• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Race!

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Anyone else enjoy the goofy reality show the Amazing race? I think it is pretty fun and have watched it for several seasons. It is the one reality show I would be willing participate in.

Show starts tonight in the US.

I know their are foreign versions but I have never seen them.

New cast
amazing-race-season-34.webp

Look at the cast and pick who you think will win.

abby-and-will-amazing-race-34.jpg
aubrey-and-david-amazing-race-34.jpg
derek-and-claire-amazing-race-34.jpg
emily-and-molly-amazing-race-34.jpg
glenda-and-lumumba-amazing-race-34.jpg
linton-and-sharik-amazing-race-34.jpg
luis-and-michelle-amazing-race-34.jpg
marcus-and-michael-amazing-race-34.jpg
quinton-and-mattie-amazing-race-34.jpg
rich--dom-amazing-race-34.jpg
tim-and-rex-amazing-race-34.jpg

Eliminated teams:
aastha-and-nina-amazing-race-34.jpg
tim-and-rex-amazing-race-34.jpg

Last edited:
I enjoy the show, but with the new season having chartered flights so everyone is on the same flight, I will miss the differences in flights where being smart there can get you a lead. Granted, I get this reason (covid worries) and why production started limiting the number of flights in the past because it took away some of the drama (if I remember correctly one season a team got almost a day ahead of the pack so it was obvious who would win).

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The Australian version is both great and terrible at the same time.

Nobody got eaten by crocs in FNQ though. "lollipop_disappointed:

Last edited:
I enjoy the show, but with the new season having chartered flights so everyone is on the same flight, I will miss the differences in flights where being smart there can get you a lead. Granted, I get this reason (covid worries) and why production started limiting the number of flights in the past because it took away some of the drama (if I remember correctly one season a team got almost a day ahead of the pack so it was obvious who would win).
charted flights? that's dumb

part of the fun is seeing the teams search for different flights to get ahead, or seeing teams get screwed because their flight got delayed or missed their connection.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
charted flights? that's dumb

part of the fun is seeing the teams search for different flights to get ahead, or seeing teams get screwed because their flight got delayed or missed their connection.
Agreed, but I don’t think the flying world is back to consistency yet to rely on it.

I remember episodes where flights put people an entire day behind.

Agreed, but I don’t think the flying world is back to consistency yet to rely on it.

I remember episodes where flights put people an entire day behind.
iirc one team got so far behind that all other teams had started the next leg already and Phil had to stay behind to eliminate them at the airport

Rockondevil

Gold Member
Might watch the US show as I haven't before. The AUS one is ok, but this current season that's still going is definitely see how many minorities we can cram in.

Laieon

I don't like how hard it is to find previous seasons. Paramount + only has the most recent one. It's a fun show to throw on when I'm studying or grading papers.

Last edited:

They could do time penalties, making people wait at the arrival airport the amount of time they arrived after the 1st team.

What is that?
It’s the Amazing Race dialed up to 10. It’s a French TV show where teams of 2 have to hitchhike their way across a continent. They have no money so they can’t pay taxis to get around and they have to look for their own places to sleep at night. The challenges in between are more interested and you get to see regular people live in the country that they are travelling across.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Pretty good opening episode, which had task that you could complete in any order all around the city. It added to teams not knowing what anyone else was doing. Pretty good way to mix it up. Also new this season, is someone leaves every leg.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Still in Germany, but they went to Austria and Innsbruck. A town I enjoyed one time. Football coach Rex Ryan was eliminated.

Top Bottom