• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura Expects New Kingdom Hearts Announcement Soon

Ponn

Banned
I really enjoyed BBS, unlike the other portable KH titles it didn't feel like a sidestory with only a slight reveal into the overall plot. Still it's beyond time for a true KH 3 to wrap this thing up. And enough with consoles, at this point the series being all over the place console wise makes this screwed up but it NEEDS to be on a home console. PS3 or Wii-U would be great choices. I really want to see what a HD KH would look like.

Doesn't KH:3DS have some sort of secret message at the end that seems to strongly imply an HD collection? Something about going back to the beginning of the story but in unprecedented high definition or something like that.

What I expect at E3 is a live demo of Versus at Sony's conference, then when the demo is done, the lights dim and then a KHIII trailer begins......

lol that isn't going to happen.......until E3 2015

Doesn't KH:3DS have some sort of secret message at the end that seems to strongly imply an HD collection? Something about going back to the beginning of the story but in unprecedented high definition or something like that.

Yeah, I don't remember the exact message offhand, but it did say something about the past being re-awakened in never before seen detail or something. It's the usual Nomura vagueness™, but I can't think of anything else it could be aside from an HD collection.

raven777

What I expect at E3 is a live demo of Versus at Sony's conference, then when the demo is done, the lights dim and then a KHIII trailer begins......

lol that isn't going to happen.......until E3 2015

That would be the best E3 for me...

but yea, you are probably right

Gameboy415

Hopefully we'll get a Kingdom Hearts HD Collection (with the Final Mixes of 1, 2, and BBS) to be followed shortly by Kingdom Hearts 3 on PS3 with a spin-off/sequel game on Wii U/other next gen consoles.

In reality, we'll probably get a dancing game for Kinect, an iOS "spot the difference" game, and a Facebook text adventure. *sigh*

Either way, I'm still excited for Kingdom Hearts 3D and I'll probably buy whatever spin-offs do end up coming out in the future, regardless of quality, haha.

Mega ughs at literally everyone talking about which specific platform they want KH3 to be on. Gimme a break. It'll be PS360 like literally everything else.

CorvoSol

Can't decide if Nomura's constant teasing of possible alleged announcements is a sign that he is the only person left in Square who still cares or if he's the sickest and most twisted of the bunch, bar Toriyama.

Either way, teasing an announcement is salt in the wound today.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Mega ughs at literally everyone talking about which specific platform they want KH3 to be on. Gimme a break. It'll be PS360 like literally everything else.

I kind of feel there's a serious question of whether it will make it out while the 360/PS3 are still relevant.

Let's say Versus makes Q1 2013, do people expect KH3 to take less than two years to make?

If not, that puts us at, bare minimum, Q1 2015.

I kind of feel there's a serious question of whether it will make it out while the 360/PS3 are still relevant.

Let's say Versus makes Q1 2013, do people expect KH3 to take less than two years to make?

I think the likelihood is that the Osaka team will end up making KH3, honestly.

But yeah, the point is that it's not going to be exclusive to a single console and it's embarrassing and childish for people to hope that it will be.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't think KH3 is going to make this generation at all... actually... I'm really doubting Versus XIII will either!

ZenaxPure

Agreed, I fully expect KH3 to be SE's first next gen console game unless they pull something random like TLR and make a new IP.

I'd say I expect it to be on all 3 consoles as well but who knows with Nomura.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Yup... It's laughable at the time gap between KH1 and KH2 incomparison to KH2 to KH3.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Pushing the game to next gen would be silly at this point, because that would be even MORE money spent on the game.

Well... the KH3 team is basically working on versus so it can't really be helped. They can't go into production until Versus is finished. Man... I feel sorry for the guys working on Versus. I'd imagine it'd be stressful to work on a game for that long.

Agreed, I fully expect KH3 to be SE's first next gen console game unless they pull something random like TLR and make a new IP.

I'd say I expect it to be on all 3 consoles as well but who knows with Nomura.

WiiU will probably get a spin off that makes use of the tablet, PS3/4 will get KH3, and Nomura will forget the 360/Nextbox exist

Mario007

Well... the KH3 team is basically working on versus so it can't really be helped. They can't go into production until Versus is finished. Man... I feel sorry for the guys working on Versus. I'd imagine it'd be stressful to work on a game for that long.

