• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tell Namco to bring Tales franchise to the West

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
jiggle said:
not sure if want...

inverting the original logo matches up with that distorted image pretty accurately
fzahs4.gif

2unww20.jpg

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
If they do release it, you guys better buy copies or they will use it as an excuse not to release Tales of Xillia.

That is a the tales game I really want to get.

Hcoregamer00 said:
If they do release it, you guys better buy copies or they will use it as an excuse not to release Tales of Xillia.

That is a the tales game I really want to get.
I'll buy both.

I'm wondering if the releases will be for US or both US and EU.

Someone needs to update the topic title or make a new topic. It's pretty much 100% at this point. The only thing left for debate are the consoles. also, why bother keeping the F in for the localized version?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, assuming the image is real, I guess that takes care of that. How much do PS3s go for these days...

It's definitely Tales of Graces F so it's definitely PS3 so no real speculation on console. Also I'll obviously get one. Must have Xillia.

Foffy

Banned
Mockingbird said:
Someone needs to update the topic title or make a new topic. It's pretty much 100% at this point. The only thing left for debate are the consoles. also, why bother keeping the F in for the localized version?

The F implies it's the PS3 version, which is the more updated release.

Pooya

I don't see how this can't be real. Bamco has been so terrible that you guys can't believe that it's happening know :p .

EDIT: I'll make a new thread with all the info and recap, just give me some time.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Y'all Tales fans better buy 5 copies of this game. Needs to get greatest hits to ensure Xillia's localization.

Sophia

All who doubted The Inner Awesome shall now repent. Repent, I say!

Be right back, dancing around my room like a crazy man.

Guess I'll hang onto my cash now.

We all buy one just to see how much power we hold, then after we analyze the NPD results we can see how much work we have left from there.

Canova

Banned
Mockingbird said:

With Bamco, it's never 100%. Not till the game is in our hands

ULTROS!

miladesn said:
I don't see how this can't be real. Bamco has been so terrible that you guys can't believe that it's happening know :p .

Well... ataleoftworichards.com seems real since:

1. If it was a hoax site, it should have been registered just now despite the naming and all.
2. The divtags seem to link (see one my posts on the previous page or 2)

vall03

ULTROS! said:
Y'all Tales fans better buy 5 copies of this game. Needs to get greatest hits to ensure Xillia's localization.
as much as I hate this, I will never let my friends borrow my copy. I will insist they buy their own copy! more people must buy the game for Xillia to be localized!

If ToGf got localized and ToV didn't..... I would be sooooooo pissed off!!!

I mean I would be so pissed off that I might try to force myself to not buy ToGf, yes THAT pissed I'm going to be.

Canova

Banned
jiggle said:
too bad this is not for xillia
now we're never gonna get it when this bombs :<

then this whole process of begging, whining, crying, spamming on Namco facebook will repeat all over again ;)

Sophia

jiggle said:
too bad this is not for xillia
now we're never gonna get it when this bombs :<

They need to keep the hype up from this announcement. Some good viral marketing would work in their favor. That, and an actual demo.*

*By this, I mean not the Tales of Graces F demo on the PSN marketplace, but one that actually starts at the beginning or close to it

The Praiseworthy said:
If ToGf got localized and ToV didn't..... I would be sooooooo pissed off!!!

I mean I would be so pissed off that I might try to force myself to not buy ToGf, yes THAT pissed I'm going to be.

Has it ever been confirmed if Microsoft had a hand in Tales of Vesperia's localization? I mean, it's unusual for Scamco to suddenly push out a decent localization (with the opening song, no less.)

I'll be annoyed if Graces doesn't have the English version of Mamoritai, to say the least.

Foffy said:
The F implies it's the PS3 version, which is the more updated release.

I would agree if not for two recent occurances.

1. The guy who leaked about the game coming to the states last month.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6075460/tales_of_graces_wii_ps3_will_be_released.html

He's the same guy who called all of Koei's announcements back in the summer. People dismissed him as some idiot, but today it proves he was right.

2. Game Informer said awhile back that Tales of Graces was coming for Wii.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25177416

Mockingbird said:
I would agree if not for two recent occurances.

1. The guy who leaked about the game coming to the states last month.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6075460/tales_of_graces_wii_ps3_will_be_released.html

He's the same guy who called all of Koei's announcements back in the summer. People dismissed him as some idiot, but today it proves he was right.

2. Game Informer said awhile back that Tales of Graces was coming for Wii.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25177416
Well, that would suck (I do have Wii, but prefer PS3 for graphics and sound reasons). But why keep the F in the logo if it's only Wii?

Sophia

Notorious_Roy said:
Well, that would suck (I do have Wii, but prefer PS3 for graphics and sound reasons). But why keep the F in the logo if it's only Wii?

Both versions, Wii version updated with F's content (but without the visual upgrade)? *shrugs*

john tv said:
Totally fake. If we were working on this, we'd have changed his name to Hodfarg, so the URL wouldn't match anyway. :p

The Inner Awesome shall be knocking on your door shortly. :(

Notorious_Roy said:

The first link says the localized version would have all the PS3 content, so it might have something to do with that.

I dont think the reasoning for just the Wii version coming is reasonable though.

Still not excited yet. Namco could easily just be fucking with us. I find it hard to believe that they could do anything right these days.

That being said, if it does actually happen, I bet they'll be stupid and skip over the Wii version...

Proven

Marrshu said:
Both versions, Wii version updated with F's content (but without the visual upgrade)? *shrugs*
\(
This would be the best case scenario. I'd prefer an updated Wii version, but I'd feel bad for many of the dedicated PS3 players.

Einbroch

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Where did they even find that URL from? It wasn't from Rich.
A facebook member was obsessed with "ataleoftwo", apparently he was with a group of people who were really trying to crack the code. They wanted to get the word "tale" into the first line, so that lead to "a tale _f t_ _". Then then they figured the next line was a name/place due to the discovery of "a tale of two". They figured the crown meant Royalty, and royalty starts with an "R". They saw the second "R", thought of Richard from the game, and blamo.

The ".com" slipped them up for like 20 minutes but then they got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom