• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terra Battle 2 (Mistalker / Silicon Studio) reveal cinematic trailer

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mdqzFt5rSg

Press Release:

Mistwalker's "Terra" Universe Expands - Terra Battle 2 and Terra Wars Coming Soon

HONOLULU - June 21, 2017 - PRLog -- MISTWALKER'S "TERRA" UNIVERSE EXPANDS

Terra Battle 2 and Terra Wars Coming Soon

HONOLULU, HAWAII, June 21st - Mistwalker, a premiere game studio founded by Hironobu Sakaguchi, is thrilled to announce two new games to the "Terra" universe, Terra Battle 2 (iOS, Android, and PC) and Terra Wars (iOS, Android, and PC) to be released later this year.

▼ About TERRA BATTLE 2

Terra Battle 2 brings a completely different game-play experience, while preserving the highly-praised core battle mechanics in a fantastic epic RPG.

The new world map lets players travel alongside their companions and allows for more strategic gameplay as you set up your formation before entering a battle. The countless encounters and farewells throughout the course of your heroes' journey promise to be even more emotional and intense than ever before.

How will the people who live on "Terra" unravel the truths and mysteries of their planet? An epic fantasy RPG awaits you.

● Title: Terra Battle 2
● Platforms: Mobile (iOS, Android) / PC (Windows)
● Price: Free-to-Play (with In-App Purchases)
● Release Date: Summer 2017
● Regions: Japan, North America
● Copyright: ©MISTWALKER/Silicon Studio Corp.
● Developers
 ・ Producer: Hironobu Sakaguchi (Mistwalker)
 ・ Music: Nobuo Uematsu (Dog Ear Records)
 ・ Lead Character Desinger: Kimihiko Fujisaka (Mistwalker)
 ・ Developer: Silicon Studio

To accompany the announcement, Mistwalker also today released an official trailer for the game. https://youtu.be/6mdqzFt5rSg

Websites:

Terra Battle 2: http://www.terrabattle2.com/en/

"Terra World"

This is the inception of a brand new franchise -- Terra World.

Following the success of "Terra Battle" (Terra Battle 1), I have created "Terra Battle 2" and "Terra Wars." While both share the same fundamentals as Terra Battle, they offer re-designed gameplay, and a completely new world and story.

I intend to use a similar numbering structure as my past work: the FINAL FANTASY series. Each installment of the "Terra" franchise will have its disctinct feel, unique from any other.

Yes, I have become old enough that some call me a "legend," of the industry, but I wish to try and remain an active creator. Until the day I retire, I (secretly) wish to expand the "Terra World" and create 9 experiences. (As I have created 9 installments for the Final Fantasy series.)

I will continue work on the original "Terra Battle," with updates that add story and game-play to the world. I thank you for your continued support for "Terra Battle," "Terra Battle 2" and "Terra Wars."

Producer Hironobu Sakaguchi
June 21, 2017

Terra Wars: http://www.terra-wars.com/en/

Terra Wars

bgvisuallhseh.jpg

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Just got the press release. Japan and North America only it seems. Nothing for the european dogs. Well, at least these games are coming to PC, will be a bit harder for Mistwalker to piss on us then.

Some Nobody

I'm never getting over it being mobile, but the first one was decent enough. But I just can't deal with the non-graphics of the first game again. I know TB1 was dumb popular, so hopefully they go a little further this time with models and whatnot.

Visceir

Did some digging around and saw bad quality scans that seemed to show off the gameplay. Guess I'll be waiting until the stream tomorrow when we'll get to see actual gameplay in action but the 2 screenshots definitely left me underwhelmed tbh.

Really want there to be actual 3d models and a world to explore, I guess Brave Exvius has spoiled me in that regard a bit.

Menchi

Whatever happened to the console version of the first? I loved playing up but dropped behind the curve and eventually moved onto Brave Exuvius

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Terra Wars looks so goddamn cool.

Time to give the first game a fourth chance, I guess. For duck.

Terra Wars looks so goddamn cool.
If they're aiming for retro FF7 PSX-style graphics, it looks very nice from that pic.

Did some digging around and saw bad quality scans that seemed to show off the gameplay. Guess I'll be waiting until the stream tomorrow when we'll get to see actual gameplay in action but the 2 screenshots definitely left me underwhelmed tbh.

Really want there to be actual 3d models and a world to explore, I guess Brave Exvius has spoiled me in that regard a bit.
I don't know.
I'm really happy in a way they kept the basic 2d gameplay.

As for the fluff in-between (overworld + towns), we'll see with stream.
I have a feeling Terra Wars might be the game with those features though.

saturnine

I don't know who's responsible for that song in the TB2 trailer, but it's really fucking great. Makes me wish more games sounded like late 70's bands.

As for the games, it's all mobile anyway right?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't know who's responsible for that song in the TB2 trailer, but it's really fucking great. Makes me wish more games sounded like late 70's bands.

As for the games, it's all mobile anyway right?

Uematsu is doing the music for Terra Battle 2.

anaron

Holy shit, gorgeous. They translated Fujisaka's designs perfectly

Terra Battle anime in this style asap please

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I added the press release to the OP, which confirms Terra Wars is also for mobile, and coming this year.

Mistwalker's "Terra" Universe Expands - Terra Battle 2 and Terra Wars Coming Soon

HONOLULU - June 21, 2017 - PRLog -- MISTWALKER'S "TERRA" UNIVERSE EXPANDS

Terra Battle 2 and Terra Wars Coming Soon

HONOLULU, HAWAII, June 21st - Mistwalker, a premiere game studio founded by Hironobu Sakaguchi, is thrilled to announce two new games to the "Terra" universe, Terra Battle 2 (iOS, Android, and PC) and Terra Wars (iOS, Android, and PC) to be released later this year.

