• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator Resistance on PS5 - Limited Run Physical Edition

Is this game any good? The Metacritic score for the PS4 is a whooping 47. Now I don't live and die by Metacritic scores. But a 47 from game critics is atrocious at best.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Limited is the audience, this is hilarious, I guess any game can get this treatment. I'll wait for Genital Jousting, although that one might be a little hard.

xrnzaaas

Is this game any good? The Metacritic score for the PS4 is a whooping 47. Now I don't live and die by Metacritic scores. But a 47 from game critics are atrocious at best.
Depends what you expect from it. If you love the franchise, then you'll appreciate little things like the music, the sounds, the aesthetic, the Skynet run postapocalyptic world and the Terminator models. If you just want a good quality shooter, then you may end up disappointed with the budget limitations.

The game's way better than Terminator Salvation from the 360/PS3 era and since the franchise didn't get any other games in the last decade or so it's hard to be picky.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Can someone out there make a decent terminator game?

The fan deserve better than this

I dont even understand why they bother porting this game to ps5

This is a huge franchise

Sad to see a legendary ip went out like this

Last edited:

Cravis

I really enjoyed this. Looking forward to double dipping digitally for the PS5 next gen version. Played through it On X Box One. Easily the best thing to come out of the Terminator franchise since T2. Not a high bar, I know, but as a fan of the films it nails it.

Is this game any good? The Metacritic score for the PS4 is a whooping 47. Now I don't live and die by Metacritic scores. But a 47 from game critics are atrocious at best.

I didn't play it, but I saw and heard from a fair few people on PC who liked it. No clue about the console version, tho.

Last edited:
Can someone out there make a decent terminator game?

The fan deserve better than this

I dont even understand why they bother porting this game to ps5

This is a huge franchise

Sad to see a legendary ip went out like this
Have you played the game? It's actually good and faithful to the source material. Should probably only be played on PS5/PC though.

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised that the special edition is only $10 more. Seeing some of their past ones where they really jack up the price made me think it would be higher. Maybe because it isn't a numbered title and rather just a distributor project.

sn0man

Depends what you expect from it. If you love the franchise, then you'll appreciate little things like the music, the sounds, the aesthetic, the Skynet run postapocalyptic world and the Terminator models. If you just want a good quality shooter, then you may end up disappointed with the budget limitations.

The game's way better than Terminator Salvation from the 360/PS3 era and since the franchise didn't get any other games in the last decade or so it's hard to be picky.
That’s the shame / truth of it all. Certain franchises would lend themselves to a gaming franchise so well. Robots from the future battling humanity. Sprinkle in some lore and stuff. Kinda like the delicious AVP:Gold we got way back in the day.

Madflavor

Yeah explain this shit to me Gaf. I'm a big fan of Terminator (as in just the first two movies), but the game got pooped on by critics. However it has good reviews from users. So what's the deal? Is it an actual good game? Is it linear or open world?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Yeah explain this shit to me Gaf. I'm a big fan of Terminator (as in just the first two movies), but the game got pooped on by critics. However it has good reviews from users. So what's the deal? Is it an actual good game? Is it linear or open world?

All I know is 2 of my favorite boomer shooter critics like it

The bottom line consensus seems to be: play if you are a fan. Stay away if you aren't.

VFXVeteran

Banned
It's pretty good. I think it is a little difficult as I didn't finish it. I really loved the atmosphere though. UE game engine.

It's a surprisingly decent game. Seems as tho most of the press were expecting a genre defining AAA experience instead of the decent enough love letter to fans of the first two movies that the game turned out to be

xrnzaaas

I think in this case it's because the critics approached the game without any bias towards the franchise. If you absolutely don't care about the Terminator series, then you won't have too much fun since this is a budget game.

If you love the Terminator series you will have fun despite the game's low budget feel. The main menu theme alone is very atmospheric

and the studio has done a very good job with the limited resources they had. You can literally tell they loved T1 & T2 and wanted to make a game based on the movies and for the fans of the movies.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Good? Yes. Incredible, best, 10/10 experience? No. I blew through it on PC and really enjoyed my time with it since I really like the two Terminator movies. It is definitely the best Terminator game since Future Shock. The main menu theme is pure fire, there is a ton of interesting extra lore, decent characters and story and the final mission is just incredible.

Last edited:

PooBone

Ready for the XSX version now. Best damn Terminator game ever, and the best Terminator anything since T2.
Extra lore is spot on, doesn't over-sci-fi anything.
Use of Brad Fiedel's original score and sound FX.
Gun and enemy accuracy.
The environment looks right out of the T2 intro.
It's not a GREAT game but for fans of the first two movies, it's a must-play.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
I had a blast and will prob replay it on the 5. If you loved the first two movies, you need to play it. I put it right next to Alien Isolation as one of the best games based on an older movie franchise.

And yeah, that soundtrack AND the sound effects...

Top Bottom