• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S2 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
just wanted to chime in and say I just started watching, up to epi 3 and this show is amazing. Minblowing performances by the two leads, and a lot more action than I thought there would be

a damn great show

I don't know why everyone thinks Stan abandoned Nina. My take is that the Russians faked the letter that said "tell Nina I'm sorry". This way, when Stan goes to his meeting spot, Nina never shows up because she thinks Stan left her out to dry. Then Stan becomes even MORE alone and despondent and susceptible to manipulation. It's all a long game /tinfoilhat

I think Stan gave them what they wanted, and I think in Season 3 we will learn that they will use it to get more out of Stan.

Quidam

I thought it was clear that the letter was fake. I think the season is still on my DVR, so I'll check again.

I thought it was clear that it wasn't fake? What's the evidence?

Stan watched her get taken away with an apologetic look on her face - because he'd caused it, no?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yeah. Stan went right up to the edge of majorly betraying his country, and stepped back.

Quick heads up that they're doing a panel at NY Comic Con next week. Andy Greenwald is hosting, and most of the primary cast will be there.
The Americans: Discussion/Q&A
Fri. October 10| 3:15 PM - 4:00 PM | 1A06

The Americans is a critically-acclaimed period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. during the Cold War shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. Stars Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, Noah Emmerich and Annet Mahendru, and Executive Producers Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields discuss recreating this intense time in American history for today’s viewers. Moderator: Andy Greenwald, Grantland.
Link.

I was at the panel and there was nothing of interest said about Season 3. They start shooting on Monday, wow.

Only thing of interest was the free/give away gym bags that had The Americans logo printed on them (I took 7) and the whole panel had on shirts that said "Commie Con" and the O's were the hammer and sickle.

I was at the panel and there was nothing of interest said about Season 3. They start shooting on Monday, wow.

Only thing of interest was the free/give away gym bags that had The Americans logo printed on them (I took 7) and the whole panel had on shirts that said "Commie Con" and the O's were the hammer and sickle.
can I have one of them bags lol

Holy shit. Do you have any extra shirts?

They didnt give away the shirts..Matthew Rhys came up with the idea and had them made for the panel.

As for the bags..I'll ask my gf how many she wants to keep after that I can pass some along.

This is the best pic my gf got of the shirt. I was mistaken, its the C not the O.
hltmP3h.jpg

Here's the bag.

We are keeping 4 bags. 3 are up for grabs.
1)-Pyromaniac-
2)RatskyWatsky
Not sure if Cornballer is big on TV show give away crap but if he is he can have it. He's the main man when it comes to these threads. If not, whoever wants it...

Just PM me your info and I'll get to the post office on Tuesday or Wednesday. Shippings on me.

----
Also..now that I'm at the computer and can type easier...it was a good thing Matthew Rhys and Andy Greenwald were there to keep the panel lively and moving. A lot of typical awkward Q&A questions that no one knew how to answer but Rhys kept his answers pretty humorous while Greenwald is the best when it comes to discussing TV.

I've been to Q&As for some shows and movies but only one other time at a convention (Oldboy, last year) and I am amazed at how the crowd behaves. For the first 15 minutes of The Americans panel half the crowd only cared about taking pictures of the cast with their gigantic sideways cell phones. My gf took a few pictures when they first sat down, put the camera away and listened to what they cast had to say. I thought even that was intrusive. Why does everyone have to document where they were? The lady next to me took pictures for 20 minutes then texted the pictures to people for the next 15.

This is the best pic my gf got of the shirt. I was mistaken, its the C not the O.

Here's the bag.

1)-Pyromaniac-
2)RatskyWatsky
Not sure if Cornballer is big on TV show give away crap but if he is he can have it. He's the main man when it comes to these threads. If not, whoever wants it...

Just PM me your info and I'll get to the post office on Tuesday or Wednesday. Shippings on me.

I'd be happy to take one if nobody beats me to the punch. If not I understand.

Its yours if Cornballers out. I'll PM you...

I'm good, just give it to FUBAR. Thanks for thinking of me, HIGH DEF JEFF - very kind of you.

Well, didn't expect to actually get it so thank you!

I feel bad I just swooped in here and sniped it but as long as Cornballer is okay without it...

EDIT: HDJ, I can certainly pay for shipping. You were sending it to buddies and since I haven't posted in this thread much at all I figure I might as well pay my way a bit.

I've been to Q&As for some shows and movies but only one other time at a convention (Oldboy, last year) and I am amazed at how the crowd behaves. For the first 15 minutes of The Americans panel half the crowd only cared about taking pictures of the cast with their gigantic sideways cell phones. My gf took a few pictures when they first sat down, put the camera away and listened to what they cast had to say. I thought even that was intrusive. Why does everyone have to document where they were? The lady next to me took pictures for 20 minutes then texted the pictures to people for the next 15.
ugh I hate that about this generation. It's more important to tweet and post facebook messages about how cool it is where are right now and instagram it and everything else than it is to actually be in the moment and enjoy it.

edit: Also I was just joking asking for the bag haha didn't expect JEFF to be so nice. Very HIGH DEF of him.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
1)-Pyromaniac-
2)RatskyWatsky

You're the best :3 Thanks so much! <3

Linius

Wow, these shirts look really cool :p

I'd love to visit these Q&A sessions some day, too bad they only do that kinda thing in the States :(

Pretty sure I heard Tony Kornheiser say he was missing his radio show for Thursday and Friday of this week to film a cameo in Season 3.

- THR: 'The Americans' Adds Julia Garner
Julia Garner is joining FX's spy drama The Americans.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower actress will recur as Kimberly Breland, a young woman who unexpectedly — and dangerously — crosses paths with the Jennings (Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys). The series follows the KGB officer couple as they attempt to blend in as a suburban family in Washington D.C. in the 1980s.

Garner was also featured in Martha Marcy May Marlene, and just finished shooting the co-lead opposite Lily Tomlin in Paul Weitz’s next film, Grandma. She’s repped at UTA, Authentic Management, and Sloane Offer Weber Dern.

The Americans, which also co-stars Noah Emmerich and Annet Mahendru, will return with its third season in January 2015.

Looking on Amazon, they only have a listing for Season 2 on DVD.... Are they seriously skipping a Blu-ray release? I need to see that 69 again in full HD!

Looking on Amazon, they only have a listing for Season 2 on DVD.... Are they seriously skipping a Blu-ray release?
From TVshowsonDVD:
This year, Fox has been cutting back on Blu-ray Disc releases for TV shows whose most recent season (or volume) set releases on BD just didn't have enough sales to justify the format. Apparently The Americans is one of these, as The Complete 2nd Season is being announced for DVD format only. Perhaps you and I were buying the Blu versions of those seasons, but not enough other people have been! This is just the latest of a very long line of TV shows which aren't getting a Blu-ray edition this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom