• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 - New Editions Trailer

Fahdis

Boring Collage from a stage music. I guess this is finally the end of Tekken 7. Now we get an even numbered Tekken with the usual curse of it being horrible or the most different minus 2 of course.

KAOS

Is it gonna take advantage of next gen systems? If not there is nothing really definitive about it!

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
$120 for the definitive edition :*(

Now we get an even numbered Tekken with the usual curse of it being horrible or the most different
Even numbered Tekkens? Tekken 4 and 6 suck, but how dare you speak ill of Tekken 2....!?

minus 2 of course.
7c6.jpg

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I would bite if there was a PS5 version 4k@60fps and better textures
Hell imagine playing this 1440p@120fps

Last edited:
note to self:::

only buy a fighting game when its complete...
When is a fighting game complete? Tekken 7 had smaller budget since tag 2 tanked and they had money to produce only 1 or 2 extra seasons. However, since the game was a success, they got the thumbs up from higher ups and were able to bring back more older cast as DLC characters and make a few new ones.

Additionally, they have released lot of free updates which have introduced new moves / mechanics for all characters. Not to mention the balance patches.

SkylineRKR

They're releasing this again? Without an upgrade? lol.

I think I have the full deal. I sold my physical copy, then bought the SP1 and 2 edition for like 9 bucks online. Bought SP3 on sale and eventually the final one with Kuni and Karate chick too.

I was fucking ready man, I thought this was it. The 4k boost.

OrochiJR

It sucks there is no upgrade in resolution on xbox.
Yeah, there should be next-gen patches which at least raise the resolutions for Xbox Series and PS5.

But like someone else said they are probably not spending the resources to focus everything on Tekken 8.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
note to self:::

only buy a fighting game when its complete...

This. I bought Tekken 7 on release. I was feeling nostalgic from hours spent on Tekken 3 on the PS1. What a mistake.

Such a bare bones experience. It's only worth it if you're going to buy all the DLC, which then bumps up the price to an insane amount.

However, I understand that publishers make a ton of money from season passes and new outfits as DLC. I just miss the days when all of this was on the disc as unlockable content.

SSfox

I would bite if there was a PS5 version 4k@60fps and better textures
Hell imagine playing this 1440p@120fps
That's what they should've done, free upgrade for all, tho price is still too much, it should've been 60 or 70 bucks for the entire game + dlcs, but it's Bamco their makerting sometimes is kinda weird.

That being said I don't care much about this version I've bought T7, and all passes day one as Tekken is my ultimate favorite franchise. A next gen upgrade would be nice but meanwhile I'm ready for Tekken 8.

Please remove that trash named Eliza from the game and no more 2D characters

Top Bottom