• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3DS Lineup For 2012 is HUGE... Best Lineup for any system next year

ampere

That lineup does look great, particularly Luigi and Paper Mario.

I'm waiting on the redesign still, hope it comes early 2012.

Smellycat

The distinct lack of a Metroid is a sore point. It would actually sell me the system.

I don't know if the problem is me or the lineup, but I'm a massive Nintendo fan of old and yet the only game on that list to raise an eyebrow is Paper Mario.

Either way, still waiting on the revision I think.

E3 2012

Tadale

Nothing.

Gyroscope controls for aiming?, having the HD version I don't see anyone going with such a cheap port.

I noticed they have the sensor circle in that screenshot like in MGS4. I'll make due with a jankier version if they remix some things, add some new modes that make sense on a portable, or maybe some more story beats.

3ds_mario-tennis-3d_shot2.jpg

Just noticed this... Aren't the crowd the sprites from the gba game o_O.

Boney

Banned
You get crouch walking and Peace Walker controls. However, the cons are you get some really piss poor graphics AND Peace Walker controls.

3DS now since it's on sale (OOT Bundle looks nice) and Vita later, maybe at launch depending on how rich you are.

not even my despise for crawling and my love for crouch walking is enough to sway me.

Famassu

Eh, it's strong, but I still think PS360 is much stronger, especially PS3 with exclusives like
Twisted Metal
Tales of Graces F
maybe Tales of Xillia too if Bamco doesn't take forever to localize it
Last Guardian
Ni No Kuni
Journey
Starhawk
Sly Raccoon 4: Thieves In Time
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (YES I'M TOO OPTIMISTIC)
(Jak & Daxter HD Collection)

in addition to an endless stream of multiplatform titles like
SSX
FFXIII-2
Soul Calibur V
The Darkness 2
Kingdoms of Amalur
Mass Effect 3
Street Fighter X Tekken
Bioshock Infinite
Anarchy Reigns
Grand Theft Auto V
Metal Gear Solid Rising
Prey 2
Risen 2
Tomb Raider
Borderlands 2
Assassin's Creed III
(DMC HD Collection)

and whatever I'm forgetting and what hasn't been announced yet. Not to even mention PSN & XBLA crap all over 3DS's digital service offerings-

Shiggy

Thanks for providing good reason for waiting for the 3DS revision. MK7 and Mario 3D Land just aren't enough, I really hope they'll put out some innovative titles finally.

Tadale

The distinct lack of a Metroid is a sore point. It would actually sell me the system.

I don't know if the problem is me or the lineup, but I'm a massive Nintendo fan of old and yet the only game on that list to raise an eyebrow is Paper Mario.

Either way, still waiting on the revision I think.

Metroid 5, 2D, uses the 3D to create multiple 2D layers on the screen. 2012.

My uncle works at Nintendo.

EDIT: He also said that Metroid doesn't talk in this one.

Crazy to think that in the span of 3 months, we're getting a brand new Mario game, a new Mario Kart AND a new mainline Resident Evil game!

Not a bad way to kick start 2012! And what a year it looks to be! The best thing of all is that that doesn't even include any new announcements to be made that year either (and we already know that a load of new IPs are coming from Nintendo at least! http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/10/nintendo_developing_new_game_genres_to_revitalise_3ds)

It's gonna be the DS' late 2005-2006, no doubt about it!

3ds_mario-tennis-3d_shot2.jpg

Just noticed this... Aren't the crowd the sprites from the gba game o_O.

No, all of the graphics and music seem to be lifted directly from Power Tennis on GCN, including the crowd sprites. It's obviously very early in development and all placeholder though (the way the HUD animates in the trailer is a dead giveaway). Here's hoping that we get a fully fledged RPG mode like the previous handheld Mario Tennis games!

pramath

Banned
That lineup does look great, particularly Luigi and Paper Mario.

I'm waiting on the redesign still, hope it comes early 2012.
No chance. Earliest we are looking at is Holiday 2012, and that is unlikely considering Nintendo will be focusing on the Wii U then. Early 2013 is the safest bet, I'd say.

depward

So psyched. Actually purchased my 3DS due to NEED FOR Animal Crossing 3D!

Been happily playing Super Mario 3D Land, Cave Story, PES, RE: Mercs + Street Fighter.

2012 looks stacked. Very much excited. Actually SUPER excited for:

1) Animal Crossing
2) Tennis
3) Bravely Default

Grisby

Lotta stuff. I'll give it that. A lot of the stuff doesn't really interest me though.

Resident Evil Revelations is the only standout need it now thing for me. I might finally try a monster hunter game, that screenie looks great.

Paper Mario and Mario Tennis ASAP, plz. Luigi's Mansion 2 I'll give a shot. Kid Icarus, ehh, not too sure about.

An F-Zero game in 3D would melt brains too. Get on it, Nintendo!

Boney

Banned
Legends 3 is still dead

Unless they completely revamp the AI and map design, I don't even think there is a need for crouch walking in MGS3.

Well, the whole point was that it was gonna be naked sample thingy. But alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Crazy to think that in the span of 3 months, we're getting a brand new Mario game, a new Mario Kart AND a new mainline Resident Evil game!

Not a bad way to kick start 2012! And what a year it looks to be! The best thing of all is that that doesn't even include any new announcements to be made that year either (and we already know that a load of new IPs are coming from Nintendo at least! http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/10/nintendo_developing_new_game_genres_to_revitalise_3ds)

It's gonna be the DS' late 2005-2006, no doubt about it!

No, all of the graphics and music seem to be lifted directly from Power Tennis on GCN, including the crowd sprites. It's obviously very early in development and all placeholder though (the way the HUD animates in the trailer is a dead giveaway). Here's hoping that we get a fully fledged RPG mode like the previous handheld Mario Tennis games!

ahhh need to check this out later tonight to confirm. Speaking of gba, we also 'hopefully' will get our free 10 gba games in the next month or 2.

btw: isn't that 3ds update suppose to be out soon? nov is almost over.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
PES 2012 and Mario Kart should keep me busy in december. I might bite on Shinobi, Cave Story or Tales of the Abyss. On eShop I'll definitely get the game from Intelligent system, should be out soon.

Next year lineup is looking good, now all I want is Nintendo to announce FZero and Wave Race.

pramath

Banned
For people who want games like F-Zero, the 3DS could actually be the perfect home for some of Nintendo's second and third tier franchises like Kid Icarus and F-Zero. The hardware won't limit them, and developing games won't be too expensive, so they can still be profitable with a relatively modest amount of sales.

SykoTech

Only Paper Mario and Kingdom Hearts interest me. Sequels to "console games" which I was clearly told aren't suitable for handhelds. So I guess it's a bad lineup.

But "I don't want those kind of experiences on portables"

Yeah. Funny how that poor argument doesn't get brought up now that Nintendo's doing it.

ahhh need to check this out later tonight to confirm. Speaking of gba, we also 'hopefully' will get our free 10 gba games in the next month or 2.

btw: isn't that 3ds update suppose to be out soon? nov is almost over.

Should be, It'll probably be next Wednesday when they release the update though. I bet you that they'll release the GBA ambassador games on December 22nd (HERE'S YOUR XMAS PRESENT FROM US AT NINTENDO!!!)

Derrick01

Banned
Nah the pc/360/ps3 multiplatform list is much stronger.

I only see 1 game in that list that I could even be a little interested in playing and that's Paper Mario. I see the 3DS is mostly going to be a japanese game machine again (not a huge surprise or anything), meaning I'll likely have little interest in it.

Well, I'd hope they'd have the best line up for next year being the new system and all and everything else bar the vita is on its last legs.

K.Sabot

I feel bad that we are waiting for Kid Icarus so long, because from every impression I've gotten it's not a good game.

herod

Some good looking stuff.

Sort of on topic, what are they doing to MGS3D to make me want to play it after the HD version? Besides having it portable, I can't see a reason why I would want a lower resolution, lower framerate version of that game.

So tired of this kind of argument. Having it portable is the point. It's certainly the only way I'll ever get to play MGS. Allow us inferior portable gamers to look forward to something occasionally?

Top Bottom