• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 3DS Lineup For 2012 is HUGE... Best Lineup for any system next year

pramath

Banned
Okay yeah, it had a rough start, but Nintendo's already done a great job of rallying its troops, and it seems that next year, the 3DS really hits its stride and comes into its own. It is getting some absolutely massive games next year, and it seems like the handheld will finally begin to live up to the legacy of the DS.

LUIGI'S MANSION 2
luigis-mansion-2-e3-2011.jpg

ANIMAL CROSSING
tumblr_lbf0lynKbn1qecm1no1_400.jpg

HEROES OF RUIN
3ds_heroes-of-ruin_shot1.jpg

KID ICARUS: UPRISING
kidicarus.jpg

BEYOND THE LABYRINTH
beyond-the-labyrinth-20110916073903065.jpg

RESIDENT EVIL: REVELATIONS
resident-evil-3ds.jpg

PAPER MARIO
1540060-paper3_super.jpg

TIME TRAVELERS
Time-Travelers-PSV-PSP-400x240.jpg

TALES OF THE ABYSS 3D
tota3ds_screenshot.jpg

MARIO TENNIS
3ds_mario-tennis-3d_shot2.jpg

METAL GEAR SOLID 3D: SNAKE EATER
w8SNS.jpg

PROFESSOR LAYTON AND THE MASK OF MIRACLE
ss-010.jpg

FANTASY LIFE
ss_preview_fantasy_life_003.jpg.jpg

RHYTHM THIEF
rhythm-thief-and-the-emperors-treasure-screenshots-8.jpg

BRAVELY DEFAULT: FLYING FAIRY
Bravely_Default_920_screen6.jpg

TEKKEN 3D: PRIME EDITION
Tekken+3D+Prime-Edition_3DS.jpg

RAYMAN ORIGINS
Rayman-Origins1.jpg

FIRE EMBLEM
3dsfireemblem06.jpg

MONSTER HUNTER TRI G
MH3G-Screens_10-05.jpg

THEATRHYTHM: FINAL FANTASY
1837982-2132454236_full_super.jpg

KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: DREAM DROP DISTANCE
kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-distance-20110131094551750.jpg

CRUSHED 3D
Crush3D_96034_screen.jpg

And all of this is without including games like Lego City Stories and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games!

While some of these titles are not yet confirmed for 2012 in the west, most of them are, and others, like Professor Layton, are heavily rumored, with retail leaks pointing to a Fall 2012 release date. The 3DS 2012 lineup looks to be loaded! How many games will you buy?

PLEASE NOTE: Whereas I tried my very best to keep this post accurate and informative, I might have made errors. If this is the case, please point them out to me, and I shall rectify the mistake immediately.

The distinct lack of a Metroid is a sore point. It would actually sell me the system.

I don't know if the problem is me or the lineup, but I'm a massive Nintendo fan of old and yet the only game on that list to raise an eyebrow is Paper Mario.

Either way, still waiting on the revision I think.

"Best lineup for any system next year."

Well, it certainly looks better than the 3DS line-up from this year. Don't know if it's the best line-up for next year.

The distinct lack of a F-Zero is a sore point. It would actually sell me the system.

I don't know if the problem is me or the lineup, but I'm a massive Nintendo fan of old and yet the only game on that list to raise an eyebrow is Paper Mario.

fixed

Neiteio

Can't wait for Luigi's Mansion 2. Most wanted 3DS title next year, followed by Resident Evil Revelations and Kid Icarus Uprising.

Super Mario 3D Land has set the bar sky-high, though. And maybe Mario Kart 7 in a couple weeks will set it higher.

2012 will also have Starhawk and BioShock Infinite. It will be a glorious year.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
The Resident Evil Revelations screenshot is blocked because of hotlinking (you'd better rehost all the pictures, you never know what might show up in their place...).

Also, the Rayman Origins screenshot is actually a picture of Rayman 3D.

Delio

I wonder how long it will take for this thread to go south?

Anyways yeah getting most of these games. Cant wait.

jluedtke

But...but...I thought the 3DS was d00m3d! (z0rz)

Yeah, this is a nice lineup, and actually the first I've heard about Rhythm Thief. That sounds like a great concept!

jackdoe

So fucking stupid releasing Tales of Abyss 3DS in the US next year at PS Vita Launch PLUS within two weeks removed from the FFXIII-2 release. But next year is a great year for handheld titles with KH 3DS (fingers crossed that it releases in 2012 in the US) and Ys Celceta being my favorites on the 3DS and Vita respectively.

You mean, gasp, just like the DS before it, the 3DS has a weak first year and then comes swinging out of the gate in its second?

I am shocked.

The line-up will continue to improve just like its predecessor and almost every other young console of the past. In a few years the 3DS will probably be flooded with quality games just like the DS currently is.

pramath

Banned
The Resident Evil Revelations screenshot is blocked because of hotlinking (you'd better rehost all the pictures, you never know what might show up in their place...).

Also, the Rayman Origins screenshot is actually a picture of Rayman 3D.

Okay, I fixed Resident Evil, but I can't find any Origins screenshot at the proper resolution.
I'll try resizing and rehosting all the images.

There's some great games in there. Personally, I'm only interested in Luigi's Mansion 2, Resident Evil: Revelations and Kid Icarus.

I'll probably play more on my Vita though.

Rhythm Thief looks to be the best up there, I cant wait for that one. Fire Emblem will be nice if it leaves Japan, and then there is Bravely Default, which seems like it could be a blast. Beyond the Labyrinth as well, hopefully Sakuraba is on board for the soundtrack?

Mario Tennis is the only first party one I want.

Tri G looks like its pushing the 3DS hardware, wow.

Lothars

"Best lineup for any system next year."

Well, it certainly looks better than the 3DS line-up from this year. Don't know if it's the best line-up for next year.

fixed
Agreed, I think it's a good year for the system but I would say the PS3, PC and 360 have better lineup's in 2012 at least to me.

I see probably 6 games I will at least play but it's a good lineup.

I have RE:Rev on pre-order.

It's funny, if the game weren't $40 on Amazon, I probably would have just waited to buy it. But since it was $10 off, I felt like I was sticking it to Capcom.

But in the end, their weird pricing got me to buy a game I otherwise would not have immediately.

:(

NomarTyme

Only game I really want is Monster hunter TRI! also I like Lugi Mansion and Paper Mario too. i guess we'll have to wait till 2013 till the RPGs start rolling in the deep. Although this year RPG line up is no slouch.

IllumiNate

Paper Mario, Layton, Monster Hunter,and Fire Emblem. Decent year I guess doesnt compare to the PS3 lineup but still good non the less

The 3DS lineup is incredible and there still is going to be a bunch of anounced titles for Holiday 2012 like Nintendo usually does at E3 and GDC.

Is uh, Rayman Origins supposed to be Rayman 2? Or am I just confused?

You're confused. There was a Rayman port(I think Rayman 2, not sure) that was released near launch.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Paper Mario, Layton, Monster Hunter,and Fire Emblem. Decent year I guess doesnt compare to the PS3 lineup but still good non the less

What PS3 lineup? I'm genuinely curious--I haven't heard of many good games coming next year for PS3.

Tadale

Some good looking stuff.

Sort of on topic, what are they doing to MGS3D to make me want to play it after the HD version? Besides having it portable, I can't see a reason why I would want a lower resolution, lower framerate version of that game.

The 3DS lineup is incredible and there still is going to be a bunch of anounced titles for Holiday 2012 like Nintendo usually does at E3 and GDC.

You're confused. There was a Rayman port(I think Rayman 2, not sure) that was released near launch.

I was referring to the screenshot in the OP. So that's just a wrong pic?

I sort of posted on this topic in the Tales of the Abyss 3DS thread and was surprised at the response. The 3DS will have a stronger line up then I would have guessed. Makes picking up one of those holiday bundles that much more enticing

Famassu said:
HamPster PamPster said:
This is probably off topic, but how is the 3DS looking as an RPG system?
Quite decent, actually, especially if the pace keeps getting better or even stays the same in the coming years, or at least doesn't slow down noticeably. Basically:

Paper Mario 3D
Kingdom Hearts DDD
Beyond the Labyrinth
Bravely Default
SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Tales of the Abyss
Fantasy Life
Heroes of Ruin
Rune Factory 4
Fire Emblem
Inazuma Eleven Go

I think that's most of what we know is coming for 3DS, unless I'm forgetting some (there's Monster Hunter 3G & 4, but I don't know if those are considered RPGs). And of course you can expect Pokemon to hit 3DS eventually.

It's not a massive list, but RPGs can be slow to move from one generation to the next and the list already has some promising Nintendo, Square Enix, Tri-Ace & Level 5 love. Apart from the couple that've been released already, those are 2012 releases. Hopefully 2013 will be as good for 3DS RPGs as 2012 is shaping up to be.

redlemon

A bit unfair to claim that but I do agree theirs a solid line up for 3DS next year. If only the could step up their game for the eshop. They should be hitting a game a week.

Some good looking stuff.

Sort of on topic, what are they doing to MGS3D to make me want to play it after the HD version? Besides having it portable, I can't see a reason why I would want a lower resolution, lower framerate version of that game.

Nothing.

Gyroscope controls for aiming?, having the HD version I don't see anyone going with such a cheap port.

Lucentto

Banned
More 2012 OTs should appear, since I love planning purchases. Though I am still at a loss of I should get the 3DS now and the Vita later. Or the Vita on launch, and the 3DS later.

jackdoe

Nothing.

Gyroscope controls for aiming?, having the HD version I don't see anyone going with such a cheap port.
You get crouch walking and Peace Walker controls. However, the cons are you get some really piss poor graphics AND Peace Walker controls.

More 2012 OTs should appear, since I love planning purchases. Though I am still at a loss of I should get the 3DS now and the Vita later. Or the Vita on launch, and the 3DS later.
3DS now since it's on sale (OOT Bundle looks nice) and Vita later, maybe at launch depending on how rich you are.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Even with its (well-documented) flaws, I'm loving Four Heroes of Light right now, so Bravely Default is looking even more and more interesting. Also I totally forgot about Crush being made for the system, there is one game that will probably be great in 3D. Gonna definitely be picking up one of these badboys next year sometime.

Top Bottom