• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 30 Best Celebrity Cameos on The Simpsons (Time.com) - NO JAMES WOODS?!?

jigglet

Banned
So I've been binging on the Simpsons recently (only S1-9) and I stumbled across this list: https://time.com/3154233/simpsons-television-celebrity-entertainment/

And I was expecting James Woods to be in there. I always considered him to be one of the best celeb guests on the show. I'm not even a huge fan of him as a real life actor but I just thought he nailed it in the Simpsons.

Anyway I wasn't expecting him to be #1 as everyone has different tastes...and yes this is just one of many lists out there, but for him not to even qualify for the top 30?

Am I out of touch?

Aesius

Wait what?? And you think this is why he's not on the list?!
Possibly. It doesn’t make sense to not include him unless the author/editors intentionally omitted him because they either dislike him due to his outspoken conservatism or because they didn’t want to risk social media backlash.

Yuk at that list. Anne Hathaway and Snoop Dogg and Jon Stewart. Oh yes who can forget those classic eps.

No Spinal Tap? None of the "Homer at Bat" team? Phil Hartman?

Funny how they include MJ. Isn't he cancelled? Guess he never supported Trump so he gets a pass.

Last edited:

Hatemachine

Banned
I don't even remember a James Woods Simpson episode. His Family Guy episodes are good though.

The much bigger crime here is not including Rodney Dangerfield in "Burns, Baby, Burns". That's an all time classic episode, and Dangerfield killed it.

Last edited:

Jaysen

Banned
As others said, there’s nothing memorable about his Simpsons appearance. Family Guy though, yes. And Phil Hartman wasn’t listed because many thought of him as a regular, not a guest.

Feel dirty for clicking that link, and yes, James Woods deserves a spot on that list, def memorable, was able to be himself and entertaining unlike most other actors on the simpsons who when playing themselves are incredible boring or cringy

The Ramones had a great cameo they sing happy birthday to Mr. Burns and he tells Smithers "Have the Rolling Stones killed."

Last edited:

Jaysen

Banned
It’s strange, I remember every cameo listed by Paste except Woods. With lines as good as the following, I should have:

Memorable Quote:
“Tony, you’re my agent. You have to do something about this… How can it be the same movie if they’ve changed my character from a convenience store clerk to a jittery eskimo firefighter? Uh huh… uh huh… mm hmm… well, actually, that’s a pretty good explanation. Now this is gross, right, this’ll be gross points in this new…? OK. Yeah, ‘cause there’s monkey—yeah, OK, great. OK, good: book me a flight, rent me an igloo, and tell those dorks at the Kwik-E-Mart that boom! I am outta here, I’m a dot, I’m gone, OK? What do you mean, I gotta give two weeks’ notice? Why you frickin’, no good, motha$%^&@ &!$@# cheese! No, not you, I’m just talking to my oven.”

jigglet

Banned
The Ramones had a great cameo they sing happy birthday to Mr. Burns and he tells Smithers "Have the Rolling Stones killed."

That was brilliant. Mr Burns' reaction had me in stitches.

I think the best in terms of pure acting was James Woods & Danny Devito.

One of the worst was Paul McCartney. I get he's not an actor but that's what I'm judging it on - just how good the performance was, not how famous they are.

Last edited:

pel1300

Speaking of James wood....how about a Vikings movie starring

James Wood
Jon Voight
Gina Carano
Roseanne
Kevin Sorbo
Tim Allen

Directed by Mel Gibson

Last edited:
Top Bottom