• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terror in Resonance |OT| Bebop/Champloo director takes on 24 and Sherlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

tensuke

Finally got around to seeing the ending. I liked it. Five was kind of out-of-place in the story, but otherwise I enjoyed the show for what it was. I loved the nod to Icelandic music at the end (Arnór Dan doing the vocals on some of the OST tracks). In fact, despite the OST being heavily influenced by Icelandic music (and there being a track called von which always showed up next to the Sigur Ros track of the same name), I never connected 'Von' to the Icelandic Von. I thought it would mean something else, but overall, I liked what they did.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the cookie crumbles. ��

The show seemed promising enough, but once Five was introduced and the characters stopped being developed the series suffered from any kind of progression.

They spent too much trying to have that chess game with Five for there to be any time given to the stories of the children at the orphanage. The gravity of the situation wasn't as strong because all the back story was through Shibazaki's short investigation that took place in one or two episodes.

Overall, this was a mess.
I share your sentiments, the show just nosedived with her. They didn't know what they were doing at that point, it's a real shame on that front.

Wonderful soundtrack though and I really love the vocals of the ending theme.

Cikay

This was directed by Watanabe ? The Watanabe of Cowboy Bebop fame ?

No it must have been a mistake. Surely we're talking about the Watanabe that wrote FFXIII... right ? RIGHT ?!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
OST 2 is out with more Yoko Kanno goodness, including the full version of Dove to Kobune to Bokura no Shinwa (the Trigger single only had the short version).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom