• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

When in doubt just block high. Low attacks don't usually leave you open for juggles.

Yeah it's a safe bet, low attacks that actually launch you are usually pretty slow too so you might sometimes be able to react, you can start blocking low much more when you know your opponent's strings or if you're in a low health situation and it's a 50/50.

Generally though, there's less lows that launch, they're slower, they're harder to punish, and you get absolutely fucked by mids.

MikeBison

Asuka matches
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=097MoX9spw4

giphy.gif

The shenanigans on that trade. My sodium levels would have been critical if I was that Jin. Clearly connects and goes THROUGH the Asuka's leg.

The shenanigans on that trade. My sodium levels would have been critical if I was that Jin. Clearly connects and goes THROUGH the Asuka's leg.
It's kinda funny you say that because Zombegoast complains almost every 15 hours about Charlie Nash's fucked hit/hurtboxes in the SFV thread.

Love ya ZB!

This is the first Tekken I've played since 4 and maaaaan I think I might have to buy a stick or a fight pad at the very least. Struggling with this DS4.

Patch log of Ver. 1:02:

Improved online match-making functionality

The following player information will no longer be displayed before a match ::

- Selected character

- Victories

- Rank

- Title

Connecting to other players can be more common
Better stability

* The MATCHLIST has been temporarily removed to improve online match-making functionality.

Added ON / OFF selection for voice chat

- In the OPTION menu, the selection ON / OFF for voice chat was added

* "OFF" is set as the output option.

Moves of some characters have been adapted

- Nina's Ivory Cutter has been adapted
Posted by a users on gamefaqs, the update's on states side apparently
Edit: It's UK, not NA

hamchan

Yep, that's what a ranked mode should be like. I'll admit to being guilty of often picking lower ranked people to fight instead of higher ranked.

DKL

I was going to match list to select characters I want to get more matchup experience against...

But, to be honest, I'd rather they just find me a match right away and toss me in.

All the waiting and mashing a button sucks and, if the connection sucked, I simply don't do the rematch.

This is the first Tekken I've played since 4 and maaaaan I think I might have to buy a stick or a fight pad at the very least. Struggling with this DS4.

If you've never used a stick before, then it won't magically make you better at this game. What exactly do you have problems with? You should be using the d-pad and not the analog stick. It's common for top players to use a DS4, so I don't think there should be any problems.

Try incorporating the shoulder button bindings

Xater

Online works fine for me now. Also lol @ everyone that barely wins against me and doesn't give me the runback. Very obvious pattern.

I had to borrow a friends fight stick. I dont know how those championship Tekken players do it on pad (Crow, JinKid) I cant do it, need fightstick.

Line_HTX

That's Dragunov, and the move probably crushes lows. :p

I always look at the character portrait and the move animation, brah. Super customized characters don't faze me anymore!

>:D

Edit: Now that I looked at it a few more times and now that I think about it, Asuka's b+3 is definitely a low crush, hence why Jin's d/b+4 didn't even hit.

Skilletor

Not Dragunov :p heheh

Bruh.... That's Jin.

jin-tekken7-screen.jpg

Unless there's some secret joke that I'm not getting/privy to.

I always look at the character portrait and the move animation, brah. Super customized characters don't faze me anymore!

>:D

Edit: Now that I looked at it a few more times and now that I think about it, Asuka's b+3 is definitely a low crush, hence why Jin's d/b+4 didn't even hit.

lol. Nope, just me being stupid.

I hold my head high.

I'm right about that low crush, tho.

tekkengame-win64-shipfor1c.jpg

tekkengame-win64-shipj3p9r.jpg

Figure someone might like this.

Had a blast so far with it. I'm only really into the SP in fighting games these days but it was an enjoyable ride. Also my boy Akuma fits so well

cordy

Banned
Going through the ending movies from past games, I've come to two conclusions:

• The story is absolutely ridiculous. I don't know where this "Tekken is more serious than Street Fighter" stuff comes from, both are bonkers in their own way.

• Lee Chaolan is a motherfucking baller.
Tekken actually has a story, and can also be bonkers. Street Fighter is cute because it pretends like it has a story.

After playing Tekken 7 and Street Fighter V's story modes, as well as playing all the numbered entries of both series, I think both have a story that's equally nonsense and inconsequential.

The biggest difference is Tekken is a little less vague and they'll state things definitively happened even if it doesn't matter too much. The core of every Tekken game is that this family of superpowered martial artists/CEOs keep attempting fratricide, which fails, and then who runs the zaibatsu and/or tournament switches hands a game.

I think Namco cares more about Tekken's plot than Capcom does with SF but the result is roughly the same: barebones and uneventful. SFV is doing what Tekken has always done which is connecting dots and filling in details so up until SF3's timeline everything is pretty concrete. Doesn't make it feel any less like the story was cribbed from G.I. Joe, though.

Tekken's able to go to the extreme silliness of SF but it's able to be far more serious than it when it comes down to it as well. It can go to both extremes. SF on the other hand never gets to the extreme Tekken can get. It stays within it's boundaries. Even the stuff in Story Mode
with Heihachi snapping his wife's neck is something you'd never see in a SF game.
The reason people say Tekken's more serious is because when it needs to be serious, it can go far beyond a SF.

Marvel

could never
Oh my god I'm playing Tekken 7 online on the PS4, AND IT FEELS GREAT

Legit only got two matches this whole time until the fix today.

I'm pretty sure I just got my ass beat by P.Ling. My Xiaoyu was pathetic by comparison. They pretty much just juggled me across the stage, not a good feeling. I mean it was cool to play someone whose Xiaoyu is that good, but also humiliating.

I still can't believe (I think) I played PLing last night. Had me really shook at the massive skill level difference. Seeing Tanukana steamroll people online was just like that. I have such a long way to go to be very competitive with Xiaoyu.

I was so shook I didn't record the match. How do you actually do that, does the Share button know to capture the whole match?

fernoca

Does the 10 online fights trophy counts tourbamebt matches?
Like I fought in 3 matches the one time I made it into one. Then, once in player match. So that means 4 fights...right? 6 more to go?

Doomshine

I still can't believe (I think) I played PLing last night. Had me really shook at the massive skill level difference. Seeing Tanukana steamroll people online was just like that. I have such a long way to go to be very competitive with Xiaoyu.

I was so shook I didn't record the match. How do you actually do that, does the Share button know to capture the whole match?
By default it should always be recording the last 15 minutes.

I hate characters that have mad launch combos off sweeps like Bryan. Feels dirty.

In my experience, any low that grants a full combo (without counter hit) has a long startup and is very punishable on block. With practice, you should be able to block it on reaction relatively easily compared to everything else in the game, even online.

If not, hit training mode with Bryan as your opponent and get to it!

Top Bottom