• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Telltale's The Walking Dead - Story Discussion (UNMARKED SPOILERS)

Or that she'll appear in some form at the very least. I'm happy to hear that. So many people kept arguing that it would be better to drop her from season 2.

Dropping her from Season 2 would be a sin of Luciferian proportions. Season 1 was all about her growing as a character and evolving from a tagalong kid that you need to protect to an awesome, resourceful zombie slayer who is perfectly capable of carrying/dragging a fully grown man around without getting munched, and I want to see the fruit of that evolution.

Jake

If anyone's interested, all week members of the TTG dev team are participating in a live stream on WD season one on Twitch. http://twitch.tv/telltalegames

Right now it's our composer Jared Emerson-Johnson, and our lead sound designer Lazar Levine, along with Laura our community manager and a rotating cast of other folks.

Really wish the DLC would be free, specially to the people that bought the season pass early.

Why should it be free? More work probably went into this episode than any of the other ones, considering they had to create models for all the new cast instead of being able to reuse assets from the previous episodes.

Jake

Really wish the DLC would be free, specially to the people that bought the season pass early.

I really wish everything was free. This isn't like, a new costume for Lee or something, though, or a new level, it's an entire new episode. It has some ridiculous number like 25 new voiced characters in it. If this was the sort of DLC that was just a tweak on the existing content, I think there would have been a conversation internally about offering it free to people who bought season one, but this is really a separate new thing. People who bought the season pass were told from minute one that they were paying for a 5 episode season, and this is a sixth episode. I hope it feels worth it to folks, but if it doesn't -- if you don't want a weird connective tissue side story -- you don't have to buy it. Season two is already in the works, so you'll get a whole new, mainline longform WD game season coming up reasonably soon!

RPGCrazied

Put the pitchforks down. :p I'll buy it of course, I just thought the season pass people would get it for free. Specially since its worded DLC and not new episode. $4.99 right?

Jake

Put the pitchforks down. :p I'll buy it of course, I just thought the season pass people would get it for free. Specially since its worded DLC and not new episode. $4.99 right?

Every episode past 1 is technically DLC I guess... Weird. But yeah, it's not a stand-alone product, it's downloaded through the season one launcher, but it's its own thing. I'm not sure of the pricing because I havent been paying enough attention to what's going on with that, sorry :( I've been paying attention to S2.

Every episode past 1 is technically DLC I guess... Weird. But yeah, it's not a stand-alone product, it's downloaded through the season one launcher, but it's its own thing. I'm not sure of the pricing because I havent been paying enough attention to what's going on with that, sorry :( I've been paying attention to S2.

Are you allowed to divulge whether or not Gary will be working on Season 2 or not? Him, Sean and Mark made for a great writing team :)

Jake

Are you allowed to divulge whether or not Gary will be working on Season 2 or not? Him, Sean and Mark made for a great writing team :)

The writing team for Season Two is still being sorted, but it'll include a lot of familiar names (and probably some new ones). Gary was on the writing team of 400 Days along with Sean Vanaman, Mark Darin, and Sean Ainsworth.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Do not want Clementine in 400 days or Season 2 because there's no way it works out well. Either she doesn't die and I'm annoyed because unkillable characters break the tension in the Walking Dead, or she does die and......YOU FUCKERS YOU LEAVE CLEMENTINE ALONE.

But from a practical point of view I don't want to see it happen because I don't want to see TT waste time writing hundreds of extra lines of dialogue for every possible choice in season 1, every time you add that complexity you're taking away from other areas so I'd much rather see them take the lessons from the first season and apply them to another group, with another story, that will most likely destroy me all over again.

Jokab

Watching the second cast, I'm a bit disappointed that Terry knows almost nothing of the game. Did he just get in, record his lines and get out? He didn't know Lilly was his daughter, or even what Larry actually does in the game. Him asking questions about Larry's personality makes it seems like he didn't know his character at all.

Jake

Watching the second cast, I'm a bit disappointed that Terry knows almost nothing of the game. Did he just get in, record his lines and get out? He didn't know Lilly was his daughter, or even what Larry actually does in the game. Him asking questions about Larry's personality makes it seems like he didn't know his character at all.

It's been a year since that dude was in the booth for Larry, and he is a busy working actor (and acting teacher). We did a playthrough of episode 2 with the whole SF Bay Area contingent of the voice team, right after the episode was released when it was fresher in everyone's minds, and there were no questions like that at the time. I think things eventually just get lost amidst a billion other roles. The TTG video guys did an interview with Terry which is pretty good, too.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Well i figured this is the thread to use for spoilers on the new 400 days DLC.

I thought it was a great little episode that helps shed some light on what I guess is the next set of survivors for season 2. It was great to get a couple of little tidbits of info like what happened to vernon and crew with the boat! I missed the part of jumping in a ditch as Russell but I loved the dialog that happens when you do that choice. It's a bit confusing how to make everyone go to the town though, who know if that really matters in the end though. Anyone find any other cool tidbits of info from season 1 in 400 days?

I just finished the episode, and I really wish it was longer. Not because I feel ripped off or anything; I just loved each of the characters so much and wanted to experience more of their stories. Only Wyatt and Bonnie left the camp at the end, and I hope that doesn't screw me out of more time with my favourite characters of the episode (Shel and Russel).

