• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tennis World Tour announced (2018, Breakpoint Studio, OMG!)

oti

Banned
Hold me GAF.

SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR TO TOP SPIN 4

Praise Federer.

BIGBEN AND BREAKPOINT STUDIO ANNOUNCE TENNIS WORLD TOUR

Lesquin, May 18th, 2017. Bigben and Breakpoint are pleased to announce Tennis World Tour, the new standard for tennis games, due for release in 2018 on consoles and PC.

In order to make the best possible game and match players' expectations, the studio has brought in an experienced team which has worked on the "Top Spin" license.

Pierre André, Game Designer on Tennis World Tour and former Producer on "Top Spin 4": "For years we've wanted to create a new tennis game, a spiritual successor to "Top Spin 4". Technical evolutions now mean we can create the ultra-realistic simulation that we've been dreaming of."

Benoît Clerc, Director of Video Games at Bigben: "We are proud to give to all tennis fans a game worthy of their enthusiasm. The level of quality, wealth of content and game mechanics will ensure Tennis World Tour is one of the best sport simulations on the market."

This desire to provide a faithful tennis simulation translates into demanding gameplay during rally, a wide range of playing styles and a strategic preparation that influences the course of each match.

In addition to that, Tennis World Tour lets you experience the career of a professional: more than 30 playable tennis stars including Roger Federer, Gaël Monfils, Angelique Kerber, Garbiñe Muguruza and many more.

More information about the game will be provided during Gamescom 2017.

http://inpublic.globenewswire.com/releaseDetails.faces?rId=2106094

FYI Gamescom 2017 is August 22-26.

We can expect more information then. Maybe add to the OP?

Peru

Oh my..

If this can deliver... if this is top spin 4 quality in a modern package I may be content for life.

This is legit a dream come true. Setting myself up for disappointment of course, but I'm in heaven right now.

Give me that list of players.

Ohmbrew

This makes me happy. Whenever I bought a new console, a tennis game would always be one of the first games I get for it. I've been sad that this generation didn't have a proper tennis game during the 1st year (and up until now).

Hopefully this will fill the void!

Peru

image.php
image.php

Definitely intrigued by this. I hope it plays well; to me, Virtua Tennis 1/2 are the best playing tennis games that've been made.

is it arcadish? has licensed players?

"We are proud to give to all tennis fans a game worthy of their enthusiasm. The level of quality, wealth of content and game mechanics will ensure Tennis World Tour is one of the best sport simulations on the market."
Awesome, hope it has licensed players and releases on X1. My dad is going to love this.

Edit:
In addition to that, Tennis World Tour lets you experience the career of a professional: more than 30 playable tennis stars including Roger Federer, Gaël Monfils, Angelique Kerber, Garbiñe Muguruza and many more.
Awesome x2.
Ok, I should read before asking.

Top Bottom