• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, Akuma/Gouki announced as playable character

sasuke_91

I'm not even looking for a console release date, I'm looking for an FR release date so I can then predict the console release date.

I'll just add half a year to the arcade release date. If FR is going to be released February 2016, I'll hope for an August/September console release.

Wait what? Well, maybe you misunderstood my post. If so, I have to apologize because my English might be a little mediocre, but I wasn't even talking about costumization. I was talking about your ideas about the story you always share with TekkenGAF which are really interesting in my opinion. You have some in depth knowledge about each character and have an idea where you want their story to go. I wanted to give you a compliment because you shared another great idea of how to deliver Tekken's story through an encyclopdia. And of course I don't always agree with you because that's just how humans work...

I also want a more mature product which is why I wasn't happy with the reveal of Lucky Chloe back then and how every female character is a cute schoolgirl under 20, but I don't want to cut out a feature that has been there for 10 years just because people have a bad taste in costumes. And I'm all in for the option to hide costumes Online.

I'm just going to ignore your comment about my age. Just... read my post again.

Please forgive me Sasuke. I'm going to try and dial back my anger here. I just don't get it. I don't understand what's the appeal of publicly defacing the game and art that the team has carefully crafted? This feature has plagued fighting games like a disease. Mortal Kombat will feature this trolling crap next mark my words.

mona-lisa-pirate-mustache.jpg

What's so great about this?

sasuke_91

Please forgive me Sasuke. I'm going to try and dial back my anger here.

No hard feelings. I'll just ignore that post. Just don't get so emotional from now on :p

I just don't get it. I don't understand what's the appeal of publicly defacing the game and art that the team has carefully crafted? This feature has plagued fighting games like a disease. Mortal Kombat will feature this trolling crap next mark my words.

mona-lisa-pirate-mustache.jpg

What's so great about this?

Well, if done right costumization gives you a great amount of options to make your character look unique without losing his traits. After 2 years of looking at the same getup over and over again the characters look kind of boring to me, so I want to bring in my own ideas. That's why people were asking for new defaults in T7. People were tired of looking at the same Xiaoyu outfit for 10 years.
Tekken 6 costumization was great and had a great amount of items that were unique to a character. TTT2 made the mistake and gave every character the same generic items, yet people still arranged some interesting stuff out of that.
I don't really know why one would be completely against costumization. People have interesting ideas and defaults are not a sacred thing that is going to be ruined by people touching it. If they limit the amount of troll outfits and neon colors, fewer people will "publicly deface the game", don't you think?

Well, if done right costumization gives you a great amount of options to make your character look unique without losing his traits.

Good answer. Well said. I've seen my share of decent customizations online. I always try to compliment players when they have a good looking character. I've grown to like Luck Chloe recently. It takes time for me to adjust to the new characters. I've found this probationary period happens with all new characters. I always end up hating the new guys. I once even hated Feng Wei. I guess you could say it's a common problem I have.

sasuke_91

Good answer. Well said. I've seen my share of decent customizations online. I always try to compliment players when they have a good looking character. I've grown to like Luck Chloe recently. It takes time for me to adjust to the new characters. I've found this probationary period happens with all new characters. I always end up hating the new guys. I once even hated Feng Wei. I guess you could say it's a common problem I have.

Haha I'm exactly the same. I've seen someone costumize his Lei to look like Yip Man. I found that great and he told me I was the first one to even notice. Such a shame.
I also came to like Lucky Chloe. Or at least I don't hate her anymore. If customized correctly she might look really cool. Well? :p
Josie looks cool, but her bow needs to be removed.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Nina was always in, I'm more worried about Anna and Zafina though. They are my main beside Dragunov.

Yeah, I'm hoping for Zafina too. Always felt like a kind of unappreciated character for how cool she and her fighting style is.

Hopeful for Kuma too. I know not a lot of folks like the bears, but Kuma is a classic character and one of the two characters I play most after Yoshimitsu.

Of course, I'm in favor of having as many characters as development can handle, so I could go on and on about who I'm hopeful to see.

Rajang

Yeah, I'm hoping for Zafina too. Always felt like a kind of unappreciated character for how cool she and her fighting style is.

Hopeful for Kuma too. I know not a lot of folks like the bears, but Kuma is a classic character and one of the two characters I play most after Yoshimitsu.

Of course, I'm in favor of having as many characters as development can handle, so I could go on and on about who I'm hopeful to see.

I love Zafina's style, but I doubt she is in the game. She was not really popular and doesnt have alot of history.

BUMP - Idk where to post this and I don't think it's threadworthy, I heard T7 is available at select dave & busters, I might be going to the one in Times Square tonight, does anybody know if it's available there?

KTO

BUMP - Idk where to post this and I don't think it's threadworthy, I heard T7 is available at select dave & busters, I might be going to the one in Times Square tonight, does anybody know if it's available there?

IIRC the selection of non redemption non simulator games at that location is pretty terrible and the game room is actually on the small side size-wise. But best of luck and I probably haven't been in 5+ years.

IIRC the selection of non redemption non simulator games at that location is pretty terrible and the game room is actually on the small side size-wise. But best of luck and I probably haven't been in 5+ years.
I didn't hang around for very long. I had 4 rounds of cap n coke though 😕 waitin for my train now
thanks. I've noticed though (don't mean disrespect with this) that the OTs and community threads aren't always all get active/get responses right away. At least, not the ones in the community section.

I typed "tekken" in search and picked what seemed like the most recent and relevant thread that didn't have me as the last poster.

sasuke_91

I've noticed though (don't mean disrespect with this) that the OTs and community threads aren't always all get active/get responses right away. At least, not the ones in the community section.

I typed "tekken" in search and picked what seemed like the most recent and relevant thread that didn't have me as the last poster.
Our OT is pretty active. Also lots of players to practice with :p

Manbig

I'm pretty sure they removed the machines after the qualifiers for the global tournament about 2 months ago.

Top Bottom