• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator: Dark Fate- trailer 2

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Looks pretty damn decent. And R rating unlike that piece of shit Salvation.

I look forward to the next couple months of youtube recommendations telling me how this robot action movie is feminist propaganda.

sol_bad

Are there spoilers in the trailer? I want to watch it but there has been a track record of Terminator trailers spoiling things.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Looks pretty damn decent. And R rating unlike that piece of shit Salvation.

I look forward to the next couple months of youtube recommendations telling me how this robot action movie is feminist propaganda.
lol what kind of shit do you watch

MayauMiao

Eh it looks good enough I'll go see it since James Cameron is the producer. I doubt he will allow woke feminist kind of propaganda ruin the movie.

Jon Neu

Banned

Yeah, it's not like the director himself has already confirmed that it is.

Another conspiracy to taint the good name of a movie that has nothing to do with a political agenda.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yeah, it's not like the director himself has already confirmed that it is.

Another conspiracy to taint the good name of a movie that has nothing to do with a political agenda.

You need not worry Jon, my old gaming pal from MK11 threads. Unlike that game, which was incredibly successful commercially and continues to be the best selling new title of 2019, this movie likely will bomb. R rating doesn't help.

Doczu

Better trailer than the first one,but it still doesn't make me feel like this will be a great "third" Terminator movie.

Still no John Connor, even after they confirmed Furlong is in...

...So probably he'll be killed off in the beginning, like the leakers claim.

Retired Arnie living in the countryside... Ok... Probably once his mission was completed he became docile and awaited the J-Day, which never came so he kept a low profile. Not a bad idea.

Main chick is a enhanced, cybernetic human - so this may be the reason how they "win" in the future (from the first trailer)

Main bad dude tries to be a smug T-1000, totally doesn't feel like the cold killing machines from the earlier films 😐

I don't know guys, i really try to guve this a chance, now that Cameron iscback and all, but the almost 30 years gap between his last jab at the series doesn't convince me. It looks like this won't be the Terminator for old fans, but for new ones. And the old arch of J-Day and the Connors is a farewell party.

Kazza

Are there spoilers in the trailer? I want to watch it but there has been a track record of Terminator trailers spoiling things.

I think the trailer shows a little too much. Maybe due to the first trailer being subpar, they felt the need to add in bits of the coolest scenes here, so avoid if you already know you are going to watch it.

That's it. I just saw the whole movie. What is it with trailers these days showing EVERYTHING.

Also, does she have dementia? "My... name... Is... Sarar... Coh... Nar... uhhhh"

Like, it's great that there's some decent levels of violence, but I still dunno... Still too many cheesy bits.

Pretty much. I wish I didn't watch it.

Last edited:
Prepared to give it a chance, but the last few movies have dampened my hopes for this (that and terminators who ‘throw’)

Still you never know, but I’ll watch this with low expectations and hope to be surprised

Jon Neu

Banned
You need not worry Jon, my old gaming pal from MK11 threads. Unlike that game, which was incredibly successful commercially and continues to be the best selling new title of 2019, this movie likely will bomb. R rating doesn't help.

I'm glad you are coming to terms with it.

Linda Hamilton being back makes me believe it has to be good. She wouldn’t have agreed unless it was... right?
Cameron is a producer and she wants a paycheck. I think she would do it regardless.

Sarah Connor/Arnie is the heart of the franchise though so it's great to have the original back.

Last edited:

Acidizer

Banned
This look atrocious. It shall suck donkey balls and I am disappointed about that.

T1 is my GOAT film. It is just so perfect, this new crap despite promising signs (Jim back on board, R rating) just misses the mark by an obscene margin. WTF. Can safely say the series is dead. But then again it died after T2.

When they say 'forget everything after T2' - that includes this.

Last edited:
Cameron is a producer and she wants a paycheck. I think she would do it regardless.

Sarah Connor/Arnie is the heart of the franchise though so it's great to have the original back.
She said no to the other ones tho. And they weren’t good.

