• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TFS DragonBall Z Abridged

Turin

Banned
Krillin,"Goku, were not gonna tell you how to be a parent right now....."

Piccolo,"I AM!!!"

Also, Dende is probably in my top 5 right now.

Cell's hate-boner for Tien is great.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
it's almost freaky how we're almost done with this arc

its been like 4, 5 years?

Yeah, kinda crazy that the Android/Cell arc has been pretty much half of DBZ Abridged. A lot more going on than in the Namek saga I guess.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Buu is going to take years. Then again, Scott did refer to it as "Buu Mountain" a while ago.
Not only do they have to do the crazy long arc, but five movies along with it. Two of which are absolutely abysmal.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
"I spent a whole year training with him last week."

The writing was on point the entire episode lmao.

Zubz

Banned
Good episode as always! I love Piccolo being a better dad for Gohan again here. And although TFS' original animation always sticks out like a sore thumb, stuff like
Kid Videl & Popo's blunt
are always appreciated.

SUCK IT KALE! you bush league super food

I mean, "kale" fits the context, & this was written ahead of time. I wonder if this was all coincidence? I want to see how TFS will handle her & other Super characters (We saw their Beerus, Whis, & Goku Black in their shorts), but all this Buu talk has me wondering: with how long the Android/Cell saga took, will we even see the Buu saga get completed?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No kidding. They're going to need some extra help in the editing department if they want to finish before 2030.

Remember last year at one point they were neck and neck with Kai showing on TOONAMI, maybe 4 episodes behind. Then they just got sidetracked.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Remember last year at one point they were neck and neck with Kai showing on TOONAMI, maybe 4 episodes behind. Then they just got sidetracked.

There's an episode of Kai every week, unless they can hit that pace (which is probably impossible without a ton of help doing the editing) it's only natural they would get overtaken.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's an episode of Kai every week, unless they can hit that pace (which is probably impossible without a ton of help doing the editing) it's only natural they would get overtaken.

They were doing one a month around then and one episode of DBZA does maybe 5-6 episodes of Kai on average as long as a big fight wasn't going down. They just got sidetracked doing other stuff.

KingBroly

Banned
Buu is going to take years. Then again, Scott did refer to it as "Buu Mountain" a while ago.
Not only do they have to do the crazy long arc, but five movies along with it. Two of which are absolutely abysmal.

They could do Buu in 10 episodes if they really wanted to. That arc is ripe with 'hey, you missed this' moments.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I always forget about the senzu bean thing

goddamn Goku is the worst

Everything about this stupid arc is the worst.

- Why bother making the stage and the tournament if you're going to get rid of it and the rules within 5 minutes?
- Why are Goku and Gohan the only ones that get any action from Cell?
- Why does Gohan give a shit about a goddamned robot he's known for all of 10 minutes.
- How the hell does Cell learn to teleport?

The Buu saga was dumb as shit too, but at least it was kinda fun.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everything about this stupid arc is the worst.

- Why bother making the stage and the tournament if you're going to get rid of it and the rules within 5 minutes?
- Why are Goku and Gohan the only ones that get any action from Cell?
- Why does Gohan give a shit about a goddamned robot he's known for all of 10 minutes.
- How the hell does Cell learn to teleport?

The Buu saga was dumb as shit too, but at least it was kinda fun.

Cell gets rid of the ring because he's almost rung out by Goku.
Vegeta and Trunks already fought Cell and lost. So did Piccolo and Tien. Krillin and Yamcha don't matter.

The last two are pretty bs.

16 is the first person he's seen die because of his inability to get shit done as a SSJ.
Cell gets blown up after seeing the Instant Transmission twice and just figures it out.

jman2050

The explanation I remember for Cell learning instant transmission was that when he regenerated from blowing himself up he took in some of Goku's current DNA that was floating around and bam, new technique learned.

KingBroly

Banned
The explanation I remember for Cell learning instant transmission was that when he regenerated from blowing himself up he took in some of Goku's current DNA that was floating around and bam, new technique learned.

I think it was actually how he was programmed to learn moves/techniques, because he's perfect when he reforms.

Keasar

"You know, just because everyone somehow survived this, I'm gonna let you have that."
"I won't; You suck."

Vegeta still the best.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They were doing one a month around then and one episode of DBZA does maybe 5-6 episodes of Kai on average as long as a big fight wasn't going down. They just got sidetracked doing other stuff.

I completely forgot they managed that. If they can get back there, Buu might not take forever.

"You know, just because everyone somehow survived this, I'm gonna let you have that."
"I won't; You suck."

Vegeta still the best.

Him and Cell having the same rage moment killed me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'd like them to take a stab at redoing the first season if they finish Buu and still feel like doing stuff.

The pre-Namek episodes haven't really aged very well.

One joke that really dates itself is "You mean like YouTube Friends?" Those don't even exist anymore.

I'd like them to take a stab at redoing the first season if they finish Buu and still feel like doing stuff.

The later parts of the Saiyan saga are mostly alright, but going back and watching the first episode again is always extreamly rough. None of the jokes really land at all. I feel like they didn't really find their groove till Namek.

Grexeno

The later parts of the Saiyan saga are mostly alright, but going back and watching the first episode again is always extreamly rough. None of the jokes really land at all. I feel like they didn't really find their groove till Namek.
Yeah, the Saiyan Arc is pretty rough, but the reason it feels that way is because they themselves advanced Abridged Series past that with their work from Namek and beyond.

Yeah, the Saiyan Arc is pretty rough, but the reason it feels that way is because they themselves advanced Abridged Series past that with their work from Namek and beyond.

Yu-gi-oh abridged might of been trending upwards around the same time, but yeah, they raised the bar on abridged series pretty high. Basically any abridged series that was out before DBZ abridged started seem really awful now. I was a huge fan of Hbi2ks Berserk and Gantz abridged when they were coming out, and those are just straight garbage now.

Zubz

Banned
At this point, DBZ Abridged is basically another dub of the series that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Yeah. I know it's a "parody" for legal reasons, but between the plot being unchanged (But with snappier dialogue) & them adding stuff that wasn't present but always canon like 16 being a replica of Gero's son or Videl existing, it's definitely my favorite way to watch the series.

I know they've discussed plans for Buu & even considering a redo for the Saiyans arc, but I genuinely want to see TFS take on an original IP & earn money from things other than t-shirts.

Turin

Banned
From what I understand, Sword Art Online Abridged shits all over the actual show.

My only exposure to SAO is Abridged. I think I'll keep it that way.

They've said they want to. They'd have to work something out so that it doesn't interfere with other projects.

ReiGun

Yea, SAO is really good. Never watched the real show, and don't intend to.

This is a good move. Some people that DBZA improves the original, but if you really wanna see something like that, look at SAO v SAOA. The abridged version manages to have things the original doesn't. Like, competent storytelling and good characterization.

Ray Down

Banned
This is a good move. Some people that DBZA improves the original, but if you really wanna see something like that, look at SAO v SAOA. The abridged version manages to have things the original doesn't. Like, competent storytelling and good characterization.
Don't tell Cornbeard this.

I actually found myself genuinely enjoying the characters and how they interacted with each other in SAO:A

It's not even particularly funny or anything, it's just a good dub that makes a dumb story into a much better story.

KingBroly

Banned
Given the way they portrayed Cell in this episode, I'm not sure why he wants to kill Goku. You think he'd want to fight him for forever.

FZZ

Banned
So how deep are they gonna go with the series?

Are they going to finish all of Z, or are they done after Cell Saga?

Can't believe it's been 8 years

Top Bottom