• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2011 Spike VGAs: Dec 10th @ 7:30 PM EST, Streaming Online [Kojima: SO SORRY]

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Anyone wanna host an alternative stream? Can't watch it coz I'm not American. :(

SpikeTV Stream Link

Stream might be locked to US IP Addresses only ill provide various ways around these restrictions at the bottom of the post

Preshow starts at

7.30 PM EST
6.30 PM CST
4.30 PM PST
12.30 AM GMT

Awards start at

8.00 PM EST
7.00 PM CST
5.00 PM PST
1.00 AM GMT

Firefox Header Manipulation

Modify Firefox Headers to fool the site into thinking your in the US worked last time spike streamed the VGA's

Hotspot Shield Tutorial
Www.hotspotshield.com

Spoof your IP via a VPN to make it look like your inside the US.

Okay, Update time.

The stream link is throwing up errors for some and not for others, its location based but iv discovered anyone outside the US who is not getting the error may still experience problems.

Test Link
If that gives you a region error then follow the steps below if not then carry on with your day.

Okay, The Modify Headers Tutorial i linked seems to be fairly old so ill write down a quick tutorial on using it for those outside the us.

You must use firefox.

Install This.
Restart firefox
Go to Tools>Add-ons>Modify Headers 0.7.1.1>Options
Under "Select Action" Select "Add"
In the box next to it type "X-Forwarded-For"
In the 2nd box type 12.13.14.15
Click the Add Button
Click "Start" in the top left corner
Click OK
Try This Link and the video should load.

If it works your all set for the stream, if it dose not try hotspot shield.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Did you try the workarounds posted earlier?

Doesn't work. :(

Also tried Stalker's but doesn't work too (Philippines here). :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

That's odd. The Firefox HTTP header trick works just fine for me (Western Australia). Are you certain you followed the instructions precisely?

Edit: I just visited the stream page and I'm still able to view the splash image, so the method hasn't been blocked.

Im trying now with a Philippines Proxy and im not getting any error messages so i really dont know how to help you sorry.

Hopefully some kind US Gaffer can set up a mirror stream.

ULTROS!

Sorry, apparently you need to have the headers open while browsing, I missed that. My apologies.

It works now, thanks a lot!

Just to Clarify, If it works

This Link Should display.

If its not working you will get a small video about all the exclusives.

So what can i do for chrome to watch the vga tonight.

If you inside the US you dont need to do anything.

Outside the US you can try HotSpotShield linked in my earlier posts or you can try the easier method of downloading firefox and using the Header Modification.

zinder

Wait, what is this nonsense with bypassing the stream? Didn't Geoff confirm that the stream will work worldwide..?

To all those outside US who cant get the stream working with the current methods

This Is a UK stream, im not sure if its UK only but if it is they might not have the same restrictions that the SpikeTV site has.

We can use the Modify Headers method but this time using a UK ip.

Install This.
Restart firefox
In the 2nd box type 212.69.208.1
Click the Add Button
Click OK
Try This Link and the Live Stream should load.

You want the below image (but at the ginx site) not a video trailer

Jarmel

Banned
garrus_vakarian_fathe5rj5r.jpg

But where is the Krogan slave?

H4wkeye

Neo Member
Okay, Update time.

The stream link is throwing up errors for some and not for others, its location based but iv discovered anyone outside the US who is not getting the error may still experience problems.

Test Link
If that gives you a region error then follow the steps below if not then carry on with your day.

Okay, The Modify Headers Tutorial i linked seems to be fairly old so ill write down a quick tutorial on using it for those outside the us.

You must use firefox.

Install This.
Restart firefox
In the 2nd box type 12.13.14.15
Click the Add Button
Click OK
Try This Link and the video should load.

If it works your all set for the stream, if it dose not try hotspot shield.

The Modify Headers thing worked for me, I can view that video just fine, and it said I couldn't before I did the tweak. Thanks man! Europe here in case anyone wonders.

Lakitu

st5fu
So there are no actual surprises left? The only real mystery is Epic's new IP, but even then we are expecting an announcement.

11 (?) out of 13 have been revealed / hinted at. There's 2 more we don't know about, apparently. Hopefully there's a surprise the equivalent of the Skyrim one we had last year.

11 (?) out of 13 have been revealed / hinted at. There's 2 more we don't know about, apparently. Hopefully there's a surprise the equivalent of the Skyrim one we had last year.

Ah, good. The VGA's would be a decent place to have a Valve game reveal. Only the hardcore watch it, it gets coverage by lots of media outlets etc. Its also cheaper than running their own announcement event.

DieH@rd

Banned
Hopefully this firefox fix will held, i really don't want to use that proxy shit damned program. Never worked fine for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah, good. The VGA's would be a decent place to have a Valve game reveal. Only the hardcore watch it, it gets coverage by lots of media outlets etc. Its also cheaper than running their own announcement event.

But I want an announcement ARG. :(

One Ok Rock

Neo Member
Restart firefox
Click the Add Button
Click OK

Aha! I completely glossed over this step. Thanks man, works a charm here in Aus.

-PXG-

I told myself I wasn't going to watch this shit tonight.

I'm totally going to watch this shit tonight. God damnit. Better get liquored up to make a little more tolerable. Speaking of which, I hope some of you fools are getting loaded tonight. VGA stupidity + GAF + booze = fun times :)

You sure you did everything right? Modify Headers worked fine for me, and I'm from Europe as well.

Did you try This?

Follow it to the letter (anything not clear just ask), if its not working i have no answer as to why, its worked for everybody else.

Yes, i did something wrong! I had "Forwarderd" instead of "Forwarded". Thanks StalkerUKCG for helping us. You are the best. :)

I'm ready now!!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent, I'll be at work when this on. I'm looking forward to all the new media when I get home. Also, a Bioshock Infinite release date. Right guys?

Command and Conquer Generals 2 FPS Edition. PS3 Limited Edition version comes with a PlayStation Move enhanced port of Generals on the Blu-Ray.

IZZO

Neo Member
To all those outside US who cant get the stream working with the current methods

This Is a UK stream, im not sure if its UK only but if it is they might not have the same restrictions that the SpikeTV site has.

We can use the Modify Headers method but this time using a UK ip.

Install This.
Restart firefox
Click the Add Button
Click OK

You want the below image (but at the ginx site) not a video trailer

Thanks. Works perfectly.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
The VGAs are tonight? Holy shit. Well, there goes my studying.

Zapages

I wonder if the new PoP is going to be shown. I heard from some folks its going to be revealed either before Jan 1, 2012 or Q1/spring of 2012.

Top Bottom