• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tenacious D - Rize of the Fenix, announcement thread of announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Black appears to have turned Hispanic. I haven't even heard the second album (possibly because the film put me off) but the first was amazing.

EDIT: I wish they'd use more electric guitars.

Cat Party

I love their first album and their HBO show to death, but the movie was pretty meh and I never got the soundtrack. Should I rectify that?

My top 5 D songs:

1. Tribute
2. Jesus Ranch
3. Fuck it, all of them! (Except Wonderboy.)
4. Wonderboy

WrikaWrek

Banned
I love their first album and their HBO show to death, but the movie was pretty meh and I never got the soundtrack. Should I rectify that?

My top 5 D songs:

1. Tribute
2. Jesus Ranch
3. Fuck it, all of them! (Except Wonderboy.)
4. Wonderboy

I like Fuck Her gently too.

The iTunes cover is...

V4HttpAssetRepositoryClient-ticket.lfsajrms.jpg-6459361286272820366.170x170-75.jpg

AHAHAHA. WHY!?!

When Rize of the Fenix ramps up in the 2nd 3rd of the song, OMG. So much good stuff. It's obvious that RotF was going to be three separate songs like Jack talked about before, but they decided to mash them into one whole song instead. Such a great track.

I can't fucking wait for this album. Tenacious D and Jack Black have been such a huge influence on me, I'm so happy it's finally coming out. :D Been waiting YEARS for this.

Rootbeer

Banned
Wait till you hear 39... never thought i'd hear a song like this from the D. Some things get better with age :) (I still don't want to ever reach 39. But yeah.)

Wait till you hear 39... never thought i'd hear a song like this from the D. Some things get better with age :) (I still don't want to ever reach 39. But yeah.)

I secretly hoped it was a cover of the Queen song '39, but now I see they've basically written a Bruce Springsteen song and it's fucking great.

Danielsan

Listening now. Up to Rise of the Fenix. Really really digging it!
Now I feel extra sad that I was unable to obtain tickets for their show in The Netherlands. :(

Erekiddo

Listening to it now.. so far, so good.

I knew the movie did pretty terrible financially, but I still think it's a great film.

kamspy

They've been brainwashed by peer pressure. The movie was amazing.

Agreed.

The HBO show was better.

Agreed.

I had no clue the D had a new album coming out. Fuck yes.

I got drunk one night and decided to change my voicemail to me, drunkingly singing:

Climb up on my faithful stee heed
Then we gonna ride gonna smoke some wee heed
Climb up on my faithful steed and ride ride ride...

I kept that on there for at least a year. Got a funny talk from my manager at the time about it, but it was more of him not thinking it was really me singing.

I love some D. Have they put the full HBO series out on one blu ray yet? Because I need that in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom