• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 VR isn't First Person POV Fighting Game

jbug617

Banned
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-12/21/tekken-7-virtual-reality

Speaking to WIRED at Bandai Namco's headquarters in Tokyo, Murray first dispelled fears over the idea of first person VR Tekken. "When we announced that we're going to do something with virtual reality, people were like 'oh, so you're going to be playing in first person and hitting each other? That sounds like crap!'" he says. "There was a hidden command in Tekken 2 [where you could play in first person] that was cool in itself but you wouldn't want to do that for your whole Tekken fix, right? So probably not that. People like Tekken the way that it is as far as the core gameplay."

"I think people think we're going to incorporate VR into the main game itself, when we don't currently see a way that that would enhance Tekken to a new level better than what it would be right now."

As for what players can expect, Murray offered that "The only hints we could probably give is that Tekken is ultimately all about the characters. You want to see the cool characters, the cute female characters like Lucky Chloe, and we have all kinds of customisation for them and they have all these cool techniques that are motion captured.... something that would allow people to enjoy the game in that aspect maybe is about all we can say."

It would have been hilarious to have first-person fighting like in the old Tekken games. Maybe one day the tech will get there.

pizzacat

Banned
So, Pokemon/Fire Emblem face touching, but with Tekken?

Uh
Why do you think they added akuma?

BkMvn_dCcAAweOs.jpg

Time to make this canon

DieH@rd

Banned
User will stand inside arena [like a in-ring judge] and watch players have a standard match in front of him [that he can control via standard gamepad]. I can see that working very well.

Zaptruder

Banned
Oh man. I was just in the other Tekken 7 thread saying, man it'd be great if this was in VR.

And now it is... and it's probably going down how I thought it would - not first person, but instead placed far back enough from both characters that you can see them fight at scale (like DieH@rd above is saying).

Street Fighter V should also return the favour... I'd love to see Chun Li in full scale :D

Top Bottom