• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2015 Hype Thread | Let's pretend these games won't be delayed or disappointing

jwewOZE.png

As 2014 comes to a close, we look on to a promising future. We leave behind us a number of downgradeatons, broken games, overreactions, and PR nightmares.

What upcoming games are exciting you the most? Below is a list of big games you should expect next year (there are a lot).

Discuss your most anticipated titles, your predictions, and your hopes for the next year in gaming. How might the industry change next year? What trends might end? Which might begin? What companies may face redemption(or damnation)?

ltsZxek.png

Batman: Arkham Knight
[Rocksteady - Warner Brothers]

Battleborn
[Gearbox]

Battlefield Hardline
[DICE L.A. - EA]

Bloodborne
[From Software - Sony]

Crackdown
[Cloudgine - Microsoft]

Dead Island 2
[Techland - Deep Silver]

Dying Light
[Techland - Deep Silver]

Evolve
[Turtle Rock Studios - 2K]

Fable Legends
[Lionhead - Microsoft]

Fortnite
[Epic Games]

Final Fantasy XV
[Square Enix]

Halo 5: Guardians
[343 Industries - Microsoft]

Heroes of the Storm
[Blizzard]

H-Hour: World's Elite
[SOF Studios]

Homefront: The Revolution
[Deep Silver]

Just Cause 3
[Avalanche Studios - Square Enix]

Kingdom Hearts III
[Square Enix]
BELIEVE

Mad Max
[Avalanche Studios - Warner Brothers]

Mario Maker
[Nintendo]

Mass Effect 2015
[Bioware - EA]

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
[Kojima Productions - Konami]

Mortal Kombat X
[NetherRealm Studios - Warner Brothers]

Mirror's Edge 2
[DICE - EA]

No Man's Sky
[Hello Games]

Overwatch
[Blizzard]

Persona 5
[Atlus]

Quantum Break
[Remedy Entertainment - Microsoft]

Rainbow Six: Siege
[Ubisoft Montreal]

Rise of the Tomb Raider
[Crystal Dynamics - Square Enix]

Scalebound
[Platinum Games - Microsoft]

Silent Hills
[Kojima Productions - Konami]

Star Citizen
[Cloud Imperium Games]

Star Fox for Wii U
[Nintendo]

Star Wars: Battlefront
[DICE - EA]

Splatoon
[Nintendo]

The Legend of Zelda for Wii U
[Nintendo]

The Order: 1886
[Ready at Dawn Studios - Sony]

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
[CD Projekt Red]

Tom Clancy's The Division
[Ubisoft Massive]

Triad Wars
[United Front Games - Square Enix]

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
[Naughty Dog - Sony]

c50xqxG.png

Fallout 4
[Bethesda]

Half-Life 3
[Valve]

The Last Guardian
[Team Ico - Sony]

Left 4 Dead 3
[Valve]

Is Crackdown slated for 2015 or is that speculation?

More OT though 2015 should be a great year for games

I'm hopeful of Fallout 4's release in 2015 myself

Zolbrod

Methinks there are some titles on this list that are wishful thinking (KH3 for instance).

Also, where's Xenoblade Chronicles X!? (because that's my answer)

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Please tell me the whole R.I.P. in peace, (rest in peace in peace) is some sort of stupid joke / meme. Since lately been seeing way too many people follow rip up with in peace...

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
A lot of those are speculation. I really am only hyped for Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. CoD Treyarch Version and Assassins Creed as well.

DJIzana

Methinks there are some titles on this list that are wishful thinking (KH3 for instance).

Also, where's Xenoblade Chronicles X!? (because that's my answer)

Yeah no Xenoblade and FFXV... the only thing I think we'll get in 2015 of FFXV is just the demo and likely more vids etc. I expect the release will be 2016 given the response from Tabata, saying it'd take longer than people are expecting.

Xenoblade is 2015 too (shooting for 2015 in the West, Spring release in Japan). Here's the logo if you want to add it.

