• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas Showdown Championships 2012 | Fighting game tournament | April 6-8

The stringing along and missing top 8? Sure.

But those quotes were from before the whole top 8 thing happened. As soon as MK9 happened, it hit the fan. Not to mention he was never supposed to be streaming the Capcom stuff, it was supposed to be PlanetZero.

I don't know about the thousands of stream monsters, but I don't think most people in this thread were aware of that. Besides that the other stream was dead almost the entire weekend so people were even more confused. I guess some(like myself) thought the only one running would try to show every game. I don't know, but whatever those issues were, they weren't the focus of this thread when the tournament ended. People are just upset that the tournament ran so poorly and this is Texas's only Road to EVO event. The stream sucked but it's a free service and I think the more level headed folks of this thread can see that and not make it the main issue when they had bigger problems.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
As far as Marvel going unshown/getting finished early, this is how I understand it.

One of the regulars at my store made top 32 for Marvel, so he came back on Saturday thinking it would start mid-afternoon. At one point he came up to my room looking for a converter because he plays PS3 pad and the Marvel stuff was 360 I believe. So.... we don't see him again all day. Finally he comes back up and tells me that him and bunch of the other players were outside bitching A LOT about how the tournament was being run, and how they kept pushing back Marvel. Kensou was outside at the time and overheard, and decided right then to just do the rest of the Marvel bracket right then and there on the side. Again, that is just what I heard.

I really wish I could have helped TXSD directly. One of my guys was running SC 5 and I had my streaming PC AND my clear wireless connection upstairs but I had like multiple thousands of dollars worth of product in our game room. Not about to leave that shit up there lol

sleepykyo

I don't know about the thousands of stream monsters, but I don't think most people in this thread were aware of that. Besides that the other stream was dead almost the entire weekend so people were even more confused. I guess some(like myself) thought the only one running would try to show every game.

The original op listed Planet Zero as the primary stream.

I don't know, but whatever those issues were, they weren't the focus of this thread when the tournament ended. People are just upset that the tournament ran so poorly and this is Texas's only Road to EVO event. The stream sucked but it's a free service and I think the more level headed folks of this thread can see that and not make it the main issue when they had bigger problems.

Agreed. Not sure how it's relevant to the current sub-discussion though as the last 8 post have been about what was streamed and how that was handled.

rCIZZLE

The stringing along and missing top 8? Sure.

But those quotes were from before the whole top 8 thing happened. As soon as MK9 happened, it hit the fan. Not to mention he was never supposed to be streaming the Capcom stuff, it was supposed to be PlanetZero.

"Why is mk9 on main stream?"

I think I posted that because someone on the mic said KOF or Marvel was starting, up next, or some variant of that. I took that to mean it was on stream next since that's typically how it works... then I see that they're playing out the top 16/32 but put MK9 on. It all goes back to them not giving an updated schedule or saying what games would not be on stream.

Technically they were just streaming what they said they would on that one but I feel when a stream goes down, the new one is the main stream and they should be treating it like the main one.

Agreed. Not sure how it's relevant to the current sub-discussion though as the last 8 post have been about what was streamed and how that was handled.

People are only discussing it now because someone decided to single out Kensou's remark about the upset stream monsters. If not for that, we wouldn't even be talking about the stream.

Doomshine

Are you guys forgetting that Spooky had to tell complainers to pretty much shut the fuck up at Final Round too? That tournament didn't have anywhere near the amount of problems Texas Showdown had.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are you guys forgetting that Spooky had to tell complainers to pretty much shut the fuck up at Final Round too? That tournament didn't have anywhere near the amount of problems Texas Showdown had.
Sp00ky doesn't really do rants though. Though even he gets upset at stream monsters sometimes too.

y2dvd

These are from PZ John, the owner of PZ. He was busy with Anime Matsuri the entire weekend, I would assume.

This tournanment failed because of lack of organization and not enough help. Simple.

Not really the thing to say to defend yourself because that's what most is agreeing upon lol. This is what a bad reputation will do. Have a bad one and no one wants to help or be associated with you.

Kensou is a personal friend of mines and he's not a bad guy. He just lets his affiliation with PZ do him in. He just needs to break away from them.

Also people should stop trying to associate this Texas Showdown with previous ones. The only thing they have in common is their name. The tournament was never ran in an anime convention where it played second fiddle, and it was never primarily sponsored by Planet Zero. This is NOT Texas Showdown.

Also I didn't read Kensou's essay, but the fact that he had to put one out there tells you all you need to know about how well the tourney ran. Big props to him though for manning up, admitting the tourney was bad, and apologizing.

Top Bottom