• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS - Granblue Fantasy getting international release

muu

TGS Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI7DnB-YK4k

An International version of Cygames' Granblue Fantasy has been announced at a TGS Cygames booth event. Other announcements include more jobs, update to endgame content, Siege events. Anime announced, manga announced.

Granblue Fantasy is a mobile RPG with art by Minaba, music by Nobuo Uematsu. Not too surprised about the lack of interest at GAF considering this is a phone game. Game is surprisingly non (or light) IAP friendly -- as with most Japanese mobile games it is stamina based, but healing items are easy to come by and stock up on. Current game balance favors non-IAP weapons, and with the new announcements it appears this will continue to be the case.

JP Chromeapps ver link

DJIzana

With such a big booth and in the console space of TGS (right next to Sony, I might add), I expected more from Cygames. =/

muu

With such a big booth and in the console space of TGS (right next to Sony, I might add), I expected more from Cygames. =/

With as much problems as the mobile version has had there's no way they could handle an actual console MMO. I've been playing since last December, and there's been at least two guild vs guild events where servers crashed and burned and they reimbursed stamina elixiirs to all users. Also It's ridiculous how inefficient their engine is -- Chrome Apps version running on a Ivy Bridge system can chug on some bosses, even.

zadig

Neo Member
Hmm, I thought the IAP purchase ads/notifications kind of intrusive actually, and the gacha rates awful. :( I enjoyed playing it for a while (the character design is nice, and the multiplayer battles were fun, plus the main campaign is more story driven than stuff like Brave Frontier), but stopped as it was a huge time sink. Being part of a guild is a huge part of the game, so there's pressure to always be an active player.

Oh yeah, I always played on the computer with Chrome. It was kind of slow on my phone (and I have an iPhone 6+), and the raid monsters would often be dead before I got to even do anything lol.

Glad to see it come over but man that game needed some under the hood work. Either it was too ambitious and all our hardware sucks or it was on their end lol.

muu

Glad to see it come over but man that game needed some under the hood work. Either it was too ambitious and all our hardware sucks or it was on their end lol.

They released an optimization update around July which helped quite a bit for Android users. I actually have better luck playing on iOS than on a PC. All versions seem to suffer from memory leaks when sound is enabled, highly ironic considering that the VA cast is one of the main draws to the game.

Having finished basically the FF11 'relic weapon' equivalent, it's pretty clear these guys don't playtest their own game. In a world where a 30per attack buff is considered OP, the character you get with the sword relic gives you a 1.5x boost to Ougi attacks, grants Rage III (further 30per buff) on his special, and has an ability to fill everyone's special to 100. I'm having fun MVPing every multi battle I run into but I assume this is just a taste of things to come.

Reversed

Gaming aside but an anime and manga is coming too. Dang, they went all out.

I'll try to get used to the japanese version before this one comes out.

DJIzana

If I'm not mistaken... I think 4gamer posted that Granblue Fantasy is getting an anime!!!

Friiiiiiiick!!! :D

Edit: a Google translation of the 4gamer article.

Aniplex today (September 17, 2015), has announced a TV animation of the social game "Grand Blue fantasy" that had their Cygames and CyDesignation. Cygames, Aniplex, things become a project that will be deployed in three companies of A-1 Pictures.

Azusa

Dengeki Online:

英語版をはじめ、外国語版が登場

言語設定が充実し、まずは英語に対応することが発表。ただし、ボイスはひとまず日本語のみになるとのこと。こちらは2016年3月ごろの実装予定とのこと。
なお、英語だけでなく中国語や韓国語など、さまざまな言語に対応していくそうです。
Google Translate:

Starting with English, foreign language version appeared

It announced that the language setting is rich, first corresponding to the English. However, the voice is the time being made only in Japanese. Here that the implementation plan of around March 2016.
In addition, English as well as Chinese and Korean, etc., is so going to support a variety of languages.

It seems they'll just add language to the existing client and all new international players will play together on existing servers.

Top Bottom