• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tenet draws some interesting reactions

This is how I felt about Hacksaw Ridge especially coming from Passion and Apocalypto which I thought were both all time fucking masterpieces. Apocalypto I could watch any time, I never get tired of it.

And I fucking hate Hacksaw Ridge. I hate it so much. I think it's a boring, forgettable, waste of a WW2 movie, especially when the director seemed so suited to it.

Reminds me of Spielberg's War of the Worlds. I thought it was right up his alley as the new Jurassic Park and it was so fucking disappointing. Felt almost zero tension and fuck the son character and the idiotic ending. One of the biggest disappointments ever.

I liked War of the Worlds until that ending... also didn't think the Tim Robbins section was exceptional.

Edit: Got my tickets to Tenet in IMAX, seeing it a few days before Sept 2nd in fact.

Last edited:

Kadayi

Banned
I think Nolan can be a bit hit and miss. I really liked Inception and Dunkirk, but I actually dislike the batman films (plot holes you could fly the imperial fleet through), and albeit Interstellar was visually stunning the plot was all over the place and the saccharine ending made me gag truth be told. Interested in Tenet, but just with things the way they are at present with Covid on the rise again in the UK I will probably forgo seeing at the cinema for now, at least at the nearby multiplex. If the local arts Cinema is open again and showing it I might try and catch it there as I dare say they could do with the money.

I think Nolan can be a bit hit and miss. I really liked Inception and Dunkirk, but I actually dislike the batman films (plot holes you could fly the imperial fleet through), and albeit Interstellar was visually stunning the plot was all over the place and the saccharine ending made me gag truth be told. Interested in Tenet, but just with things the way they are at present with Covid on the rise again in the UK I will probably forgo seeing at the cinema for now, at least at the nearby multiplex. If the local arts Cinema is open again and showing it I might try and catch it there as I dare say they could do with the money.

???

56sxW3B.png

KgjKbRp.png

Not to derail but I'd say UK is doing pretty good.

???

56sxW3B.png

KgjKbRp.png

Not to derail but I'd say UK is doing pretty good.
Yeah lmao it's hillarious too when I read about corona fear on reddit when it comes to visiting US theaters to watch a movie.

>BLM "protests" or laying at beach half-naked with million people around? I sleep
>Watching a movie in a cinema? Real shit xD

I don't know I just find it funny and this whole panic is so overblown to the point it's absurd.

First review I read:

EFp8KE1.png

That sounds about right. I was wondering if the new composer could fill Hans' shoes.

Turn the volume up loud. That's what it's always like for Nolan movies. I'll never forget how cranked the music was during the tidal wave in Interstellar.

Last edited:

asustitan

Banned
Nolan is also hit and miss with me.

I liked Inception, TDK, his old ones Memento, Prestige.

I thought Batman Begins was bad, Interstellar was a little messy.

Top Bottom