• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 Season 3 Patch Notes Out! Hits September 10.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You can gain some experience vs the computer.

Getting familiar with other character moves
Performing combos in a match.

It's always better to play online (or even offline versus an opponent), but any type of experience is good if you're just starting out.

GrayFoxPL

You can gain some experience vs the computer.

Getting familiar with other character moves
Performing combos in a match.

It's always better to play online (or even offline versus an opponent), but any type of experience is good if you're just starting out.

True but mostly you'll learn the worst habits. CPU will get hit by anything anytime. Never will do anything remotely smart. You'll do moves you shouldn't and think it's amazing, you go online and nothing will work on a human opponent and they'll beat you with 3 moves and you wont know why this is happening. Impatient players will drop the game there and then.

This is the worse kind of cpu AI to have.

Fun fact: AI is programed to get hit by Rage Art every time you fire it up. Embarrassing.

DansDans

There are still beginners online and ranked will match you with them. You'll meet smurfs from time to time, but that's unavoidable in any fighting game.

Still majority should be real noobs, so you most likely wont be matched with advanced players, unless you want to.

Offline modes are pretty worthless aside of practice mode.

Story mode is like 1 hour of gameplay maybe 2 if you're struggling.

Individual stories have the cheapest made endings in Tekken history.

No Team Battle.

No Time Attack.

No Survival.

Arcade Mode and Treasure Battle have abmysal Cpu AI.

They must've fired programmer that made cpu AI because it's not existent in T7. Ultra Hard in T7 is like Very Easy in every other Tekken. You can put on blindfold and mash buttons and you'll win every fight against cpu.

You'll never learn anything fighting T7 cpu, unlike say Tekken 5 DR where ghost AI was so good, you could learn like from a human and have satisfaction of fighting it.

Only difficulty is in Final Chapter in Story Mode because it's a boss fight, that doesn't matter since it works by it's own set of rules.

Well thats enough information there for me to avoid the game

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Well thats enough information there for me to avoid the game
Check out Metal_Kat's stream. I think she just started playing last year and she's doing pretty good online for someone who didn't have a lot of experience playing Tekken from the beginning.

DansDans

Check out Metal_Kat's stream. I think she just started playing last year and she's doing pretty good online for someone who didn't have a lot of experience playing Tekken from the beginning.

Cheers, but no offense I cant watch other people play games - I hate that kind of thing - and I am an old arcade gamer
It's just cringe to me

LOL at this late in the game, I'd be stupid to go online and get murdered every fight!
Well, if you intend to jump in the next Tekken game, you're still going to get murdered. Tekken is a legacy game, the basics have stayed the same for quite a long time with small incremental changes along the way. Total noob who picks Tekken 7 today is able to whoop your ass in next Tekken game day 1 with the skills they learn while playing T7.

It was the same day 1 of Tekken 7, people who had played previous games dominated everyone else. If you ever intend to play Tekken, the sooner you start the better.

DansDans

Well, if you intend to jump in the next Tekken game, you're still going to get murdered. Tekken is a legacy game, the basics have stayed the same for quite a long time with small incremental changes along the way. Total noob who picks Tekken 7 today is able to whoop your ass in next Tekken game day 1 with the skills they learn while playing T7.

It was the same day 1 of Tekken 7, people who had played previous games dominated everyone else. If you ever intend to play Tekken, the sooner you start the better.

Except I’ve been playing Tekken since the second game, so as long as Hwoarang is still in it, I’ll be fine

I just don’t want to play online against randoms who scrub OP characters

GrayFoxPL

Except I’ve been playing Tekken since the second game, so as long as Hwoarang is still in it, I’ll be fine

I just don’t want to play online against randoms who scrub OP characters
Hwoarang is OP in T7.

I play this 22 years and trust me he's not the same character anymore.
His frame advantage and combo damage is borderline retarded.
Even today I played a dude who destroyed my Paul because one launch means 60-80% damage.
Paul ain't a slauch when it comes to damage but it's nothing next to Hwoarang and his broken shit.

DansDans

Hwoarang is OP in T7.

I play this 22 years and trust me he's not the same character anymore.
His frame advantage and combo damage is borderline retarded.
Even today I played a dude who destroyed my Paul because one launch means 60-80% damage.
Paul ain't a slauch when it comes to damage but it's nothing next to Hwoarang and his broken shit.

ugh yuck - when did this happen?

he was always second tier - now he is over-buffed? Boring

I think fighting games arent for me anymore

GrayFoxPL

ugh yuck - when did this happen?

he was always second tier - now he is over-buffed? Boring

I think fighting games arent for me anymore

Yeah in T7 FR. My friend who mained Hwoarang in Tag2, doesn't play him nearly as much now because of opness.
I was the same with Paul, I loved him since T2 but someone at Namco thought it was a great idea to buff deathfist damage 3 times over.
So I also didn't use him as much, but I waited until they nerfed him and most tier whores switched to other characters.

Top Bottom