• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale’s Closure Gets Detailed In A Documentary

Mista

Banned

A documentary released by Noclip titled Telltale: The Human Stories Behind The Games details the event and features four different former Telltale employees working there in different capacities: Kent Muddle (Cinematics Artist), Emily Grace Buck (Narrative Designer), Caroline Liddick (Community Media Manager), and Paul Mastroianni (Executive Assistant). They talk openly about friction between executives and developers, taking on far too many projects, on the fly changes the studio had to endure which lead to 80, 90 or even 100 hour work weeks, being stuck in a cycle of developing the same game formula endlessly, and the sudden closure that most in the company were totally unaware until the day it happened.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Their games were really hit and miss for me, but the ones I liked (The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Tales from the Borderlands) I loved.

Sad that their studio closure caused so much chaos for these people.

CaptainClaw

Their games were really hit and miss for me, but the ones I liked (The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Tales from the Borderlands) I loved.

Sad that their studio closure caused so much chaos for these people.
Yh I would have loved to have seen Season 2 of The Wolf Among Us.

Enjay

Banned
Ever since they died I can't stop hearing about them. Starting to think telltalegames was actually a rapper.

Watching now.

1. Loved WD 1.

2. Loved The Wolf Among Us. (Would pay for S2)

3. TftBL was cool but got praised too much. (and I'm a huge BL fan)

4. Everything else (and I played all of it afaik) was kinda meh.

Edit: lol "marriage didn't work out but the Telltale job did" :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

Pallas

Gold Member
Was really looking forward to The Wolf Amomg Us season 2/sequel. I enjoyed a lot of their games, even the earlier and more difficult ones like Jurassic Park.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I think the main problem of this is are the Youtubers and Streaming that show the gameplay and the story.

The other part was the lack of a real choice with a real events, not only a illusional effect.

Bring games with different mode, seriously who wanted to play Batman, when there are games that are based on action and beat em up? who wanted to play a Batman with a Telltale-type approach, because honestly I would not do it and would prefer the action ones.

And the 3rd one was not improve their Engine.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Was really looking forward to The Wolf Amomg Us season 2/sequel. I enjoyed a lot of their games, even the earlier and more difficult ones like Jurassic Park.
I liked their game to be honest. TWD: The Final Season saw a huge improvement tech wise
Just when they were getting the hang of it :(

Top Bottom