• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "95% of the best games are multi-platform" Narrative

Just the opposite. It removes all Xbox exclusives (and Horizon Zero Dawn).

And I'm just as big (or bigger) of a Nintendo fan than I am PlayStation.

Who cares if it removes all Xbox exclusives. And idc if you love Nintendo, you clearly despise MS.

You include multiplats that are on PC as exclusives because the Sony list is vastly different otherwise. Again, the only narrative here is yours.

Vawn

Banned
Who cares if it removes all Xbox exclusives. And idc if you love Nintendo, you clearly despise MS.

You include multiplats that are on PC as exclusives because the Sony list is vastly different otherwise. Again, the only narrative here is yours.

God of War (Not on PC)
The Last of Us Part 2 (Not on PC)
Bloodborne (Not on PC)
Persona 5 Royal (Not on PC)
Horizon Zero Dawn (is on PC)
Marvel's Spider-Man (Not on PC)
Uncharted The Lost Legacy (Not on PC)
Ghost of Tsushima (Not on PC)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Not on PC)
Ratchet and Clank (Not on PC)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (Not on PC)
Dreams (Not on PC)
Tetris Effect VR (Not on PC)

One game on my list is also on PC. ONE. That's vastly different? Just give up, lol.

Go ahead and include PC. All Nintendo games stay the same. All PS4 games except HZD stay the same. Both (they only had two, both Forza) Xbox games are removed leaving MS with zero.

Is that better?

Remember it was MICROSOFT who coined the term "console exclusive", not Sony or Nintendo.

Last edited:
God of War (Not on PC)
The Last of Us Part 2 (Not on PC)
Bloodborne (Not on PC)
Persona 5 Royal (Not on PC)
Horizon Zero Dawn (is on PC)
Marvel's Spider-Man (Not on PC)
Uncharted The Lost Legacy (Not on PC)
Ghost of Tsushima (Not on PC)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Not on PC)
Ratchet and Clank (Not on PC)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (Not on PC)
Dreams (Not on PC)
Tetris Effect VR (Not on PC)

One game on my list is also on PC. ONE. That's vastly different? Just give up, lol.

Go ahead and include PC. All Nintendo games stay the same. All PS4 games except HZD stay the same. Both (they only had two, both Forza) Xbox games are removed leaving MS with zero.

Is that better?

Remember it was MICROSOFT who coined the term "console exclusive", not Sony or Nintendo.

If you’re limiting it to a certain number of good games, sure. But unfortunately for you and your agenda/narrative, that’s not how math works.

Again, out of the top 200 reviewed releases, of which there were 189 actual games, 90% were multiplat. If I went higher the % would go higher. What you’re doing is limiting the criteria to fit your narrative. Also what happens next year when the FF7RemakePartOne is ported elsewhere? lol

I wasn’t aware MS invented console exclusives. I remember Sony signing Tomb Raider away from other consoles during the PSone era, did MS do it sometime before this? And what does this have to do with anything anyway?

Vawn

Banned
I wasn’t aware MS invented console exclusives. I remember Sony signing Tomb Raider away from other consoles during the PSone era, did MS do it sometime before this? And what does this have to do with anything anyway?

I'm talking about the term to talk about games that aren't on other platforms but ARE on PC. It was Xbox who used that phrase to talk about "exclusives" at E3.

And what narrative. I listed the top 25 lists as well as the top 50 list. I wasn't JUST listing the PS exclusives, because otherwise I would have had a TON more games like Days Gone, Until Dawn, inFamous, etc.

Yes, if you change it to the top 1000 or something stupid, more become multi-platform. That's kind of the point. The exclusives are at the top of the list.

And are you actually looking at top overall games or just top Xbox games? Because, yes, you're right, the majority of the top Xbox games are multi-platform. That doesn't hold true for PlayStation and Nintendo.

Still you said if we took out the console exclusives that were on PX out, the list would look "Completely different ". You were wrong. Take the L and move on.

Last edited:
Again, depends on how you frame "top games". If you're talking top 10 or something, nah. But then again what a pointless exercise that is. If you're talking about the good games on the console, the PS4 has hundreds. A vast majority of those are multiplats. You can have 8-9 god multiplat games for every 1 good exclusive. That's the reality and that's what people are saying when they say most good games are MP.

I have explained to you like three times now, 90%+ of the top games on PS4 are multiplat. The only difference between your number and mine is you arbitrarily capped it at the top 25 or top 50 or whatever. I went deeper because I prefer facts to your narrative ;) I'll take your offer and move on now.

Vawn

Banned
Hate to break the news to you Sandy but a majority of those PS exclusives are all available PS now on PC.

Except that isn't true either. A few of the big ones were available for a couple weeks, most never.

Now, many of big PS3 games are available. PS4, not yet at least for most of the big games. Plus, why would you want to stream games to a PC?

Last edited:

CitizenX

Banned
Except that isn't true either. A few of the big ones were available for a couple weeks, most never.

Now, many of big PS3 games are available. PS4, not yet at least for most of the big games. Plus, why would you want to stream games to a PC?

Absolutley not, however if they offer same practice as MS with download yes. Just a matter of time.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
At least 95% of the game I own are exclusives. Hell, I think my top 100 is probably the same percentage.
Exactly. I've bought ps4 for exclusives and that's all I buy in it. Horizon and Death Stranding came out on pc, sure but that's years later.
And so it happens I play more of those fewer exclusives than all those multiplats

Ellery

To be fair I have not heard that narrative very often that 95% of the best games are multi platform.
Looking at the quality of exclusives and the exclusives we have had since the dawn of gaming I wonder why anyone would think that. Most multi platform games are boring 6/10 bland games.

Is there anyone on Neogaf that genuinely thinks multi platform games are better than the exclusive masterpieces we have seen?

Magik85

At least 95% of the game I own are exclusives. Hell, I think my top 100 is probably the same percentage.
PS4 player here....and i think in my case its exactly other way arround.
Vast majority of my libary are multiplatforms. And my top games of this generation are also multiplatforms (TW3 + RDR)....same was in PS3/Xbox360 gen (Mass Effecr series, RDR, GTA5)
Most exclusives have been for me disappointing.

odhiex

Multi-platforms are great, but to sell a system you gotta have some great exclusives Man.

Ask Nintendo or Sony how they built their brands (system) for decades.

In your conversations with gamers, I bet you would mention or identify the PS1, NES, PS2, SNES, Gamecube, heck even the XBOX original with their exclusive games.

What would people brings in 10-15 years from now, talking about the legacy of XBOX one? The great Gamepass?? Hahaha.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Its all down to taste, i love the spiderman game and its in my top game list but not a massive fan of other sony games. i like a lot of other games that are multiplayer games and that’s not Sony’s strength really.

Airola

I've said this before but if I was a world dictator I would force all games be exclusives for one system.

I would bring back the feel and sense of identity to consoles and computers.
If a developer would want to make, say, 'The Dragon Hero Vengeance' to multiple consoles, they could do it but the games would have to be drastically different or at the very least look noticeably different from each other. If the only difference would be the frame rate or the resolution or changes in some shadow effects or something like that, it wouldn't be allowed.

In my ideal world multiplatform games would be like Jurassic Park on SNES & Genesis/Mega Drive. Or like Dead Rising on 360 and Wii.
If I had to stretch a bit, I would allow multiplatform games be like the Ghostbusters game on Wii versus the versions on other platforms. It looked clearly different even though the game itself I think was the same.

Top Bottom