Either way, it was a really neat experience and I look forward to seeing these characters interact with Clementine (because I'm not done with her yet, dangit!) in Season 2, hopefully on the PS4!

I played them all in chronological order (since their teaser vines revealed the order). I thought all except the last one were a bit too short and the pacing was rushed. Not having context of who the people are and already having to make decisions about them, having them be "action packed" (not exactly the strong point of the game) due to their short length, and having virtually no control over the speed at which things progress. Frustrating.

Vince's chapter was ok, but since you're just sitting in one spot the whole time, didn't feel like you had any influence over it. Choices basically amounted to if you wanted to learn the backstory of characters you'll probably never see again. I shot off Danny's foot. Didn't really care about either of them, but eh, it was Danny's idea to use the gun in the first place.

Wyatt's chapter probably the worst as far as dropping you in with no context. Their banter back and forth was amusing, but I honestly couldn't tell what they were doing beyond "shot a guy, running away now". I couldn't figure out how to get out of the car. Didn't know it was an option. Died a few times here because I couldn't find the one prompt you're supposed to do fast enough. I did like playing rock paper scissors though, nothing beats rock!

Russell's chapter felt the most railroaded. You're stuck with an obviously shitty person, you're even given the option to shoot him, but you can't actually do so. I do like how Vince is super distrusting of strangers in the epilogue (for me at least?) after the events of this. Was nice to see Carley again, lol.

Bonnie's chapter, I thought the corn field stuff was an interesting change of pace to the action segment, though I called the "person sneaking up on you is actually Dee" and didn't do anything to them the first time ...and she shot me. So hey, it was either her or me, man! Was honest about it to Leland (and earlier tried to make it so the game "knew" I wasn't interested in him, not sure if that took or not).

Shel's chapter was the one that felt properly fleshed out, didn't start with a "oh shit what do we do!" moment, let the characters interact for a few minutes in relative peace while you learn who the hell they are, then shit goes down. I didn't kill the guy who couldn't speak English. Was kind of annoyed the "he should stay here" option was brushed off the table without letting me argue for it. Damn racist old cancer lady! Then suggested we leave instead of killing Stephanie, I liked that when Becca was like "screw that I'll kill her", you can call her on that and she can't do it. Would have preferred some way to bust Stephanie out of there, or at least have the characters regret having to leave her to die...

Got everyone to go with me in the epilogue, Russell was the only one against it, but I lured him in with not-promises of seeing his family again. Yeah we totally went up to Statesboro...

dc89

Just finished Episode 5. Man, holy fuck. :'(
I genuinely had tears pricking my eyes.

"I'll miss you."
"Me too."

That totally fucked me up.

Pompadour

Just finished Episode 5. Man, holy fuck. :'(
I genuinely had tears pricking my eyes.

"I'll miss you."
"Me too."

That totally fucked me up.

It's interesting that this line is probably the most quoted line in regards to this game yet it was one of four options. Did anyone not pick it?

It's interesting that this line is probably the most quoted line in regards to this game yet it was one of four options. Did anyone not pick it?

I didn't choose that one. I can't remember exactly what I chose there, but it was just too emotional for me. I was more emotionally invested in this game than any other one I've played. Can't wait for season 2.

After a few months away I finally got around to playing Episode 4 yesterday and played through 5 today.

Yeah.... thats a heck of a downer.

Also I didnt expect so many unanswered questions and set ups for a potential 2nd season. This is my first time through a entire run of a TT game so I dont know if thats just the way they do things.

Might pick up 400 days on the steam sale. Maybe the wolf among us as well if it pops up.

Jake

After a few months away I finally got around to playing Episode 4 yesterday and played through 5 today.

Yeah.... thats a heck of a downer.

Also I didnt expect so many unanswered questions and set ups for a potential 2nd season. This is my first time through a entire run of a TT game so I dont know if thats just the way they do things.

Might pick up 400 days on the steam sale. Maybe the wolf among us as well if it pops up.

Were there that many important unanswered questions? I'm curious what stuck out to you. We tried to tie up the big stuff but it didn't feel right for the world and license and even the story of the game to have it end neat.

How far are people into Season 2?

I just finished the first episode of Season 2. The entire episode was pretty crazy but that part with the dog really got me. Apparently I was one of the few who disliked Christa enough to try and sneak away since me and only 5% of other people did so...

Sora_N

Surprised that most people: saved Christa and killed the dog.

I didn't want the dog to suffer even though he bit me, tbh...

I saved Christa because she took care of me.

I gave water to the dying man because I thought he knew where Christa went.

I saved Nick because it looks like Pete got bit (seems like a split choice though, almost 50%).

Great episode, hope the second one is out soon.

Surprised that most people: saved Christa and killed the dog.

I didn't want the dog to suffer even though he bit me, tbh...

I saved Christa because she took care of me.

I gave water to the dying man because I thought he knew where Christa went.

I saved Nick because it looks like Pete got bit (seems like a split choice though, almost 50%).

Great episode, hope the second one is out soon.

I can forgive the dog to put him out of his misery. Must have been severely starved and animals are unpredictable in situations like that.

Top Bottom