Sure I may be doing the Halo Reach here. But I want to believe

kunonabi

Still not particularly interested. The new Terminators are just so meh and they havent sold me on the targeted girl either.

The action looks fine. But...

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

That is a different T800 and apparently he killed John Connor a few years after T2 and that's why Sarah is pissed at him. Also that's why Furlong was filming for this.

Last edited:

HarryKS

What's really happening? What's the plot? At this point, this new Terminator looks too strong, how are they even able to cope?

Otterz4Life

I’m just over the franchise at this point. I caught the first one on tv last week. Now THAT is a badass film. Should have stopped at 1.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Looks decent, but that's it. Once again will barely come close to the first two. Too much obvious cg and the villain terminator not even close to being as menacing as Arnie in the first or Robert Patrick in the second.

Oh and Miller wasn't even the one who gave deadpool the best action scenes, it was David Leitch in the second movie, who does much better action movies in general.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Looks better but looks like your typical Hollywood blockbuster fare. Muh diversity, muh feminisim, probably going to be some muh China in there for that sweet sweet Yuan.

Still not really interested in this whole John Conner was a schome, all the sacrafices you did in the last 2 movies were for nothing, now this new girl is the REAL ONE. Fuck that Conner dude, its all about rehashing the plot of 1/2 where this girl is the new the ONE who will save humanity. And the new AI just happened to have the same stupid plan that failed the old AI. I thought it was a neuro net processer, a learning computer. Seems the AI doesn't learn anything.

I am more curious how they are going to sequel bait at the end of this movie.

nkarafo

Why did Sarah attacked Arnie in this? They wanted to repeat the same scene in T2? But in T2 it made sense so what now?

cryptoadam

Banned
Why did Sarah attacked Arnie in this? They wanted to repeat the same scene in T2? But in T2 it made sense so what now?

spoiler based on leaks

Arnie kills JC at the beginning of the movie. I figure after JC is dead Arnie just slinks away. This causes Sarah to become bitter and terminator killing machine. So when she meets this Arnie the last time she saw him he killed JC.

The bigger question is why is the new Terminator aligned with Arnie? How did she know about him.

VulcanRaven

This could look better but I'm still excited. Here is new interview with Cameron:

One thing that worries me is that they were still working on the script while they were shooting:
“I focused on getting the script punched up,” Cameron said. “I didn’t feel like we went into the shoot with the script exactly where it should have been. There was a lot of momentum on the project, there was a start date, there was a lot of energy and a lot of “go fever,” but the script wasn’t where it needed to be so I quietly worked on it in the background and shipping out pages. Sometimes I was shipping out pages the day before they shot a scene. I’m not sure that was 100% always helpful but overall I kept the characters on track and sounding right and being where they needed to be.”

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Well its like the 10th terminator, its just a money grab nothing else at this point. Don't think they care to much about it.

Shantae

Banned
Cameron producing still makes me think I'll give this a shot in cinemas. Early matinee when the theaters' empty, and it's cheap to go. Local theaters in my area off $5 on tuesday, and $6 on thursdays for students (Which they never check ids for), so it's no big loss if it's not great.

Alita Battle Angel was one of my favorite action movies of the last few years, and I think it's partly because Cameron still knows how to at least produce a great movie. His involvement along with Linda Hamilton give me hope that maybe it'll be a surprise good movie.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Looks good so far..
Never understood all the hate for Salvation though. If you judge it on it's own merits I thought it was pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:

JimiNutz

Banned
Why does everyone hate T3?
I rewatched it recently and it isn’t bad at all.

I don't really remember that much about it apart from it just feeling like an inferior version of T2. It wasn't awful but it felt like a poor imitation of the previous movie.

Best thing about T3 was probably the ending. I like that they went there and fucking nuked everyone.

Grinchy

Banned
It just looks like Justine Bieberbot is the main character and we get a decent amount of Linda Hamilton, and maybe 2 scenes with Arnold. The rest of it is just no-name kids that are cheap as hell to put on screen and will continue to be cheap if this movie generates sequels. I'm just not feeling it.

Top Bottom