• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS: Floor space map revealed (no, there's no Nintendo booth)

There is no Nintendo booth because Nintendo isn't attending, I think its about time to let the rumor die. I think they don't even have a keynote speech like last year.

Largest sizes:
1. Sony
2. Konami
3. Sega
3. Square-Enix

Yes, you can feel the presence of the Closed Mega Theater just with a map!

Scribble

Don't worry, Nintendo are holding a conference tomorrow (September 5th). According to gamefront, anyway. I'm surprised that not many people are aware of it.

rakka

Scribble said:
Don't worry, Nintendo are holding a conference tomorrow (September 5th). According to gamefront, anyway. I'm surprised that not many people are aware of it.

Better that you don't get your hopes up for that...

pswii60

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

MS have really gone upmarket then. Last year they were in a room full of companies we've never heard of. This year they're next to Square Enix and Level 5.

I still don't get why Nintendo aren't here though, especially when they still turn up to places like Liepzig etc.

And there's a lot of space in the Squenix booth. That's a lot of DS's.

Scribble

pswii60 said:
I'm pretty sure Rakka meant don't get your hopes up for anything exciting to be announced.

Well, according to the gamefront, the conference is specifically meant to cover titles that are coming out towards the end of this year. Considering Mario Galaxy and Brawl are amongst those titles, I'm sure they won't disappoint.

rakka

Scribble said:
Well, according to the gamefront, the conference is specifically meant to cover titles that are coming out towards the end of this year. Considering Mario Galaxy and Brawl are amongst those titles, I'm sure they won't disappoint.

Brawl online confirmation would be nice.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
When you visit and conquer all the other stands and beat their bosses, Nintendo's booth raises out from the ground as the final stand.

Level 5 and SE surrounding MS might have been a pro-Sony/PS3 strategy too if you really think about it. Having PS3 games right next to the MS booth is sure to lure or draw people away from the MS booth or steal attention.

Actually it could also be the other way round that... people will be drawn to SE/L5 booths and then check out the MS booth.

Or it could also be better for SE/L5 to be next to Sony, then no one would even bother going or be anywhere close to the MS booth.

I DON'T KNOWWW.

maybe it doesnt mean anything?
maybe they draw ballots on locations?
maybe they dont know who they will be next to?
maybe the TGS organisers, wassit CESA or ESA or something, are the ones that decide?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
nicholasphan said:
Actually it could also be the other way round that... people will be drawn to SE/L5 booths and then check out the MS booth.
This argument is moot. People will be flocking to Dragon Quest IX, INAZUMA!!!, and Professor Layton - all 3 on DS :lol

kay

nicholasphan said:
Level 5 and SE surrounding MS might have been a pro-Sony/PS3 strategy too if you really think about it. Having PS3 games right next to the MS booth is sure to lure or draw people away from the MS booth or steal attention.

Or it could also be better for SE/L5 to be next to Sony, then no one would even bother going or be anywhere close to the MS booth.

I DON'T KNOWWW.

maybe it doesnt mean anything?
maybe they draw ballots on locations?
maybe they dont know who they will be next to?
maybe the TGS organisers, wassit CESA or ESA or something, are the ones that decide?

It doesn't matter, it's just a show and not some tournament.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Deep down inside it has always been a tournament. SovanJedi even knows this as truth.

SovanJedi said:
When you visit and conquer all the other stands and beat their bosses, Nintendo's booth raises out from the ground as the final stand.

It's like Takeshi's Castle all over again!

Salazar

speedpop said:
Deep down inside it has always been a tournament

Koei should be smack bang in the middle, surrounded by its comically innumerable enemies, alternating for kicks between its hack, brutal-prod and crazy jump and plummet attacks.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
damn nintendo they are ownin japan right now and still won`t be there...kinda sux -.-

Top Bottom