• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thank you, Ninja. Very Cool.

Helios

EDIT: Tweets deleted, thanks strange headache strange headache for the screenshot

jfF7D4O.png

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I saw Ninja at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical interference,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Psykodad

Banned
I saw Ninja at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical interference,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Is that a true story?

I probably would've smacked him like his parents should've done. 😂

Mista

Banned
Good god. Just stay in your lane man, don’t talk about shit you know nothing about. Not because you got 12 year olds watching you it means that your opinion matters

Why the fuck didn't you punch that 63lb lesbian in the throat?

LMJ

I'm not gonna pretend that playing E sports, or online games professionally doesn't require any skill but this seems too much like a millennial completely ignoring the actual work any real athlete does...

It's clear as day that this ninja character has no clue about anything from regards to wind factor, quality of the sod, the effectiveness of the snapper, not to mention being in front of tens of thousands of fans let alone millions of people watching on TV knowing that at times the game relies solely on your foot...

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face.
You should've called him a loser.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I hate e-celebs
most celebrities are "e-celebs"

celebrities from tv, movies, music. not just video games.

not many people meet or even see famous actors or musicians. ok maybe musicians on tour.

they are all elusive to their fans.

but yeah fuck Ninja. can't stand the little freak

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Its a generational thing. A whole age group is growin up with Minecraft, Roblox, and Fortnite.

They are more into streamers and tubers like ninja.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Literally your only job is be an elite level athlete such that the top 32 teams in the whole world will sign you for more money in a year than a lot of people will make in a lifetime.

what’s so hard about that

pr0cs

Not really sure I'll ever understand the draw of watching someone else play games, to each their own but that seems to suck the fun out of gaming unless they're funny /cool /interesting, which this guy seems nothing of.
Anyway, can't hate on a guy making crazy money, he just seems like such a tool.

Shifty

Ooh I smell a quality new copypasta in the making.

I’ll never understand how dumbass YouTube personalities just.... miss... the point. I feel like there have to be pools of entertainers on the internet that wouldn't oversimplify professional-level skillsets. Or critics that wouldn’t flub their critique idk man it seems so SILLY. Would love opinions on this*

* Provided that said opinions are exclusively positive and stroke my overinflated danger hair-having ego instead of explaining that I am in fact a chump for thinking like this. Otherwise I'll parade your response around and act like it's shitty without being able to adequately explain why.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Not really sure I'll ever understand the draw of watching someone else play games, to each their own but that seems to suck the fun out of gaming unless they're funny /cool /interesting, which this guy seems nothing of.
In defense of Ninja, that reasoning goes for any kind of sports.

ROMhack

Used to be quite cool around 2010. Was often community-driven and then Twitch, etc came in and made it all about money.

This was in the early days of Vinesauce.

Last edited:

You should have just went in for the nut tap.

Malakhov

Banned
Wow looks like an ass. Id never greet any of these idiots except asmon. That guy in real life videos in meets always seems nice, calm and very shy, I think his online persona just disapears when he's in every day situations but I could be wrong

I understood that reference.

That write up is always hilarious. Comedy gold.

Where does this come from? It's obviously a fake encounter but a lot of people in this thread are responding to it as if it really happened.

Grinchy

Banned
Where does this come from? It's obviously a fake encounter but a lot of people in this thread are responding to it as if it really happened.
It was in LA at a Whole Foods location. Ninja shops there all the time. This is the first time I had seen him do something that crazy, but hes been a dick to the stock people before.

One day I actually overheard him telling an employee off because of some spill on the floor. He kinda noticed I was watching from the corner of his eye.

He slowly turned his head in my direction, winked, and revealed an empty bottle of coke in his hand.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Now you understand why I hate youtubers?

And Fornite... Pppffff

If I saw him on the street, I didn't even bother to see talk to him, for me he is anyone.

Now you understand why I hate youtubers?

And Fornite... Pppffff

If I saw him on the street, I didn't even bother to see talk to him, for me he is anyone.
The impression I always got is that you dislike YouTubers because you think they're lazy... even though most YouTubers spend years building up viewers and hours editing their videos with software and equipment they purchase with the money they make from their real job which they eventually quit if they do make enough money from YouTube.

That's fine if you don't like any YouTuber but you should know it's not just press play to hit record and out shits a video onto the channel instantaneously. James "AVGN" Rolfe did a great video showing exactly what went into making an episode years ago. Same thing with AngryJoe or JonTron or Jim Sterling or whoever else has a decent following on YouTube.

Last edited:
Top Bottom