• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator: Resistance Annihilation Line DLC Gameplay

faisalasif

Annihilation Line is a new narrative DLC campaign for the PC and PlayStation 5 versions of Terminator: Resistance and will be available to purchase worldwide from Steam and the PlayStation Store on December 10th, 2021. Annihilation Line picks up mid-way through the main campaign story, and sees Jacob Rivers and a small team of Resistance soldiers led by Kyle Reese heading into the most dangerous territory imaginable...the land beyond the Annihilation Line.

❖ A thrilling, action-packed original story featuring over 4 hours of new content, which will delve deeper into the history of Jacob Rivers and take players to new areas of post- apocalyptic California.

❖ Fight shoulder-to-shoulder with the iconic Resistance hero Kyle Reese and help him become the man who will sacrifice everything for the sake of a better future. Plus, meet other characters exclusive to the DLC, and live out Kyle’s visions of the future seen in The Terminator.

❖ Venture beyond the line of fire as you cross Skynet’s deadly Annihilation Line out a vital mission to strike a deadly blow to the machines. Arm yourself with expanded arsenal of weapons, and defend against enemies never before see Terminator video game such as the T-600 and HK Centurion.

Terminator: Resistance Annihilation Line Gameplay​

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I don't care if it's a bit jank, it's still a solid game and I'm glad there's some new content for it. I was looking to replay it with the PS5 upgrade for some time now so this is just another reason to finally do it over the Christmas break.
Haven't played the game but it is in my wishlist since release. The atmosphere seems quite solid and i like the first two movies. What do you think is "a bit jank"?

Drizzlehell

Banned
Haven't played the game but it is in my wishlist since release. The atmosphere seems quite solid and i like the first two movies. What do you think is "a bit jank"?
It's obviously low budget and you can see it when looking at the character models, enemy A.I., and some animations. But I was willing to look past that because, idk, you can sort of feel that the developer actually gave a shit about the license and not just trying to make a lazy cash grab. As you said, the atmosphere is spot on, the music is great, and it actually has a pretty solid story and some cool set pieces.

Now, the Terminator license is obviously its strongest virtue because let's be honest, nobody would give a shit about it if it was just some random FPS with robots. But I also think it's gonna satisfy if you're nostalgic about the first two movies and always wanted that Terminator game set in the original version of the post-apocalyptic war.

ultrazilla

The game is freaking great. The music, settings, graphics, sound effects, enemy design-all totally do the Terminator justice.

I especially like that the game is basically built around first movie's universe.

Pick the game up when you can, it's really a great experience. Can't wait to jump into the new DLC.

62fd9c6c8d613b4ad656a32fca329d64.gif

Terminator-Resistance-Enhanced-2.jpg

3b4b43255b54024c5626e3d34dbeee1e.gif

terminator-resistance-1200x675.jpg

1b2aa945989d7039b90d805388afba6895f7ae482411948f9a2c33e289360fe2_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

kunonabi

The game is freaking great. The music, settings, graphics, sound effects, enemy design-all totally do the Terminator justice.

I especially like that the game is basically built around first movie's universe.

Pick the game up when you can, it's really a great experience. Can't wait to jump into the new DLC.

62fd9c6c8d613b4ad656a32fca329d64.gif

Terminator-Resistance-Enhanced-2.jpg

3b4b43255b54024c5626e3d34dbeee1e.gif

terminator-resistance-1200x675.jpg

1b2aa945989d7039b90d805388afba6895f7ae482411948f9a2c33e289360fe2_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg
When does all this happen? So far all I've been fighting are drones, spiderbots, etc and it's boring as hell.

Drizzlehell

Banned
When does all this happen? So far all I've been fighting are drones, spiderbots, etc and it's boring as hell.
As soon as you reach the mission that sends you to investigate the hospital is when you meet your first Terminators, which is pretty early on in the game. Basically not long after you finish the prologue and get to the second hub. That mission is actually one of the highlights of the game because you have to sneak around them and it's tense as fuck. Kinda feels like the climax of the first movie. Normal weapons don't do jack shit to them so you have to wait until you get your hands on some laser weapons.

