• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazon Lord of the Rings series synopsis has been revealed

I'm glad it's not just a repeat of the movies but will take place thousands of years earlier, when the ring was forged. I'm hyped!

“Amazon Studios’ forthcoming series brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Age of Middle-earth’s history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘The Lord of the Rings,’ and will take viewers back to an era in which great powers were forged, kingdoms rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cover all the world in darkness. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-earth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mountains, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindon, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númenor, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.”

Ballthyrm

I guess they are doing The fall of Numenor, pretty cool story.
The crazy part is the amount of money they are pouring into it.

Right now the budget is higher than GoT on a per episode basis

Last edited:

Furlong

Banned
British comedian Lenny Henry is going to be in this and is supposedly playing one of the blue wizards.

Not quite on the same acting level as Ian McKellen and Christopher Lee - or even Sylvester McCoy.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

A lot of this is the Simirilian. It deals with the second age. I thought it had been known for a while it was second age LOTR, and that the Tolkien estate required close adherence to the stories.

gioGAF

Hoping for some dragons in this. Since GoT left a bad taste, I hope there is some next level Smaug action in this.

AJUMP23

The second age of man is also where the rings of power are made and distributed. That makes for a compelling story I think. The rise of Sauron after Morogoth leaves and then the rings of power are created.

Mistake

“Amazon Studios’ forthcumming series brings to screens for the very first time the heroic legends of the fabled Second Cage of Middle-girth’s history. This epic drama is set thousands of years before the events of J.R.R. Tolkien’s ‘The Midget’ and ‘The Lord of the Cock Rings,’ and will take viewers back to an era in which great shafts were engorged, orgies rose to glory and fell to ruin, unlikely heroes were tested, hope hung by the finest of threads, and the greatest villain that ever flowed from Tolkien’s pen threatened to cover all the world in shit. Beginning in a time of relative peace, the series follows an ensemble cast of characters, both familiar and new, as they confront the long-feared re-emergence of evil to Middle-girth. From the darkest depths of the Misty Mellons, to the majestic forests of the elf-capital of Lindick, to the breathtaking island kingdom of Númewhore, to the furthest reaches of the map, these kingdoms and characters will carve out legacies that live on long after they are gone.”
fixed

Top Bottom