• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Testing footage of 1:1 scale Gundam statue that can walk

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
mudda fucka that ain't walking

still cool tho

You're gonna make me pop your fucking eyes out for Charlie M?

Lol. On topic: Dude... Japan is not fucking around. I bet either them or South Korea will produce the first Gundam/EVA. I plan to hijack that shit after acquiring the leaked plans/manuals through the dark web.

jadedm17

I'm curious the real thoughts of those involved, like how much schooling and education did they get and what were there expectations for their career path? :pie_thinking:
I'm not hating, just amused at the thought of when they found out they're building a giant toy.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
I'm curious the real thoughts of those involved, like how much schooling and education did they get and what were there expectations for their career path? :pie_thinking:
I'm not hating, just amused at the thought of when they found out they're building a giant toy.

This is being built by Bandai as a replacement for their 1:1 scale model. It was supposed to be part of the Olympics opening ceremony. This isn't some amateurs making it.

The static Gundam Statue in Tokyo is pretty popular with both the Japanese and tourists. So why not?

9de7bf4fb23ed3d426543b2ebdd0e4af.jpg

Last edited:

K1Expwy

Yokohama was a laid back city for jazz, dining, cruises, baseball, Chinatown, and historical+modern landmarks (and Wangan Midnight irl). A giant anime statue clashes with the rest of the city. It looks really cool though

nush

American incels - Talk shit about women on the internet
Japanese Incels - Fuck it, let's build a giant robot.

clem84

Gold Member
hmm... it only simulates walking, and very slowly too. I guess a real gundam walking and flying around is a long ways off. :(

The Gundam franchise is to Japan what Star Wars is to us. It's so big you may not have watched it but you know of it though other media (commercials, etc).
If anything, they probably got a kick out of doing it and being paid for it.

You're gonna make me pop your fucking eyes out for Charlie M?

Lol. On topic: Dude... Japan is not fucking around. I bet either them or South Korea will produce the first Gundam/EVA. I plan to hijack that shit after acquiring the leaked plans/manuals through the dark web.

Gundamjacking is a time honored tradition. Remember to wear a Feddie uniform.

And here's to your training:

Last edited:

Pejo

I've been playing QWOP for 12 years in anticipation of piloting this bad boy. Give me a shot, Nippon.

Top Bottom