The last two screenshots must be from the DLC tho, because I don't remember that gun from the main campaign.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I feel like all old school Terminator fans really want in any game or movie is an aesthetic that captures the intro to Terminator 2.

I love Terminator 2, but that doesn't really appeal to me. Just seems like a generic sci-fi future at this point.

Maybe this game is pretty good, but the typical praise I see for it is just that it looks and feels like the intro to Terminator 2.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I feel like all old school Terminator fans really want in any game or movie is an aesthetic that captures the intro to Terminator 2.

I love Terminator 2, but that doesn't really appeal to me. Just seems like a generic sci-fi future at this point.

Maybe this game is pretty good, but the typical praise I see for it is just that it looks and feels like the intro to Terminator 2.
Blasphemy. Future scenes in T1 and T2 are GOAT.

Con-Z-epT

Seems like that all the people who love the Terminator franchise are liking this game despite its shortcomings. Then i'll jump into this... over the holidays. I really need something cool Terminator related.

Last edited:
Seems like that all the people who love the Terminator franchise are liking this game despite its shortcomings. Then i'll jump into this... over the holidays. I really need something cool Terminator related.
Just keep your expectations checked considering the gameplay.
It's not AAA-level and it doesn't have any unique ideas of it's own. It has stuff from the likes of Far Cry and Fallout.

But the atmosphere, story, music and the overall Terminator wibe are just 👌🏻

Con-Z-epT

But the atmosphere, story, music and the overall Terminator wibe are just 👌🏻
That is what i'm looking for and if the game delivers on that front i'm sure i'll like it.

That mission is actually one of the highlights of the game because you have to sneak around them and it's tense as fuck. Kinda feels like the climax of the first movie. Normal weapons don't do jack shit to them so you have to wait until you get your hands on some laser weapons.
Words like this make me think that i really need to play it.

The Skull

Saw a friend play this and, despite any shortcomings, it looked pretty good and faithful. Will pick this up soon hopefully.

Finally bought the enhanced edition this week. Loving the game so far. It's always great finding a good AA game with lots of heart. Like others have said, the atmosphere and music are incredible. It's amazing that this comes from the same studio that brought us the horrible Rambo shooter.

I'll probably pick up the DLC after I'm done playing the main campaign.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I keep seeing this get recommended. Is this "just" a FPS or is there more to the gameplay (not that you can't have a solid FPS, just curious what other gameplay elements there are)? STEAM has "Choice Matter" and "RPG" in the tags which is very interesting.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I keep seeing this get recommended. Is this "just" a FPS or is there more to the gameplay (not that you can't have a solid FPS, just curious what other gameplay elements there are)? STEAM has "Choice Matter" and "RPG" in the tags which is very interesting.
It has resource collection, crafting, story, decissions, stealth... I also think it's kinda open world in that it's scenarios are big and allow for exploration.

Patrick S.

Banned
It has resource collection, crafting, story, decissions, stealth... I also think it's kinda open world in that it's scenarios are big and allow for exploration.
I was there during the hype of and saw the original two movies as a kid.

T2 was a phenomenon. It was the Avatar of its day (btw, how awesome is it that these movies came out of the same mind).

T2 was the first large, blockbuster scale production with unseen before, photo realistic CGI. It was the herald of a new era. Plus it was a fucking awesome, adrenaline fueled ride. (oh and it even had a STRONK FEMALE LEAD tm and BLACK PIPOL before it became mandatory).

And the soundtrack is one of the greatest soundtracks ever written.

Thus, a super important aspect to this game, for me, is that I kinda get to "live" that awesome movie I've seen more than a hundred times as a teenager.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

This sounds like how DISHONERED 1/2 handles their maps: large maps that you can explore but not connected to other play areas. Is that about right?

. . .to continue the DH comparison, seems like game time is similar in that the game is about as long or as short as you want it to be in terms of exploration (DH2 is listed as 12 hours on HLTB which seems insanely short from my experience with the game) and "perfecting" your gameplay approach.