Well Osaka has proven themselves more than worthy of being the new KH team. They could start working on the next console KH game. By the sounds of it (with BBS2 and KH3DFM not actually happening) they very well may be.

Famassu

You guys missed the most important thing (especially when the secret ending is always kind of an announcement of a new game):

"The series producer also mentions that he wishes to see Pixar films in the Kingdom Hearts series. "

You guys missed the most important thing (especially when the secret ending is always kind of an announcement of a new game):

"The series producer also mentions that he wishes to see Pixar films in the Kingdom Hearts series. "

I think they wanted a Toy Story world in KH2, but there was that Disney/Pixar split for a while there.

HD collection or new handheld game for Vita I'd imagine. I kinda hope they push kh3 for PS4 and Nextbox rather than release it on PS3/360 in 2015 or something.

DJIzana

I don't think KH3 is going to make this generation at all... actually... I'm really doubting Versus XIII will either!

They'll change Versus XIII to PS4, try to promote the game by saying it's being made fully with their new Luminous engine, rather than just the lighting system, I bet. :p

volpone

Banned
Multiple projects ey?

I'm gonna hazard a guess that the Osaka Team are working on a HD collection in order to remind console owners that the series exists. Hopefully with the Final Mix content localised as well.

A lot of ex-Jupiter staff work in this team as well? TWEWY sequel finally greenlighted methinks.

And of course - there is no one working on Versus as usual.

Mario007

They'll change Versus XIII to PS4, try to promote the game by saying it's being made fully with their new Luminous engine, rather than just the lighting system, I bet. :p

Versus is in full SE production for about half a year, with years of pre-production. Most SE games that have been stuck in this kind of limbo usually need only one or one and a half years of full production to come out. (e.g. Type-0, FF XIII)

Mario007

Multiple projects ey?

I'm gonna hazard a guess that the Osaka Team are working on a HD collection in order to remind console owners that the series exists. Hopefully with the Final Mix content localised as well.

A lot of ex-Jupiter staff work in this team as well? TWEWY sequel finally greenlighted methinks.

And of course - there is no one working on Versus as usual.

Is that Jupiter staff thing true or just your assumption?

Also Tokyo is working on Versus.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
2002 - Kingdom Hearts
2004 - Chain of Memories
2006 - Kingdom Hearts II
2007 - Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
2008 - Coded
2009 - BBS
2010 - 358/2 Days
2011 - Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
2012 - 3D
2013 - Kingdom Hearts 1 HD
2014 - Kingdom Hearts iOS
2015 - Kingdom Hearts 2 HD
2016 - BBS HD
2017 - iOS 2
2018 - BBS 2
2019 - Kingdom Hearts 3....Z!

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
A new title? Maybe this time they could try a worldwide launch again for it. It'll be mostly appreciated. There would be some chances for it to be KH3 in case we were speaking of a normal publisher able to make use of every team, but this is Square Enix we're talking about so it's probably going to be some minor title again, maybe worse something for Mobage or iOS. If it's indeed KH3 set for end of 2013... gratz.

Aru

Is there any chance that SE Osaka would make KH3 instead of the KH2 team ? Nomura would still be the director (without a co-director) even if he's busy with Versus XIII ?

I just checked on Wikipedia and Nomura was the main director of more KH games that I thought.

I wonder if they'd change the art direction if they made a game for the Vita. Going towards their cgi look seems like the natural progression.

Mario007

I wonder if they'd change the art direction if they made a game for the Vita. Going towards their cgi look seems like the natural progression.

i kinda think thats the reason why kh is staying on platforms like psp and 3ds after ps2...the graphical power of those machines is pretty much the same so they dont have to worry about the art direction changing.

Aside from the obligatory Versus
And FFVIIremake
concerns, are we really at a point now where we entertain the idea of sequels to spin-offs as if they're not a totally ridiculous proposition?

Don't get me wrong, I'll probably more or less enjoy most of the upcoming KH games, but we got a crazy amount of spin-offs for it as it is, and now we're talking direct sequels to them? I think we should have had KHIII proper a while ago!

Top Bottom