• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game Delayed Indefinitely for Xbox One [Up: Released]

http://gamershonesttruth.com/amazing-spiderman-2-game-delayed-indefinitely-for-xbox-one/
Yesterday, sources close to Activision brought to our attention The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game has been delayed indefinitely on Xbox One. This news was further substantiated by the cancelling of my pre-order at local EB Games outlet. Today it appears that official websites have also been updated removing Xbox One from the list of available platforms for this title.

We will keep you up to date as more information becomes available.

Game is available on Microsoft Windows, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One (delayed), iOS, Android.

UPDATE: Activition confirmed it: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-release-for-amazing-spider-man-2-tbd/0131293
“We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One,” a release schedule update from Activision confirmed. “When and whether ASM2 is released on Xbox One is TBD.”

Hip Hop

The xbox one version of the amazing spider man 2 seems to have been cancelled.

The xbone version seems to have been pulled from the offical site and there is no longer and option to preorder it, the xbone cover is also no longer to be seen on the offical site.
Another member from germany reported that a major german retailer sent a mail to customers, saying that the publisher cancelled and pulled all the xbox one versions.

sdsds.png

Well, there you have it. Good thing im a playstation user. :D

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
"The Reason for the delay is not known at this time but could it have something to do with the fact that Sony is producing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie?"

Do people still not realize that SCE and Sony Pictures are basically two different companies?

Weird, doubt it has much to do with Sony producing the movie though. Likely wasn't ready. Doesn't really seem ready on any platform though.

AniHawk

"The Reason for the delay is not known at this time but could it have something to do with the fact that Sony is producing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie?"

Do people still not realize that SCE and Sony Pictures are basically two different companies?

the dumbest part is not just that there are also wii u and 3ds versions also available, but the xbox 360 version still appears to be in the cards

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Maybe never got through certification or something? Sony as in the games part wouldn't have had anything to do with this I don't think.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the movie. In the end, its a Spiderman game and there is no favorism especially when Xbox 360 is getting the game. Remember when people thought Microsoft is moneyhatting Titanfall when it turns out that wasn't the case? Its Activision! They love Microsoft.

I bet it has to do with the game not meeting a required standard. It looks pretty average even on PS4. I mean the Wii U version exists! Vita version is missing yet 3DS version exists.

I can't wait to see what the reason is behind it, and if a copy or footage may leak or not.

shink

Will Vita users get the game before the release of ASM3, just like they released the first one late last year

Too busy making exclusive dlc costumes instead of coding the game .

Literally put my ebgames preorder down 4 hrs ago so will be pissed if it's delayed , they have been very sparse on vids , details in this game so I expect it's having technical problems .

Eusis

Or that if this was a serious issue it'd have likely come up a long, long time ago? And that it's still on 360/Wii U/3DS?

It's interesting though and definitely raises questions, but those could be related to how Activision seems to hand licenses. Maybe the fact they'd be willing to drop the license almost at a drop of a hat clashes badly with Microsoft policies on digital availability? Although if it's not a licensing or policy clash that leaves it as most likely that either there's esoteric issues with getting the game to run on XB1 and so it's easier to just dump that (very plausible with how little Activision can care about licenses) or maybe the XB1 really is doing badly enough to not warrant keeping it on that platform... but why release on Wii U then?

Doombacon

Too busy making exclusive dlc costumes instead of coding the game .

Literally put my ebgames preorder down 4 hrs ago so will be pissed if it's delayed , they have been very sparse on vids , details in this game so I expect it's having technical problems .

Why are you preordering a game you expect to have technical problems?

KHlover

Banned
This is unexpected to say the least. Wonder why the WiiU version wasn't cut. Maybe they are banking on the younger audience of the WiiU to buy (well, their parents) the game and have no such faith in the Xbox One audience?

No idea.

Eusis

It's probably a temporary setback like Xbox certification.
Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw the topic since "indefinitely" means "delayed until I DON'T KNOW STOP BUGGING ME" just like it may mean "we're probably canning it." But they actively removed the cover from the site and pre-orders got canceled. That screams that either there was a serious issue, or it was that temporary setback but rather than just delay the game they go "fuck it cancel that version we're continuing with the others."

... Which actually wouldn't be a surprise if Microsoft was mandating simultaneous/early releases or never, and hitting the movie's release was THAT important to Activision or Sony Pictures.

EDIT: Yeah, game's out 4/29, movie 5/2... if it's seriously canceled period and will never come out I'm definitely expecting it's Activision dealing with a relatively minor snag in the most extreme way possible thanks to a possible Microsoft policy. And if so this is the most visibly public incident we've seen.

fedexpeon

Banned
This is unexpected to say the least. Wonder why the WiiU version wasn't cut. Maybe they are banking on the younger audience of the WiiU to buy (well, their parents) the game and have no such faith in the Xbox One audience?

No idea.

Then why the 360?
PS4/X1 are the same audience.
This has to be the weirdest and craziness news I heard all day on the gaming side.
NPD thread will be meh if Activision speaks out on this.
The game is due in a few weeks...why delay/cancel the game now?
Is there a cause in the contract that forces all version of the game to be released at the same as the movie?
That would be dumb...but wow, all those revenues from the X1 fanbase. It has to be an easy port since you have the PS4 up and running.

I'd probably guess it's more due to a crippling bug in the Xbone version than anything more conspiratorial. You have to wonder whether it's even worth them releasing the game in six or eight weeks once the hype from the film has all passed.

Bluth54

Yeah that's really stupid. Especially considering Spider-Man movie games have appeared on all platforms in the past, as well as other Sony movie franchises like Ghostbusters and James Bond.

Top Bottom