• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFF Curtain Call: new tracks coming out this week (March 18/19), incl. 2 free tracks

L~A

Looks like some more songs coming to TFF Curtain Call this week. Again, this is from Nintendo's weekly DL PR in Europe, but NA and Japan are guaranteed to get the same songs this week.

THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Meridian Child FMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Corridors of Time FMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Boss Battle 2 BMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Real Emotion BMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Devil Lord Confrontation II BMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40*
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Struggle to the Death BMS Song Data €0.99 / £0.89 / CHF 1.40*
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River FMS Song
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy Curtain Call™: Shadowlord BMS Song Data

* free until April 1st

BMS
Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion
Final Fantasy Legend II - Struggle to the Death
NieR - Shadowlord
Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2
Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation II

FMS
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Meridian Child
Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time
Live A Live - Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River

The free songs are free until April 1st.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Best song here is free (aka Shadowlord)!

L~A

(Cross-post from the CC thread)

DLC for 19th March

BMS
Final Fantasy X-2 - Real Emotion
Final Fantasy Legend II - Struggle to the Death
NieR - Shadowlord
Chrono Trigger - Boss Battle 2
Romancing SaGa 3 - Devil Lord Confrontation II
FMS
Seiken Densetsu 3 - Meridian Child
Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time
Live A Live - Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River

Note: "Shadowlord" and "Birds in the Sky, Fish in the River" are free until April 1st

Thanks, added to the OP ;)

I wish I could buy a download version that came with all the non-Final Fantasy songs for like $20. No interest in having the FF songs.

They should really just be doing a non-specific Theatrhythm game. I know Dragon Quest Theatrhythm is coming, and that's great, but I don't want to have to buy an FF version so I can pay even more for tracks from Chrono Trigger.

Plus they could include Icarus from Human Revolution.

AsianOni

Oh man I still haven't finished the first Theathrythm, I'll take the free songs anyways. But damn, the game is way more difficult than I thought (especially the BMS in Ultimate).

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Free songs? Fuck yeah, TFFCC is the gift that keeps on giving. ❤

artenight

Banned
Shadowlord as a free song. I can't believe it, it's one of the greatest song of the game, I would have bought it easily.

With the announcement that TR:DQ will have all free DLC I can't help but think the better thing to happen with curtain call would have been a greater mix of free and paid DLC. The 1:2 ratio seem in this batch is good (batches are usually 6 or 12, not 8).

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm free Nier and Yoko Shimomura tracks?? Where do I sign up?
Might have to open my copy to download them.
You need to do more than open a copy, you need to actually play it a bit to unlock the option to buy DLC.

Free songs? Fuck yeah, TFFCC is the gift that keeps on giving. ❤
Well in Japan two songs at the start of this second performance were free but not outside of Japan so this could be a case of rectifying past mistakes?

Speaking of mistakes where the fuck is Krille. All her lines can't be more than 5 DLC song descriptions long, can they?

Cranzor

Would this game or the first one still be enjoyable for someone who hasn't played much Final Fantasy and doesn't know much of the music? I generally do like it a lot though.

DLC seems cool. It's great that they're adding such a variety of music -- I especially like Chrono Trigger.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Would this game or the first one still be enjoyable for someone who hasn't played much Final Fantasy and doesn't know much of the music? I generally do like it a lot though.

DLC seems cool. It's great that they're adding such a variety of music -- I especially like Chrono Trigger.

I'm someone who hasn't really played any of the mainline Final Fantasy games and was only familiar with the most famous songs (Zanarkand, Aeris's Theme, etc.) before playing. If you like rhythm games and great video game music, definitely look into this game. I encourage you to make sure you like the style of Final Fantasy music before buying it though. Personally, I also like the way the RPG elements have been incorporated into this game. If you don't like the music from the Final Fantasy series or rhythm games in general, this game won't be worth your time. It probably means a lot more to people who have actually played the games and hold memories for each of these songs, but I enjoyed/am enjoying it just fine without that as someone who loves video game music. Not every Final Fantasy song appeals to me, but there's just so much of it that you can casually play the game and focus on your favorites. Also, don't bother getting the first game. The second game is pretty much just the first game with a ton more content—it has all of the first game's songs with all of the original DLC as its base package, plus an additional mode and characters. The first game really is obsolete with the sequel released (unless you reeeeeally care about the one FFXIII Versus song that was cut from the sequel).

EDIT: Also, with the DLC being added, this game is essentially becoming Theatrhythm Square Enix (minus Dragon Quest and Kingdom Hearts). So if you have enjoyed Square Enix's other RPGs, this game might be worth it for the DLC, depending on how big of a music fan you are.

Live A Live gets a song in the game? Heck yeah!
Edit: Apparently it got 2 songs! Kind of wish Square would publish the translated version for eShop.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
If I read that article correctly, this is the last round of DLC for TFF Curtain Call (at least, the second performance)?

Yeah, I think you're right. Hopefully we'll see a "third" performance.

I can't believe we're still missing Cid's Theme from VII and Landing at Dollet from VIII. Then, I would fee like we have a complete game.
LOL this game has 200+ songs!

Son Of D

Yeah, I think you're right. Hopefully we'll see a "third" performance.

I can't believe we're still missing Cid's Theme from VII and Landing at Dollet from VIII. Then, I would fee like we have a complete game.
LOL this game has 200+ songs!
We're still missing New Continent from VI as well. Plus nothing from the Tactics Advance games.

Swamped

Banned
Two free songs?! That's so great! The last time we got free songs was at release! I wonder what the reason is this time...maybe they're just really appreciating the players.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
mmmm dat corridors of time.

Son Of D

Two free songs?! That's so great! The last time we got free songs was at release! I wonder what the reason is this time...maybe they're just really appreciating the players.
Apparently this is the last dlc of the "second performance". Unknown whether or not we'll get more later.

Surprised we didn't get Type-0 songs to coincide with the Hd remaster.

I gotta say I am really loving the DLC. I just wish there was a way to buy more than one track at once, that in game shop menu is terrible.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta say I am really loving the DLC. I just wish there was a way to buy more than one track at once, that in game shop menu is terrible.

Totally agree. This actually pushed me away from buying everything I was interested in the last time I played. I'll probably buy it eventually, but still...would be nice to have a faster/more streamlined interface.

So... if we're getting Real Emotion, does that mean we'll get New World too? That's a song I really like
because of the irony of its place in the game lol

Too bad they didn't use it for FFXIII-2's EMS.

Top Bottom