• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[TGA 2020] Returnal Gameplay Trailer (4K - PS5). March 19, 2021 Release

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I actually like the design of the main character. Feels
The game looks pretty good to me. That $69.99 price tag pisses me off though, can’t exactly put my finger on it; maybe it didn’t bother me as much with Demons Souls because I knew I’d end up playing it for 50 hours minimum.

Rogue likes typically have more replay value than non rogue likes. There are exceptions.

OZ9000

Banned
Looks good but I don't like the design of the main character. Could they not have made her look slightly better looking or just 'average'?

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Devs are gonna have to step their shit WAYYY up this gen.

Im not buying that shit for $100 CDN. LMAO

It looks decent at best.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks like a less cartoony Risk of Rain 2 which kinda makes the gamey effects and stuff not quite match up the primary visual design. Though I'm not a big fan of Risk of Rain 2's constant on the move pressure it clearly appeals to lots of folks and became a huge success. Deep Rock Galactic is a bit more to my liking with the L4D-esque different phases of play throughout each level, some times quiet exploration, others frantic defense against hordes, etc. Though it does it better than L4D games did. It's kinda got a bit of Alien Swarm in its blood (probably still the best of the lot, the original UT2004 mod that is, not later less fleshed out versions)...

Last edited:

kyussman

The word roguelike usually has me running in the opposite direction.....but these guys make great video games,so they get the benefit of the doubt from me.Looks like the game actually has a good focus on the narrative too though,which is more my thing these days.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Kinda concerned about the the way this game is being marketed. Trailers are too short and too intense, there's no breathing space to really take in what's going on. Its selling short what is quite an interesting premise.

Kinda concerned about the the way this game is being marketed. Trailers are too short and too intense, there's no breathing space to really take in what's going on. Its selling short what is quite an interesting premise.

Hopefully we'll see extended gameplay footage for a State of Play kind of thing. I don't see why not with 3 months to go - should be good marketing.

Last edited:
80€ in Europe. Yeah the game is DOA unfortunately for Housemarque
Still can't get my head around how Jim Ryan thought it was a good idea to let the price be set to 80 euro. He is from Europe and was head of PS Europe before becoming the worldwide head. Surely he knows how ludicrous 80 euro appears for European customers? I can buy groceries for myself for an entire week with that amount of money, and I'm not even talking about cheap crap, I can get lots of good quality meat for dinners in that budget.

There are almost no games which I will pay 80 euro for. The Last of Us: Part 3, I would. But outside of that, anything else is a very, very hard sell.

Last edited:

Salz01

Just saw the 70 dollar price tag on the psn store. I’m like......what.... how big is this game exactly?

This could very well make it or break it for Housemarque. They've had mostly misses (commercially) since Resogun. Returnal looks like the highest budget game they've ever done. If this is a dud too they could be in real trouble.

They have already been paid by Sony. It's being published by Playstation Studios.

I'm convinced Housemarque should be the combat designer of a third person Metroid.

I was convinced Epic should have made the 3D Contra we all deserved when I saw Gears. Or Platinum making the 3D Megaman X after playing Vanquish.

A lot of people are getting that vibe. You're not alone.

Last edited:

Gudji

how do u know? i want to see higher quality footage of that clip from ps store

If you have a PS5 you can watch the video on the "explorer" tab on the console, or just go to the game page and scroll down. It's basically a conversation between two devs but it has a lot of short clips. I guess they'll upload it to youtube next week or something.

Last edited:
Love the melee weapon for quick hit and run tactics to get that enemy hp down. Multi-layered maps looking at that mini-map. Love what I'm seeing.

Resin seems to be the energy.

Last edited:
With the price of a 3090,you could buy a lot of 70 dollars games and a PS5.

Or buy used in the used-games market for physical that still exist on consoles (no longer relevant on PC). Support hardware manufacturers that actually suppor the hardware with software (Nintendo/Sony/even MS to an extent), unlike Steam/Nvidia/AMD and all the other leeches that take a lot for little to no return ("we leave that to others" while counting their millions).

Last edited:
Top Bottom