• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - S3 of the KGB spy drama - Keri Russell & Matthew Rhys - Wed on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have that annoying actor from TBBT winning like every year or something. Even he said it has become a joke.

Ridiculous snubs are one thing, which I see quite a few every year. But I'm pretty sure Julianna Margulies is completely missing from the noms just because the academy felt like punishing her for the off-screen drama with her co-star. How does she go from winning one year to being completely missing another?

I'm not saying I'm not pissed as fuck about that whole on-set situation, but to let it affect your judgement, come the fuck on.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Another year, another lack of best drama nom at the Emmys for The Americans. And no actor or actress. Or supporting. Margo Martindale made it for guest actress though. And best writing for "Do Mail Robots Dream of Electric Sheep."

Shame.

I'm surprised Margo got another nomination though. The Emmys really love her, at least. :)

-griffy-

Banned
Shame.

I'm surprised Margo got another nomination though. The Emmys really love her, at least. :)

On further reflection, it's actually surprising she got guest nom for appearing in one fine but unremarkable scene over Lois Smith who dominated the episode that got the writing nom.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
On further reflection, it's actually surprising she got guest nom for appearing in one fine but unremarkable scene over Lois Smith who dominated the episode that got the writing nom.

I doubt the Emmy voters actually watch The Americans lol. If they did, surely it would have received more nominations, including one for the more than deserving Lois Smith.

-griffy-

Banned
To the Emmy voters:
rapUiPI.gif

Ridiculous snubs are one thing, which I see quite a few every year. But I'm pretty sure Julianna Margulies is completely missing from the noms just because the academy felt like punishing her for the off-screen drama with her co-star. How does she go from winning one year to being completely missing another?

I'm not saying I'm not pissed as fuck about that whole on-set situation, but to let it affect your judgement, come the fuck on.

That show took a dive in quality, imo. So I'm not surprised.

Audioboxer

This was a complete surprise for me, pretty much went in blind needing something to watch. Love it and sad it doesn't get a lot more viewers.

Heck Justified as well. It is one of my all time shows and hardly anyone I know watches/watched it.

That show took a dive in quality, imo. So I'm not surprised.

There were a few episodes midseason that dragged their feet a bit, and the Kalinda/Alicia thing left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, but that doesn't detract from an amazing first half and stellar few episodes leading up to the end. In any case, Margulies' work is always on-point, putting questions of her personality aside.

calder

There's an Americans marathon on FX Canada and its early in season 1 right now. Just started on "Gregory", what a fucking great episode and character. Watching his team working surveillance on the FBI surveillance team is just perfect TV.

-griffy-

Banned
Was there anything of interest out of the panel? I did a quick web search and couldn't find anything about it.
No not really anything new. It was one of the show runners, the writers and a couple editors, so it was more about the process of making the show. It was interesting from that perspective, but they didn't really tease anything from next season at all.

More Nina's always good!

Forgot to share with AmericansGAF, I bumped into Matthew Rhys at the Angelika (NYC) a few weeks ago! I was leaving the bathroom before a screening of Room, heading to the concession stand, and my brother mentioned that he walked in after us. Being completely oblivious to things like that (and not believing my brother as he's sort of a moderate fan of the show) I thought nothing of it... until he came strolling up to concessions after us! My bro starts flipping a little but I'm playing it cool, wanting to hear him speak before I confirm it's him. He obliges, shattering every doubt in my mind. I introduce myself, shake his hand, tell him how great I think he (and the show) is and he says we made his day! He then proceeds to the same showing of Room my brother and I attended, so not only is his a nice guy he has great taste in film too. We saw him on the way out after and he even said bye! THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE JUST LIKE US! Heh.

-griffy-

Banned
More Nina's always good!

Forgot to share with AmericansGAF, I bumped into Matthew Rhys at the Angelika (NYC) a few weeks ago! I was leaving the bathroom before a screening of Room, heading to the concession stand, and my brother mentioned that he walked in after us. Being completely oblivious to things like that (and not believing my brother as he's sort of a moderate fan of the show) I thought nothing of it... until he came strolling up to concessions after us! My bro starts flipping a little but I'm playing it cool, wanting to hear him speak before I confirm it's him. He obliges, shattering every doubt in my mind. I introduce myself, shake his hand, tell him how great I think he (and the show) is and he says we made his day! He then proceeds to the same showing of Room my brother and I attended, so not only is his a nice guy he has great taste in film too. We saw him on the way out after and he even said bye! THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE JUST LIKE US! Heh.

That's awesome!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
More Nina's always good!

Sounds like a cool guy, thanks for sharing :)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
More Nina's always good!

omg

That's so neat!

IronRinn

More Nina's always good!

Awesome.

demolitio

More Nina's always good!

Glad he's a nice guy. I wish he would have a bigger part in The Bastard Executioner since his acting is so much better than the others.

-griffy-

Banned
Eh, more time in Jan/Feb for other shows then!
That was kind of my thought too. I just saw a tweet earlier today that said in a 7-week period in November/December, Netflix and Amazon will be putting out 11 full seasons of television. How the hell do you deal with that? There's shit actually on TV I'm trying to watch! There's shit like Jane the Virgin that just hit streaming I gotta catch up on!

Silkworm

Nice for me! I still have season three of the Americans sitting on my DVR along with the last season of Justified. I don't know why I keep putting it off but I need to burn though these sooner than later (also I have the 1st season of iZombie... I'm running out of room on my DVR so I better get on it).

A couple small tidbits:

- Annet Mahendru interview with IGN (Some teases about S4, but no real spoilers I can see.)

- The Wrap: Boris Krutonog to Return for ‘The Americans’ Season 4 (Oleg's dad)

Very cool!

What is the best way to catch up on this show? Amazon streaming? I need to watch Season 2 and Season 3. It disappoints me that FX decided not to release both of those seasons on bluray.

What is the best way to catch up on this show? Amazon streaming? I need to watch Season 2 and Season 3. It disappoints me that FX decided not to release both of those seasons on bluray.
Amazon is your best bet. It's free via Prime or you can purchase the seasons. iirc, iTunes only has one season.

-griffy-

Banned

Season 1 and 2 are both on Prime streaming, but 3 isn't quite yet. It surely will be before season 4 starts up in March so you could wait it out, or you could purchase it on Amazon Video or iTunes or something if you can't wait (looks like the full HD season 3 is $10 cheaper on Amazon than iTunes fyi).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom