• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thank you, 343 and MS for delaying Halo Infinite

the_master

We should give some praise to any developer or manufacturer when they make a decision that benefit the game and the players.
Especiallyly such a hard one like this.

We all saw it, the game was not ready. They cound not had finished it in time.

It was probably the toughest call 343 and MS have had to make, but it is the best call.

It is the best for the players, no doubt.

They will now offer a better game, they will showcase better the Series X and they may be able to have his flagship back in action and be a powerful reason to get the console.

The fans have been asking for it every day, lierally asking them to blame covid.

I am glad they delayed it.

Edit:
"The decision to shift our release is the result of multiple factors that have contributed to development challenges, including the ongoing COVID-related impacts affecting us all this year. I want to acknowledge the hard work from our team at 343 Industries, who have remained committed to making a great game and finding solutions to development challenges. However, it is not sustainable for the well-being of our team or the overall success of the game to ship it this holiday."

Last edited:
We should give some praise to any developer or manufacturer when they make a decision that benefit the game and the players.

It was probably the toughest call 343 and MS have had to make, but it is the best call.

They will now offer a better game, they will showcase better the Series X and they may be able to have his flagship back in action and be a powerful reason to get the console.

The fans have been asking for it every day, lierally asking them to blame covid.

dmet3rO.gif

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Ill be looking forward when it comes out.

Feeling like everything been delayed a half a year lately anyways so no big surprise. Still got Cyberpunk this year (Jinx)!

Entroyp

I think this is a new low for some xbox fans, thanking MS for being incompetent.

It was the right choice, yes. But I would be pissed off for sure.

‘Thank you husband for punching me in the face once again. Next time I will make sure not to look the other way and stand still and look you in the eye.‘

Last edited:
By the time this game comes out there might not even be an Xbox console to release it on, they slit their own throats by not ensuring this was absolutely completed by launch or that there was a contingency plan in the event it couldn't launch.

They have literally nothing prepared for the launch of this console, the biggest thing they have is a 7 million dollar timed exclusive from an indie developer. They have lost the plot and have mismanaged everything from bottom to top.

Zimmy68

Edit:
"The decision to shift our release is the result of multiple factors that have contributed to development challenges, including the ongoing COVID-related impacts affecting us all this year. I want to acknowledge the hard work from our team at 343 Industries, who have remained committed to making a great game and finding solutions to development challenges. However, it is not sustainable for the well-being of our team or the overall success of the game to ship it this holiday."

The problem is, we all saw it, the game wasn't close to being ready. It looked like an OG Xbox One game with so so graphics.
You can't polish a turd in 6 months.

mcjmetroid

Ya this was their only hope.

They basically had a new Halo game going against a Spiderman DLC game.

Unfortunately for them the game didn't deliver for a lot of people. I still thought It looked fun but there you go.

WTF MS? You started so strong out of the gate.. Who the hell decided to flex that muscle prematurely? This was your primary weapon going into next-gen, and you managed to fuck it up......again!
Everything fell apart. I remember xboxera discord (memeber called code) was saying sony will use covid as an excuse for everything cause they r not ready and they got caught. Look what happened 👀😬 karma is a bitch

Great Hair

Banned
Their lead designer left 2019 and apparently they're been working at it since 2016?

4 years later, Craig has a vitamin D and P deficiency and if we add how long it took them to fix the Master Chief Collection?

How's that a commendable attitude? Phil even said that "for the first two years, there won't be any XSX exclusives" ... I guess he knew then, that most of their studios if not all, were not ready yet.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
343i should be burned to the ground, give it to the Coalition at least they proved themself in shipping normal product. Holy shit, that studio is swimming in 100s of mil USD and they suck.

Halo 5 was good, but obviously different times, diversity hires and all that bullshit.

TLZ

Banned
Good. Now give it to someone else and keep 343 so far away from it. I remember reading someone else joined the development. I hope it's been given to them completely.

the_master

I think this is a new low for xbox fans, thanking MS for being incompetent.

It was the right choice, yes. But I would be pissed off for sure.

‘Thank you husband for punching me in the face once again. Next time I will make sure not to look the other way and stand still and look you in the eyes.‘
I am not an xbox fan. I have been a playstation 4 gamer this whole generation. But I really like games, and I also like Halo.

The punch in the face would be to release the unfinished product.

I understand people feel about companies the same way they feel about football teams. It is pointless though. I like to play games and I like the games to come out as good as possible.

RaySoft

By the time this game comes out there might not even be an Xbox console to release it on, they slit their own throats by not ensuring this was absolutely completed by launch or that there was a contingency plan in the event it couldn't launch.

They have literally nothing prepared for the launch of this console, the biggest thing they have is a 7 million dollar timed exclusive from an indie developer. They have lost the plot and have mismanaged everything from bottom to top.
It seems as MS have just caved:-( It's only "gamepass" chants at this point, sadly:-/

Last edited:

Banned
If 343i keeps the development duties for this franchise after this shitshow then Microsoft basically kills Halo with it.

this studio single handedly managed to kill one of gaming's biggest franchises, and after a 5, FIVE!, year development cycle they still hadn't listened to fan feedback and they still couldn't ship a game on time.

343i is a burden and has to be closed down immediately after this game launches, either that or the whole studio needs to be completely reformed.

they fucked up 2 Halo games and a Halo collection, so basically everything they ever made was a failure. THEY are a failure.

but its not like that's a new take what I'm saying here, that's what many Halo fans said since at least Halo 5's launch, if not longer than that.

the_master

The problem is, we all saw it, the game wasn't close to being ready. It looked like an OG Xbox One game with so so graphics.
You can't polish a turd in 6 months.
They had about 4 months between the reveal and the original release date. Now they may have one year and 3 months. That may be what the game needs to be completed.

MacReady13

Perfect decision, but I wonder if Microsoft decided to put more resources into their games divisions instead of focusing on Game Pass and X Cloud, then Halo might have been ready for launch...? Or am I way off the mark here?

Either way, it was the right call. Not good for Microsoft as they've pretty much given up Xmas to the PS5, but it was needed after that terrible showing last month.

Vawn

Banned

So THIS was the straw? You went from defending every move Xbox makes to pure hatred over a delayed game?

Last edited:

sn0man

I am not an xbox fan. I have been a playstation 4 gamer this whole generation. But I really like games, and I also like Halo.

I understand people feel about companies the same way they feel about football teams. It is pointless though. I like to play games and I like the games to come out as good as possible.
Well said.

I went PS4 but I really like Halo as a franchise (at least through Reach).

Halo is as close to a mascot for Xbox as they have. It deserves a better shot at a next gen release than what they showed.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck

Putting a fresh date on it right away doesn't instill confidence. If it needs time, delay it indefinitely and get it right.

If 343i keeps the development duties for this franchise after this shitshow then Microsoft basically kills Halo with it.

this studio single handedly managed to kill one of gaming's biggest franchises, and after a 5, FIVE!, year development cycle they still hadn't listened to fan feedback and they still couldn't ship a game on time.

343i is a burden and has to be closed down immediately after this game launches, either that or the whole studio needs to be completely reformed.

they fucked up 2 Halo games and a Halo collection, so basically everything they ever made was a failure. THEY are a failure.

but its not like that's a new take what I'm saying here, that's what many Halo fans said since at least Halo 5's launch, if not longer than that.

The publisher has got to take part of the blame when they're demanding a cross gen open world shooter that runs on a wide range of devices including the launch Xbox One.

Top Bottom