• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 - October 4/5 Location Test Being Streamed on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deps

Harada said no TR invincibles, but these power moves look really similar. I'm gonna guess they're slow moves with armor, and rage arts are supers you can use only in rage.

Invincibles and Supers? :/ Yuck. I'm really apprehensive about these kinds of additions. I hope they aren't as lame as they sound.

On the flipside, I'm stoked that Feng and Leo are confirmed.

Edit: DAT NEW HIT FX! So sexy. Deathfist looks even more satisfying.

The pose. The long jacket. Just reminds me of Lars.

I don't like this design much either.

Now that you mention it, the pose is very similar to Lars. Looks like a mix of him and Lee.

Sgblues

Hmm that new guy looks Final Fantasy-ish, but not THAT bad, want to know more about him and his fighting style, hoping the Arabic guy makes it in.

NovaCross

Neo Member
Are they re-using the portraits and stuff from previous games? Looks odd.

I'm hyped, though. I love me some Tekken and the graphics in the PDF look damn good for just 50%

Are they re-using the portraits and stuff from previous games? Looks odd.

I'm hyped, though. I love me some Tekken and the graphics in the PDF look damn good for just 50%

Some characters have new renders (Asuka and Mishima's). I'm guessing they just aren't done with the rest yet.

Degen

Look at the bright side

no matter how weird the new features are

no matter how scrubby Catalina might be or how Lars-like the new guy turns out to be

at least the Williams sisters won't be there to ruin this sacred loketest footage

Dahbomb

There are supers in Tekken now?

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

AAK

There are supers in Tekken now?

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

Super implies meter management, this is more like Ultra's. You can clearly see that Law had to take Paul's health down to T6 Rage amount, and then Paul had the ability to do that cutscene Attack.

I'm OK with Focus Attacks, Sad about the Ultra's. I wouldn't mind if it was just a move, but a cutscene like SF4 is a tragedy for the thing I loved so much about Tekken's gameplay.

Also, looks like Julia's missing :(

noodalls

Translation by me

Rage arts
Once your health falls below a certain value, you enter into rage mode and your attack power increases. During that time, you have access to special powerful moves known as rage arts.
The command varies per character, so check the command list.

- when the life bar indicates, you have access to rage arts
- you can use them in combos
- go for the comeback victory!!

Power Crush
Even if you are hit during your attack, you will continue to attack until the end of the move. It is powerful as you can use it as often as you like, to absorb as many attacks as you like, but you will still take the damage from the opponent's move, so watch your life bar carefully.

In the move list on page 3, the red moves are rage arts, the blue moves are power crush. It also mentions that power crush moves will only absorb the opponent's high and mid moves.

Karsha

Lol i hope Claudio isn't the arab character,that would be the most weird name ever . And as for Jin...
didn't he technically die at the end of t6? He might be a sub boss i guess

Horseress

Translation by me

Rage arts
Once your health falls below a certain value, you enter into rage mode and your attack power increases. During that time, you have access to special powerful moves known as rage arts.

Power Crush
Even if you are hit during your attack, you will continue to attack until the end of the move. It is powerful as you can use it as often as you like, to absorb as many attacks as you like, but you will still take the damage from the opponent's move, so watch your life bar carefully.

You can combo into ultra?! Harada should stop hanging out with Ono ASAP

Sayah

Look at the bright side

no matter how weird the new features are

no matter how scrubby Catalina might be or how Lars-like the new guy turns out to be

at least the Williams sisters won't be there to ruin this sacred loketest footage

You like rubbing salt on the wounds. :(

AAK

I'll be honest... the one thing that's REALLY pissing me off is how the art style hasn't changed at ALL. All this talk about these brand new artists bringing new character designs to the series and they're still wearing the same outfits from 2004.

But other than that, Can't wait to see new footage.

Dahbomb

These just look like regular armored moves rather than Focus Attack. Sort of like Hulk st.H.

Artstyle is the exact same, even in the models. Looks barely better than T6 graphically speaking. They could've said this was being made for PS3 and I would've believed it.

This is definitely NOT going to be the Tekken that will pull casuals in. If anything the Ultra stuff might push the hardcores away.

Sayah

I'll be honest... the one thing that's REALLY pissing me off is how the art style hasn't changed at ALL. All this talk about these brand new artists bringing new character designs to the series and they're still wearing the same outfits from 2004.

But other than that, Can't wait to see new footage.

Yeah, that is upsetting. :/
I was hoping for innovative new designs (i.e. Tekken 4)
These just look like regular armored moves rather than Focus Attack. Sort of like Hulk st.H.

Artstyle is the exact same, even in the models. Looks barely better than T6 graphically speaking. They could've said this was being made for PS3 and I would've believed it.

This is definitely NOT going to be the Tekken that will pull casuals in. If anything the Ultra stuff might push the hardcores away.

He did say it's 50% visual quality for the location tests.

The game looks beautiful regardless at this level.

Translation by me

Rage arts

Power Crush

In the move list on page 3, the red moves are rage arts, the blue moves are power crush. It also mentions that power crush moves will only absorb the opponent's high and mid moves.

Rage Arts sound cool IF, and only if, they don't trigger a cutscene. Please just be a strong, cool looking move with lots of particles.

Power Crush = RIP pressure. But they seem high risk, so hopefully people won't just use them as a panic button.

Horseress

I wasn't expecting a huge artstyle change, but it does look exactly the same. Well, I'll try to not make assumptions before seeing the game being played tomorrow? (it's tomorrow right? In NA time at least)

I wasn't expecting a huge artstyle change, but it does look exactly the same. Well, I'll try to not make assumptions before seeing the game being played tomorrow? (it's tomorrow right? In NA time at least)

Think around tomorrow night the stream should be up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom