco.

Midas

The downloadable TK5/DR is there because of a deal between Namco and Sony that Namco must bring at least one new Tekken game to PS3 in 2006. It should have been Tekken 6, but due to the development problem and the PS3 shortage, Namco brings TK5/DR so that the contract is not violated.

That makes some sense. Well, I guess Sony missed Tekken as an exclusive too. Is there anything left now?

Is this their way of trying to take attention from Tekken:DR HD?
Pretty blatant honestly...

(Dont worry guys..... here... play some Rally X)

Sean

Banned
I doubt this will happen, Sony moneyhats will probably prevent this.

But it would make sense. Namco's next-gen exclusives have been bombing so maybe they're probably planning on taking the multiplatform route too (just like every other developer). Plus 360 would have DOA4 and VF5 released by then so there would be an audience for the game already.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Probably, but not because of that source. Sony has an agreement with Namco that at least 1 Tekken game must come to the PS3 in 2006? So this only applies to one territory and the downloadable game cuts it?

I fully believe every game that can be multiplatform easily will be, but...this rumor??

The VF reporter bit is not interesting; apparently the entire journalist conglomeration knew and was just quiet about it. Whoever "broke" the story better have done it more than six months ago.

krypt0nian said:
He's implying that if it's on Teamxbox it's crap. I shot that down saying it was the VF guy. You chimed in with crap. ;)

I'd argue that "VF guy" is a loud mouth inside an enormous sea of quiet fishies.

davepoobond said:
if p then q, if q then p, then p = q

that's what you're implying right? :)

He's implying that if it's on Teamxbox it's crap. I shot that down saying it was the VF guy. You chimed in with crap. ;)

Hunter D

Mojovonio said:
Once again, the 360 dpad makes this something I don't care about.
You fail for playing fighting games with a pad. Stick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>pad.

Mojovonio

Banned
Hunter D said:
You fail for playing fighting games with a pad. Stick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>pad.

makes my thumb sore to play with the stick.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Probably, but not because of that source. Sony has an agreement with Namco that at least 1 Tekken game must come to the PS3 in 2006? So this only applies to one territory and the downloadable game cuts it?

I fully believe every game that can be multiplatform easily will be, but...this rumor??

The VF reporter bit is not interesting; apparently the entire journalist conglomeration knew and was just quiet about it. Whoever "broke" the story better have done it more than six months ago.

Unfortunately we will have this happening with every third party game that comes out for the PS3 that has any amount of hype.
If they are right they get the "zomg I told you so" and if they are wrong then there is always "well it will eventually come".
Either way it affects hype, which is a big bit of Sony's fault for losing a few games without any effort to control damage.

Dahbomb

Sean said:
I doubt this will happen, Sony moneyhats will probably prevent this..
That's what I am thinking as well.

Tekken 6 coming on whatever console first with online play equates to me getting both day one no questions asked. I wear my avatar proudly.

TEKKEN DEFENSE FORCE ASSEMBLE!!!!

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
krypt0nian said:

virtua fighter != tekken

namco != sega

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
krypt0nian said:
Not even relevant to what we were talking about. But continue the D/Control.

Sigh.jpg

Y2Kev

shpankey said:
Tekken is the only 3d fighter I really enjoyed and got into, but that was way back on the PS1.

Yeah. It's definitely not Scamco's best fighter.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
It's Soul Calibur all over again. Minus the Nintendo version perhaps.
Hope Sony users wont get the worst exclusive character this time.

syllogism

Sources within IGN? Is there an article or forum post somewhere or did the IGN guy just talk to some random french (xboxygen) site? Or is the source that chinese bbs?

Y2Kev

With the way Scamco's next-gen games look, TTP, I wouldn't count out a Wii perfect port over. :lol

Top Bottom