• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tell me why: Yeah, please tell me why...

Tschumi

... I'm just all about you playing the hell out of a game just, apparently, so you could write a shitpost about it.. so you weren't ready for the narrative, who gives a crap~ don't play it

Soodanim

Gold Member
I initially had the intention of talking about it being an open market and that they can make whatever game they want and the market decides. But that’s exactly what is happening here. The market is deciding by discussing it.

The point that really made me stop what I was going to say is that idea that a game isn’t for straight white gamers.

A good story is a good story, and the best stories let you see things from another perspective. Essentially, to say your game isn’t for straight white gamers is saying one of three things:
  1. Straight white gamers are so intolerant that they are unable to appreciate their story (ok thanks)
  2. Their story isn’t good enough, so straight white gamers won’t enjoy it (no confidence in your product)
  3. Trans gamers, much like little children, get games that are only catered to them because adults won’t get anything from the lack of substance (both no confidence in your product and an insult to trans people)
I have read the whole thread, but I do have a question. There’s often a phrase that enters this sort of discussion and it lacks any specificity or substance, so I hope someone can help me understand: What about the game conveys “Straight people bad”?

Top Bottom