▼ About TERRA BATTLE 2

Terra Battle 2 brings a completely different game-play experience, while preserving the highly-praised core battle mechanics in a fantastic epic RPG.

The new world map lets players travel alongside their companions and allows for more strategic gameplay as you set up your formation before entering a battle. The countless encounters and farewells throughout the course of your heroes' journey promise to be even more emotional and intense than ever before.

How will the people who live on "Terra" unravel the truths and mysteries of their planet? An epic fantasy RPG awaits you.

● Title: Terra Battle 2
● Platforms: Mobile (iOS, Android) / PC (Windows)
● Price: Free-to-Play (with In-App Purchases)
● Release Date: Summer 2017
● Regions: Japan, North America
● Copyright: ©MISTWALKER/Silicon Studio Corp.
● Developers
 ・ Producer: Hironobu Sakaguchi (Mistwalker)
 ・ Music: Nobuo Uematsu (Dog Ear Records)
 ・ Lead Character Desinger: Kimihiko Fujisaka (Mistwalker)
 ・ Developer: Silicon Studio

To accompany the announcement, Mistwalker also today released an official trailer for the game. https://youtu.be/6mdqzFt5rSg

Visceir

Need... gameplay... footage.... tomorrow.......

That's not even a new song. It's recycled from Terra Battle and it's ancient lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlYffoA6IDg

I guess the upside to people barely tuning into their streams is that no one has experienced how badly into the ground they've run this song, lol.

Tomorrow is just the famitsu's stream, right? Might just be getting a short demo. They'll also have their own stream on the 24th it seems, should def be getting more in depth info by then.

Baliis

I really, really hope Terra Wars is actually going for that stop-motion, plastic figure look.

I think it was described elsewhere as claymation, so could be neat. I like how it looks anyways.

Sunk a ton of time into Terra Battle and it's by far my favorite mobile game so excited to see what they do next. Still need to finish off the last super bosses though

duckroll

Can't believe that by the end of this year, I'll be playing 3 Terra Battle games. It's the gift that keeps giving. Omg.

wrowa

Pleasantly surprised they are planning yet again an international release. Considering that most gacha games don't really seem to put any importance to western markets, it's cool to see that Mistwalker still bothers. Trailer looks nice as well, but I need gameplay. I'm really curious to see how it evolves TB's formula.

Terra Wars' art style looks nice as well and while I'm not bothered that it's on mobile, I can understand anyone who's frustrated by Sakaguchi having used a console version of Terra Battle as an incentive for people to download TB and yet never delivered on it.

Also, Terra is probably the most generic name for a world imagineable. Come on.

Baliis

They look like little action figures on a tabletop landscape. That's a really neat idea.

Makes me wish they'd done figures for anyone other than Samatha and Yukken. I'd have bought a bitchin S'naip Bahl Ma'curi set on a heart beat

anaron

Pleasantly surprised they are planning yet again an international release. Considering that most gacha games don't really seem to put any importance to western markets, it's cool to see that Mistwalker still bothers. Trailer looks nice as well, but I need gameplay. I'm really curious to see how it evolves TB's formula.

Terra Wars' art style looks nice as well and while I'm not bothered that it's on mobile, I can understand anyone who's frustrated by Sakaguchi having used a console version of Terra Battle as an incentive for people to download TB and yet never delivered on it.

Also, Terra is probably the most generic name for a world imagineable. Come on.
The goal is still to have a console game AFAIK

duckroll

Saw the scans for TB2. It looks really interesting. The game is definitely a sequel to TB and uses the same battle system, but there's an expanded world map system where the single screen grid-map battles from TB are now part of a much larger interconnected map. So basically the interface is the same as TB's battles, but now when you move next to enemy groups that space is isolated into a battle zone. Or... something.

Visceir

Yea, will obviously still play it but I'm slightly bummed they didn't manage to make an actual explorable world and character models happen. Would have gone a long way to grow fan's attachement for the world, characters and franchise.

Izayoi

Banned
I gave up on the original after re-rolling two dozen times and getting frustrated. Can't wait to do it all over again!

wrowa

Well, that looks like Terra Battle alright. I'm kinda underwhelmed to be honest. The battle screen looks almost identical to the first game's, I expected a bit more progress there. That new world map could be interesting, though, even if it's rather ugly to look at.

Well, it's still really low-budget, I assume. I expected a bit more after hearing Silicon Studio is involved, but well. But I'm not getting my hopes up now that Terra Wars will look anything like that teaser picture. :D

Ah, no Europe, second time I'm disappointed by mobile releases this year T-T
(First is Fate Grand Order)

Oh. Bummer.

OldMuffin

So that means Australia probably misses out as well and I just recently watched the anime movie which pretty much sets up the setting for the game.... I know port begging is not allowed here but what about local release begging is that allowed? Cause it feels like a large portion of the few mobile games I'm interested in, never release in the land down under! :(

Visceir

I just used Qooapp to get the first game...and since it'll be on PC it'll probably be easily accessible either way. Although I can't imagine playing that combat system with a mouse, lol.

Pretty excited for new story honestly.
Playing through Chapters 1-30 of Terra Battle launch was one of the most enjoying mobile experience I've had.

Characters will probably be more important to story since they can't be pulled from gacha.

Byvar

Such a great trailer. I'm already more interested in this story more than I was in Terra Battle's, thanks to the focus on characters. It's too bad though that judging from those screenshots, the gameplay still looks like a board game. Even with exploration this is not what I want to play as this just doesn't show the world at all.

Terra Wars looks very interesting in that aspect though - looking forward to hear more about that game.

Top Bottom