Can't get into the game now (way too much available) but wishlisted for when things settle down gameplay wise.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
This sounds like how DISHONERED 1/2 handles their maps: large maps that you can explore but not connected to other play areas. Is that about right?
Not sure my man, I haven't played Dh 2 or this game at all. I watched a few reviews for this one tho, and people seem to see it as a kinda janky, but still pretty fun game.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Feels pretty similar in that regard, at least early on. Small hub, that is changing, from where you venture out to a mission and come back after. Of course Dishonored gives you more variety but the progression through missions is similar.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

And i finished the campaign.

Really got to thank Drizzlehell Drizzlehell and Salmon Snake Salmon Snake for talking me into this since it turned out to be a pretty exciting experience to play through the game. I loved how they switched up to "semi" open world aspect with some set pieces in between and the final mission was just epic. Got some Metro vibes from the shelter. The setting itself together with the atmosphere really did outshine the minor flaws. Tomorrow i will dive into the Infiltrator Mode and get the two remaining trophies. And then i might pick up the Annihilation Line DLC.

Now i will dim the lights and set up some candles to talk my girlfriend into watching a Terminator movie with me. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

51778781197_30011de8ac_o.png

51778781192_3b55f3d505_o.png

51780241424_cb9d121bf3_o.png

51779848763_2b20f0148f_o.png

Now i will dim the lights and set up some candles to talk my girlfriend into watching a Terminator movie with me.

That's awesome and hopefully your scheme works out 🤜🏻

The infiltration mode is fun for a night or two but it doesn't offer a lot more than that. Still really nice addition to the game.

I've probably replayed the final scene 4-5 times, it's just epic.
Also the games' version of the Terminator theme is my favorite.

Con-Z-epT

That's awesome and hopefully your scheme works out 🤜🏻

The infiltration mode is fun for a night or two but it doesn't offer a lot more than that. Still really nice addition to the game.

I've probably replayed the final scene 4-5 times, it's just epic.
Also the games' version of the Terminator theme is my favorite.
It didn't... :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Curious to what it is all about since i heard you play as a Terminator?

Sound in general whether it is music or effects are definitely a strong point of the game.

Did you tried the Annihilation Line DLC? Looks like a run through set pieces. I feel the urge for more since the main game wasn't all to long.

It didn't... :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Noooo! Well it's not the most typical movie for couples or for women..

Curious to what it is all about since i heard you play as a Terminator?
Yeah it's awesome for the first few runs and it's the game mode I've always wanted. It's authentic as fuck, like the main game.

Sound in general whether it is music or effects are definitely a strong point of the game.
Definitely my brother!

Did you tried the Annihilation Line DLC? Looks like a run through set pieces. I feel the urge for more since the main game wasn't all to long.
I still haven't bought the dlc because theres just too much to play at the moment. You should buy it full price just to support the devs for creating this love letter for Terminator.

Con-Z-epT

Noooo! Well it's not the most typical movie for couples or for women..
Exactly what she said! :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yeah it's awesome for the first few runs and it's the game mode I've always wanted. It's authentic as fuck, like the main game.
Just finished my first run. Fucking awesome!
Definitely my brother!
Amen!
I still haven't bought the dlc because theres just too much to play at the moment. You should buy it full price just to support the devs for creating this love letter for Terminator.
Will dive in tomorrow.

Lone Wolf

Choices you make change some outcomes, such as if certain people live or die. A few other small things as well.

I really enjoyed the original game, but I played it on Xbox, and they are not releasing any of the DLC on it. I don’t want to buy the game twice. I’ll hold out for a while.

Con-Z-epT

And now i also finished the DLC. Liked the story arc even more than the base game since it appeared a bit more serious. Turned off the HUD completely for full immersion. The final mission wasn't that good but the rest was very appealing visually.

Now i need more! :messenger_beaming:

51783111741_0ba50e3309_o.png

51783745959_54d226cece_o.png

51783745924_b4527378a8_o.png

51783745934_e68284ae2a_o.png

Drizzlehell

Banned
And i finished the campaign.