In any case, I'm looking forward to 2015 GREATLY. Type-0 HD and you're also forgetting HEAVENSWARD!!! :O

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Final Fantasy type-0 (with FFXV demo included) is a big release for us.

Triad Wars
[United Front Games - Square Enix]

This is real?! I thought this was canceled.

2015 looks great but much...much will probably be delayed.

RoKKeR

Fucking hell.

Witcher, Batman, Halo, Battlefront (please be good), Quantum Break, Uncharted, unannounced titles. Amazing.

OP definitely making up some release dates, though.

lordxar

Cannot wait for MGSV. Bloodborne is paid for. So many others on that list will be picked up but those are my top two.

My Wallet will be annihilated by The Order, Type-0 HD, Resident Evil remaster+Revelaitons 2, Firefly Diary, Oreshika, Ratched PS4, Bloodborne, Batman, Persona 5, MGS5, Uncharted 4, Grim Fandango HD...

And that's just a fracture of the stuff we know about!

And there are even more games I'm hoping we will get in 2015. Mainly Corpse Party:Blood Drive, Kingdom Hearts DDD HD, Danganronpa Another Episode, Gravity Rush 2...

2015 will be remembered as one of the greatest years no doubt.

Gator86

If even two-thirds of these games make it out in 2015, it will be an insane year. Even the first few months of the year, in isolation. look great.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Crackdown is 2016 isn't it?

The Last Guardian will be 2015 if announced at E3 - But otherwise still in limbo and should not be listed.

Scalebound is iffy on 2015 - I am leaning towards 2016 March least. The Division I also feel will be a 2016 title, February most likely - then again Ubisoft thirst for holiday releases know no bounds.

sn00zer

Also people you may only use this list once we hit December 2015....then you can complain all you want
630x.jpg
'

As of announced games I think 2015 could absolutely take on the godfather of gaming years

Inumbris

If they all hit their respective launch windows, by years end I can see myself in a Tom Hanks from Cast Away kind of state, permanently stranded on my couch, controller/keyboard + mouse in hands, continuously shouting 'Wilson!" at my poor, deflated excuse for a wallet.

Not one single piece of my body is ready. It will be glorious.

Tigress

Of that list (which has all that I can remember being hyped for)
No Man's Sky
Persona 5
Witcher 3
And that's i....
Fallout 4?!!!

When was that announced? If that is true, that... that over any of those other games!

(though I don't beileve it cause I know I'd see it being a full thread on gaf if that were true).

Still, is there some strong rumor of it being announced soon?

Edit: Damnit, I see pipe dreams in there. Hey now! I was kinda hoping at one point it would be this year. *sigh*. And yes, I'm starting to give up on it being next year too :(.

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
Off the top of my head, Bloodborne, MGS5, Arkham Knight, no man's sky, project cars, grim fandango, the tomorrow children and hotline Miami 2 are absolute must buys for me. Probably one or two I'm missing. Maybe Uncharted 4 and the witcher 3. Plus F1 2015 for current gen... If it's any good. Battlefront is a solid maybe. If they nail the Star Wars aesthetic and the game fucking works, I'm in. I'm also really hyped about the indie scene. I'm sure a few life consuming indies will pop up and take us all by surprise.

Oh, and FF15 is a maybe with a huge asterisk next to it. Playing ff9 for the first time atm. After that, I'll go back and finally beat ff7. If they can make a game as charming as those two, I'm in.

The cherry on top of this cake of perfection would be Fallout 4. Make it happen Bethesda.

And that's i....
Fallout 4?!!!

When was that announced? If that is true, that... that over any of those other games!

(though I don't beileve it cause I know I'd see it being a full thread on gaf if that were true).

Still, is there some strong rumor of it being announced soon?

It hasn't been announced. However, there's been some strong speculation that it will be announced at Dorito Pope's new show. *Mutated fingers crossed.*

Top Bottom