• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3-Month PS+ membership price will increase in Europe ( at least in France )

1 month : same price ( 6,99€ )

3 months : 14.99€ => 19.99€

one year : same price ( 49,99€ )

i just got the email.

damn Sony...

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Gotta scrape up those pennies to add more online storage.

Xando

Maybe they should offer a service that isn't unavailable every few weeks before increasing price.

liquidtmd

Banned
I just got the same mail in the UK and was wondering if there was a thread...

Your PlayStation®Plus renewal price is due to increase

The price of your PlayStation Plus subscription is going to increase. On 01/09/2015 the price of a 3 month subscription will rise from £11.99 to £14.99. The price of an annual subscription will remain the same.

If your PlayStation Plus account is set to renew automatically you don’t need to do anything. You won’t begin paying the new rate immediately on 01/09/2015; instead you will start paying the new price from your first renewal date after 01/09/2015.
You can find instructions on how to check your renewal date, how to manage automatic wallet funding and how to add/delete a credit or debit card in the links below.

Check your renewal date

Manage automatic wallet funding

Add or delete a credit or debit card

If you'd like to cancel automatic renewal, follow the link below, click on the subscription you want to cancel and choose "cancel automatic renewal." You will retain your membership benefits until the end of the current billing period.

Cancel Automatic Renewal

Really fucking bad move IMO. £3 is £3 and not much in the grand scheme but online services and the store for PSN is hardly screaming 'top dollar'

I do like the selection of plus titles more than some on here but not worth the price bump. Tempted not to renew and I'm serious

xzeldax3

Terrible title. Weird decision by Sony. I guess they want to make people go all in with a year sub instead of settling with three months.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was the one that sells the most.

Not necessarily They probably want to push more users towards the annual subscription. Doesn't mean that the three-month subscription is the most popular.

jelly

Xbox Live has been very cheap in comparison to PS Plus for ages, online merchants that is. not retail robbery.

I pay for the monthly sub and looks like I will continue to do that. This is pretty rotten though. The service is pretty terrible outside of the IGC.

Griss

Where's that 'indie games are too expensive' thread? Seems appropriate.

Wouldn't bother me too much if the infrastructure wasn't so bad.

Looks like Sony realised that people are buying 3 months then taking a month of break and getting new sub at last possible moment to get that month PS+ content.

Z..

Why the hell are people buying the 3-month sub anyways?

I don't use or like +, so I buy a sub when a game dictates I must. For Bloodborne, I did. Nothing else so far. Paying for online is something I'll never ever accept and as such I keep it strictly to what is necessary.

coastel

Not necessarily They probably want to push more users towards the annual subscription. Doesn't mean that the three-month subscription is the most popular.

Didn't say it was only I wouldn't be surprised if it was but yea your probably right

1 month and 3 month subs really just seem like a waste of money.

Not if you don't care about PS+ games and there's no multiplayer games out worth playing.

Currently I don't even have a PS+ subscription, will buy 1 month for Uncharted 4 beta then probably a 3 month when Uncharted 4 releases.

Ladekabel

What? Why? I don't want to commit for a whole year since the recent offering has almost left me cold besides a few exception like Rocket League.

Hellraider

Can't we at least get some of the shit that PSN lacks before a price increase (even if it's for the 3month plan)? One fucking giga byte...

That's pretty shitty from Sony IMO.

I didn't want to commit to Plus for a whole year but I won't have a choice anymore, this is too big of an increase to keep a 3 month sub.

Mar Nosso

Banned
I live in the UK but my account is Portuguese and I always renew for a 3 months period, paying 13.49 euros.

It's funny because in the store, depending on which section I go to to renew the subscription I can either pay 14.99 or 13.49 euros for a 3 months subscription. Obviously I always go for the 13.49. Oversight on their part?

darthbob

Why the hell are people buying the 3-month sub anyways?

I use my PS4 almost exclusively as my Destiny machine, and as such the PS+ membership is basically my Destiny membership. Due to this, I prefer getting the 3M sub because I tend to take breaks from Destiny when I get bored (due to lack of meaningful content) and a 12M sub would just be wasted for months at a time.

I just got the same mail in the UK and was wondering if there was a thread...

Really fucking bad move IMO. £3 is £3 and not much in the grand scheme but online services and the store for PSN is hardly screaming 'top dollar'

I do like the selection of plus titles more than some on here but not worth the price bump. Tempted not to renew and I'm serious

I've been a subscriber since 2011. In that time, I watched it develop from average games every month to an excellent service on PS3, before they decided to paywall multiplayer and apparently direct none of the Plus profits towards a decent PSN on PS4.

A £36 rise per year for a long-term loyal customer is a kick in the teeth to be honest, especially considering how frequently it's been down in the past year or so.

The prices for a PS+ Membership are hilarious IMO.

I can get 13 months of Xbox Live for 35€... 12 Months PS+ almost 60 € at some stores...

And the Service isnt really great to begin with.

Top Bottom