Really got to thank Drizzlehell Drizzlehell and Salmon Snake Salmon Snake for talking me into this since it turned out to be a pretty exciting experience to play through the game. I loved how they switched up to "semi" open world aspect with some set pieces in between and the final mission was just epic. Got some Metro vibes from the shelter. The setting itself together with the atmosphere really did outshine the minor flaws. Tomorrow i will dive into the Infiltrator Mode and get the two remaining trophies. And then i might pick up the Annihilation Line DLC.

Now i will dim the lights and set up some candles to talk my girlfriend into watching a Terminator movie with me. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

51778781197_30011de8ac_o.png

51778781192_3b55f3d505_o.png

51780241424_cb9d121bf3_o.png

51779848763_2b20f0148f_o.png
NGL, feels pretty gratifying to recommend an underrated game and then see someone actually having a blast with it.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it! I still didn't play the DLC since I've been busy with some other stuff but I'm certainly looking forward to it. I already have it downloaded on my PS5, now I just gotta find some time to dive into it, lol.

Con-Z-epT

NGL, feels pretty gratifying to recommend an underrated game and then see someone actually having a blast with it.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it! I still didn't play the DLC since I've been busy with some other stuff but I'm certainly looking forward to it. I already have it downloaded on my PS5, now I just gotta find some time to dive into it, lol.
Thanks again!

I don't want to port-beg at all. I will say that I find it odd that they don't have plans to do any more with the Xbox version. We reached out to their rep earlier this year re: enhanced and there were no plans to do any additional content to that particular release.

They seem to be nailing the atmosphere though. I'm happy for them!

Zadom

It was reading the comments in this thread that got me to buy the game a couple of days ago. Enjoying it a lot. I like the exploring and shooting gameplay. Not crazy about voice acting of Jacob Rivers, but enjoying the game a lot. Thank you to those who have brought this game to my attention.

ubWqiP4.png

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

I don't want to port-beg at all. I will say that I find it odd that they don't have plans to do any more with the Xbox version. We reached out to their rep earlier this year re: enhanced and there were no plans to do any additional content to that particular release.
So the enhanced version and the DLC are not available on XBOX? Really weird. Why wouldn't they?

Drizzlehell

Banned
So the enhanced version and the DLC are not available on XBOX? Really weird. Why wouldn't they?
Small studio, not enough money/resources, coupled with the lowest sales on that platform... Idk, that would be my guess at least. If they had to cut corners then maybe they figured it would be smarter to free up some of their bandwidth by ditching the platform where the game didn't perform well instead of sacrificing overall quality of the product.

Calverz

They seem to be nailing the atmosphere though. I'm happy for them!

Small studio, not enough money/resources, coupled with the lowest sales on that platform... Idk, that would be my guess at least. If they had to cut corners then maybe they figured it would be smarter to free up some of their bandwidth by ditching the platform where the game didn't perform well instead of sacrificing overall quality of the product.

Basically they reached out to Sony for help directly on adding enhnced features for next gen. Part of that deal was exclusivity. So Xbox won’t get enhanced features unfortunately.

Con-Z-epT

Basically they reached out to Sony for help directly on adding enhnced features for next gen. Part of that deal was exclusivity. So Xbox won’t get enhanced features unfortunately.
If true that's sad. Everybody should be able to play it. Seems a bit to much, to ask for exclusivity for some graphical advancements.

Calverz

If true that's sad. Everybody should be able to play it. Seems a bit to much, to ask for exclusivity for some graphical advancements.
I think the studio is really really small. So In order to meet the new consoles launch window they needed support and made a deal with Sony directly. It sucks for Xbox owners. Really does. This is why I purchased the ps5 version. I’d have rather played it on Xbox though.

Con-Z-epT

I think the studio is really really small. So In order to meet the new consoles launch window they needed support and made a deal with Sony directly. It sucks for Xbox owners. Really does. This is why I purchased the ps5 version. I’d have rather played it on Xbox though.
Let's hope this is just timed exclusivity.

Top Bottom