• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tencent's Lightspeed Studios announces its first AAA: Code to Jin Yong

mdkirby

Looks great. Looking forward to seeing some of these Chinese and Korean releases....On paper at least it looks like they've REALLY stepped up their game in the last year or so.

This, Black Myth, DokeV all look pretty wild.

I guess we'll see how they hold up under critique when they release.

I'm also glad china are making some good looking stuff. Like it or not, they are on track to be the world leaders for the coming century, and their culture and entertainment products will continue to fill an ever increasing percentage of the stuff we consume.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The Chinese are so good at copying! Here you can see they're copying Elden Ring's framerate!
Cold blooded.....but true.

I wonder if the Irvine team will be in charge of the western release.
They seem to have had quite a tech cobble up so maybe they get Unreal Engine to play nice.

Fbh

On its own it looks interesting but all these Chinese games look so samey.

This is like the fifth game in the past few months I've seen that's third person with flashy combat set in ancient China probably with some magical or mythological elements.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Looks excellent. And it may actually look like this if they are showing a demo with a sub 30fps.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Tencent. :messenger_smiling_hearts:

In Love Awww GIF

Pejo

We'll see. I want to see one of these games actually release before I start getting excited about it.

I want GLORY in UE5 please any Chinese developer reading this. Please make one MMO for the PS5 on the level and quality of FFXIV

Last edited:

CosmicComet

Another dope looking Chinese action game.

Can't wait for China and South Korea to come into the AAA space since I've pretty much abandoned western devs now. And most Japanese devs other than Square and Capcom are mostly in the AA space, which is cool too but nice to delve back into a huge budget production once in a while.

Looks great. Looking forward to seeing some of these Chinese and Korean releases....On paper at least it looks like they've REALLY stepped up their game in the last year or so.

This, Black Myth, DokeV all look pretty wild.

I guess we'll see how they hold up under critique when they release.

I'm also glad china are making some good looking stuff. Like it or not, they are on track to be the world leaders for the coming century, and their culture and entertainment products will continue to fill an ever increasing percentage of the stuff we consume.
Koreans have always had AAA level games it's just most were PC exclusives and multiplayer. DokeV is looking to also be multiplayer and while not PC exclusive it is a PC first game heavily pushing PC hardware as Korean AAA games tend to.

Last edited:
Top Bottom