• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura Expects New Kingdom Hearts Announcement Soon

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
http://andriasang.com/con0vm/nomura_kh_announce/

The Kingdom Hearts 3D Ultimania guide book is out today, and it has the expected interview with series mastermind Tetsuya Nomura.

A brief summary at FF Reunion reveals that the interview contains a teaser for the next entry (or entries) in the KH series. Nomura says that they've started making a variety of movements for the new title(s) in the series. He believes they'll be able to make an announcement pretty soon.

--Does the "Secret Message Unlocked" in KH3D hint at KHIII?

Nomura: About that, I'll leave it to your imagination. Well, you'll get the answer for that later.

--KH3D FM?

Nomura: Maybe in a few years, but no plans for it right now. The Osaka team is really busy. \(^o^)/

--Is BbS Volume 2 = BbS2?

Nomura: I used "A Fragmentary Passage" without regard to its context. What I mean is, there's a story for Volume Two, without using that scene. I can't say there isn't a possibility of making it, but there are no plans for it right now.

--The Mysterious KH = 3D?

We interrupted titles in 3D, and we haven't reopened that discussion yet.

Osaka team has multiple titles in development. No plans for a Final Mix version of KH3D.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Please be 3.

Tucah

you speak so well
And Nomura has also said that the next game finishes off the Xenohart storyline (aka is KH3), correct?

HYPE

EDIT: Oh yeah BBS Vol 2. Slightly less hype but a sequel to the best game in the series is still hype worthy!

What everyone wants, Kingdom Hearts 3 on PS3, 360, and Wii U.

What we'll get, Kingdom Hearts Card Battle 4 Billion Days Divided by 3476 Extreme Remix on iOS.

I haven't played it yet but doesn't Dream Drop Distance set-up KHIII?

I mean more so than the other ones have set-up KHIII. :p

Shamdeo

He says that since BBS's story is "cut" there is the possibility of continuing Birth by Sleep's story.

But there are currently no plans.

So...

But Nomura said they wouldn't start working on KH3 until Versus is done....so...is Versus done?

Thread should be titled "Versus is finished but SE won't release because they like to make fans squirm"

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I thought Nomura said 3D would be the last spin-off and the next game would be KH3. I guess I was wrong...

DJIzana

"I'm not mad... I'm just disappointed."

Perfect quote for me right now... you know it's worse when you're more disappointed than mad. It's good for KH fans but yeah, they need to prioritize their projects here & bring out Versus XIII.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Flingthem Hearts : Sales Drop Decission

This one is a platform jumper - not sure which platform it's jumping to though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If KHIII comes to 360, which I'd think is probable, maybe I'll check it out to see what the deal is. Was never fortunate enough to have a PS2 but all my friends love the series.

But Nomura said they wouldn't start working on KH3 until Versus is done....so...is Versus done?

Thread should be titled "Versus is finished but SE won't release because they like to make fans squirm"

The good thing is that Versus already pretty much is Kingdom heart's combat system so the framework is already there. Should only take them 3 or 4 years.

And I have no Idea how BBS volume II or whatever will work. What I really want is an inconsequential spin off that retells the story of Kingdom hearts 1.

Top Bottom