• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

pfzgjrW.gif

Heihachi is 70+, and I wouldn't mind waking up to that. Though I'd probably end in a volcano.
If he threw you in a volcano that means he's your paternal father/grandfather/great grandfather.

The implications of the first part of your post suddenly became a lot more taboo.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Heihachi is 70+, and I wouldn't mind waking up to that. Though I'd probably end in a volcano.

Taking that "harder daddy" thing to another level tbh. Also is the volcano a literal volcano or ... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Chairhome

Me an hour ago:
"I can wait for a sale"
Me 10 minutes ago seeing a local store's instagram post that they got the game early:
"what can I trade in"

SarusGray

What Gamers Think when they see this thread: "Oh cool a tekken thread dedicated for tekken fans, can't wait to learn tricks and tips"

What's actually in this thread: "Heihachi? More like Hey daddy ;)"

So is this the "thing" of the Tekken community? Trading in sexual favours for the game?

Like how thuggery is the thing of the Marvel community?

I'm new.

cordy

Banned
So is this the "thing" of the Tekken community? Trading in sexual favours for the game?

Like how thuggery is the thing of the Marvel community?

I'm new.

More like blaming Harada and he devs when really it should be Bandai Namco instead.

But right now the thing is about Harada and sexual favors. Harada made a joke about naming the women based on the women he's slept with in the past and it's been a running joke since.

More like blaming Harada and he devs when really it should be Bandai Namco instead.

But right now the thing is about Harada and sexual favors. Harada made a joke about naming the women based on the women he's slept with in the past and it's been a running joke since.
Wow, the figurehead for your series is a "stud". Meanwhile we've got Ono.

When the game teases you for years and can't touch it's what happens
I can appreciate that.

I havent played since 6 and cant get the game yet because of Summer class fees. And now i'll be weeks behind on this one. Its killing me inside...I wont play online for a month or two when I get the game.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I havent played since 6 and cant get the game yet because of Summer class fees. And now i'll be weeks behind on this one. Its killing me inside...I wont play online for a month or two when I get the game.

Classes are not important. Drop out and get Tekken 7 /s

I hope you have fun with the game when you get it but always keep those priorities first mate.

EDIT: The warp effects on the old game stages are headache inducing if you focus there. Yikes.

Hello everyone, what's the best thread to post a Tekken 7 PC/Steam giveaway powered by ModBot? :p

You can post it anywhere. In this thread, in the STEAM thread or hell, make your own thread for it.

If you can't make a thread yourself (because of the Junior status), ask a Moderator or someone else via PM to make a thread on your behalf.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I haven't really been excited for this... I think getting rid of Talim in SC5 soured me on all Namco 3D fighters, lol. Are they trying to make this back up to me with Josie, a girl who cries even after WINNING? *shrug*

Well, I splurged gameplay vids of recent play some, made sure to get that Eliza pre-order bonus, and... errr... geeze customizations in this game look horrible, lol. Actually, even some defaults look bad. Asuka's shoulders and chest size look awkward and off, everyones shoulders in general makes their heads look too small (there's at least nice variety in body frames, however), Katarina's stance looks like she's trying desperately hard to show off her boobs, Bryan looks like an extra that snuck out of Army of Two or something, and Hwaorang apparently got a job as the bad boy on a Kdrama. (Actually, I don't mind that last one.)

The slow motion near-death moments seem to highlight bad animation wobbles and awkward clipping more than increase hype for me. I DO like the black-and-white moments that happen on particularly damaging hits though. Tekken has nice skin textures and lighting, and cool destructible arenas, but it's designs and character modeling will always feel a step behind the best of Soul Calibur, to me.

Oh, and... Lucky Chloe. ;D Her and Sylvie in KoFXIV have similar design inspirations (modern popularity interpreted by older companies to be put into years-old classic fighters), but one might be among my favorite new characters (BiDiBiDIIII), and one I utterly dislike. Maybe getting to play Chloe first hand will make me see some solidarity in her design... but for now, I think it's just that Tekken's overall style doesn't do a good job at making a character like her feel interesting, or even well executed.

The first time I saw Steve Fox in this game, I thought Jin received a new stance. Most of the Rage Arts (those are the super ones, or the armor ones?) look like Camera views on 10 hit combos, yet some look pretty sweet. Kazumi and Literal Tiger Uppercuts are trying really hard to make me forget no member of the Chang family, or Jun, are actually in this game. I don't even get Wang (who was my main in T6 and always on team TT2...)!

And yet with all that... will be picking it up tomorrow, haha. Tekken is such an odd series for me. I LOVED 2. Then 3 and 4 are completely forgettable, 5 brought me back in, 6 was quite likely the worse online experience I've ever had in a fighter, Tag 2 was fun, but is ranked as "6 done right" in my mind, and the F2P Tekken felt like a stripped down, awkward Tag, and now 7.

I really hope it surprises me as much as Injustice 2 did. In a way that even if some stuff feels weird and off, other parts are so quality, and so refreshing, that you can ALMOST look past the "meh" sections.

Oh, and best modern Tekken OST tracks for me: Moonlit Wilderness, Fallen Colony, LIGHTNING STORM.

Electric Fountain is pretty much the soundtrack of every PS1 Demo disk ever, which is mildly great and amazingly horrific at the same time.

You can post it anywhere. In this thread, in the STEAM thread or hell, make your own thread for it.

If you can't make a thread yourself (because of the Junior status), ask a Moderator or someone else via PM to make a thread on your behalf.

Thanks! I wasn't sure giveaways were allowed on OTs.

Top Bottom