• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tetsuya Nomura (FF VersusXIII, Kingdom Hearts III, FFVII Remake) is on Xenoblade 2

Heartfyre

The thread title seems a bit much when his involvement probably goes no further than drawing a sketch on a napkin at a party.

DKHF

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/877408864886431744

Ira/Torna is an organisation not a single character. These two were designed by Nomura:

DC0upJIUMAE6vUR.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Those two are arguably the best looking characters in the trailer.
Are they? I liked that character with the flower best. Don't remember anyone saying they liked the second character before now.

Definitely thought that guy with the mask was his though.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Those guys stood out to me in the trailer. Now I know why.

They look like they're from a different series than Krillin-man and Sword-girl. Not that that's a bad thing, they look way better.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What, you don't like hotpants boy and titty monster?

lol_wut.jpg

Being serious for a second, glad to see Nomura brought some class designs to this game. Everything else in it that i have seen so far in terms of character design is just...wtf

Oh I actually like that second Nomura design. That's surprising. Usually I see his work and break out into hives.

I mean, not that he'd be dragging the overall quality of the designs down anyway though. The two main character designs are... yeah...

Inuhanyou

Oh I actually like that second Nomura design. That's surprising. Usually I see his work and break out into hives.

I mean, not that he'd be dragging the overall quality of the designs down anyway though. The two main character designs are... yeah...

For as many weird designs as he's made, he's made just as many objectively excellent ones too, atleast IMO.

Aters

We've only seen the upper half of the portrait though. For all we know, they could be wearing pants of different length, high-heel boots or skirt made of belts.

For as many weird designs as he's made, he's made just as many objectively excellent ones too, atleast IMO.

I was mostly just poking fun at him. His more "out there" designs are really out there, especially his early 2000s work. He's made plenty of designs that I actually do dig quite a bit. Lightning being one of them, tbh.

Mister Wolf

So did he call in sick or use his vacation days to go hang out at Monolith Soft with his friend and play Nintendo games before they release.

Opa-Pa

I was ready to shit on the guy but turns out the only character that don't look terrible to me so far are the ones designed by him? Welp, I don't know what to say.

And lmao at the title haha.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Multiple people have used him as an example of good/sensible design whenever people have argued about the character designs

Oh ok, I haven't see it for him.

I've seen people like this guy:
1e8aaSh.gif

Or the Nopon character.

I was talking about preferring this character:
to him. Though that character could also be from Nomura.

Wouldn't be surprised if the eyepatch character is also Nomura's, though it probably wouldn't be revealed for story reasons since he's a party member.

Inuhanyou

I still don't get why they didn't just bring back the guy who designed the original game...

i mean if this is xenoblade 2, should it not atleast have some basic connection to what people liked about the original in these ways? I can tell you a good strength of that game was its aesthetic

It was anime styled obviously, but it didn't go anywhere near the cringe factor

Aters

We can see most of the dark-haired guy in the trailer when he's fighting Rex.

j5zxX6Z.png

His back:

Ahh, keep the high-heel boot dream alive!

I still don't get why they didn't just bring back the guy who designed the original game...

i mean if this is xenoblade 2, should it not atleast have some basic connection to what people liked about the original in these ways? I can tell you a good strength of that game was its aesthetic

You mean character design? I don't think people are very fond of the character design in XB. Not terrible per se, just not very memorable.

Lelou

I really like this 2 character design!
But on the other hand i really don't get why we still have this kind of bland vanilla main characters..

You should look up the pre-release threads for Xenoblade.

Top Bottom