• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tell Namco to bring Tales franchise to the West

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That last Tales game to be announced (the one with two two different artists working on it) looked pretty sweet. I hope that one is coming to NA. I'm guessing this has been said many times by non-casual fans, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

lupin23rd

Probably not just 3 words IMO... Tales of the Abyss 3DS and then some 4 letter word (June, July. Soon, 2011) fits but doesn't match up to the glyphs even if scrambled.

Was thinking that the red glyphs are vowels but that hasn't helped so far.

Seda

In Total:

We have 3 of these:
MuVgL.jpg

DPvdW.jpg

We have 2 of these:
XmVEd.jpg

QSl0J.jpg

QHZP2.jpg

And 1 of the following:
y4l5f.jpg
== F
Yjpxy.jpg

LWfbA.jpg

X4EJN.jpg

d1P4w.jpg

On28M.jpg

spNb1.jpg

Ka9dT.jpg

QSsRx.jpg

3qZaL.jpg

22 characters total.
15 unique characters

androvsky

Well, it has the correct number of characters for "Tales of Graces Future PS3" if you remove the spaces. We can assume it's scrambled and the "F" from "Future" is coincidentally where the lower case 'f' from "of" would be.

I did a quick frequency analysis, and the number of repeated characters in "Tales of Graces Future PS3" is incredibly close to the number of repeated tiles... but it's not exact. I might have to play with cases and spaces some.

LiK

Firestorm said:
I'll be pretty disappointed if it's just Vesperia PS3.
The least amount of work to localize but yea, it'll be disappointing if all these teasers end up as only Vesperia.

androvsky

Well, if it's "Tales of Graces Future ???", the last three characters has to include either an 'a', an 's', an 'r', or a 'u'. And the other two characters probably shouldn't be repeats of any of the others. :/

edit: "Ps3" would work, but "PS3" would mess everything up, because I'm assuming case matters.

LiK said:
The least amount of work to localize but yea, it'll be disappointing if all these teasers end up as only Vesperia.
I would love if it was Vesperia. It would mean that 1. we get an awesome game with new content, and 2. they aren't afraid to bring over such an old Tales game, which is a good sign for both Graces and Xillia eventually coming over in addition to Vesperia.

Seda

"Tales of the Abyss 3DS fall" works.....I think

3 s
3 l

2 e
2 f
2 a

1 T
1 o
1 t
1 h
1 A
1 b
1 y
1 3
1 D
1 S

22 characters total, 15 unique characters. The 'f' in 'fall' must be lowercase though, assuming case matters.

nvm we only have one 'f'. Close though.

If the F given to us has to be a capital F, that means the name can't be Tales of the Abyss and must be "Graces F" or "Graces Future".....assuming it is a Tales game.

If case doesn't matter, it could still be TALES OF THE ABYSS 3DS ???? but there can't be an f in the final word. actually no it couldn't cause then there would be 4 'S' characters and we can't have that.

Tales of the Abyss 3DS could have a subtitle that we don't know about that might be necessary.

lupin23rd

Seda said:
"Tales of the Abyss 3DS fall" works.....I think

3 s
3 l

2 e
2 f
2 a

1 T
1 o
1 t
1 h
1 A
1 b
1 y
1 3
1 D
1 S

22 characters total, 15 unique characters. The 'f' in 'fall' must be lowercase though, assuming case matters.

Edit: nevermind

androvsky

Almost had it, nice work. That makes me think though that the letters I'm missing could be "May"
edit: "Tales of Graces Future May"

a = 3
e = 3

s = 2
r = 2
u = 2

T = 1
l = 1
o = 1
f = 1
G = 1
c = 1
t = 1
M = 1
y = 1
F = 1

Did I miss anything?

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
InfiniteNine said:
Unless it has new content I don't see myself caring.

Needs that plus
a more definitive ending
;)

Then perhaps I'd be interested... Otherwise I'll just stick with the PS2 ver :)

Seda

androvsky said:
Almost had it, nice work. That makes me think though that the letters I'm missing could be "May"
edit: "Tales of Graces Future May"

a = 3
e = 3

s = 2
r = 2
u = 2

T = 1
l = 1
o = 1
f = 1
G = 1
c = 1
t = 1
M = 1
y = 1
F = 1

Did I miss anything?

Looks solid to me, but I highly doubt it would be coming out in May.

androvsky

Seda said:
Looks solid to me, but I highly doubt it would be coming out in May.

Well, supposedly they'd already started the localization of the Wii version a while back before quitting. Maybe they got a decent way through before?

edit: okay, still seems unlikely, but not too impossible. I think it's about the same turnaround time that Sega had between the announcement and release of localized Yakuza 3.

Link1110

Umm... The symbol that means F only appears once. It appears in the 7th position, but since the first and third letters are the same, it can't say "Tales of"

Seda

Link1110 said:
Umm... The symbol that means F only appears once. It appears in the 7th position, but since the first and third letters are the same, it can't say "Tales of"

we were assuming that it was completely scrambled, not properly spaced, and that case mattered. We're solely going by characters available.

Obviously its a shot in the dark, but whatever.

androvsky

Link1110 said:

What Seda said. And yeah, there's other things that could fit based on a frequency analysis and one letter... but "Tales of Graces Future May" is one of those things that works.

Rpgmonkey

I really doubt the letters are scrambled.

It's a layer of confusion that weakens the point in trying to figure it out without knowing every clue, and it's extending what's already looking to be a very drawn out puzzle (at the current rate this will be going for a little over two weeks). The puzzle here is likely just putting each glyph into English and figuring out the message. It's a pretty common puzzle they're doing, but it's kinda weird to take it up a notch and you have to decipher what you just deciphered. :p

The pictures that come with the translated glyph (arrangement of Pac-Men that spelled F) may also be a clue, but there's going to have to be another clue or two for this to be a stronger theory.

Seda

Darackutny said:

ataleoftwo
richards

well that's 18 letters and it matches up exactly with the glyph pic. (characters in the right places)

3 a

2 t
2 o
2 r

1 t
1 l
1 e
1 f
1 i
1 c
1 d
1 d
1 s

what could the last 4 letters be to match up the glyphs? it has to be "-co-"

Right?

Darackutny

Well done.

That was fast. I wonder if they are gonna release it faster now that we've figured it out.
Or just scrap the project.

androvsky

Seda said:
ataleoftwo
richards

well that's 18 letters and it matches up exactly with the glyph pic. (characters in the right places)

3 a

2 t
2 o
2 r

1 t
1 l
1 e
1 f
1 i
1 c
1 d
1 d
1 s

what could the last 4 letters be to match up the glyphs? it has to be "-co-"

Right?

Oh, that's freaky. I wonder if that might've been a halfway point in the puzzle, where if we got it partially figured out people would go to that URL...

edit: on a side note, the registrar info for ataleoftworichards is weird, I'm having trouble finding a whois that spits out a country or city I recognize. But it was registered on the 12th of this month.

Rpgmonkey

Why are the letters for the title white instead of blue? And the IP appears to located in NY, not California like other NB sites, and it's not by the registrar who does the other NB sites.

Hmm...

Einbroch

Banned
The website was created two weeks ago, apparently there's an importance with "two richards" and "apple" with the storyline (need confirmation, just what people are saying), and the giant "F" hint alongside with all the promises of everyone being happy and the glyphs all lining up is WAY too much of a coincidence.

Pretty sure it's true, folks. Please be true. :(

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
duckroll said:
This is going to end in tears. I hope you all know that.
I don't know about you, but I'm laughing my ass off. At some point one must go past the pain and just laugh at everyone's collective misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom