• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - Season 5 Trailer - New season starts March 7th on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 5 Trailer "Quotes"

In the new season of FX's drama The Americans, the arranged marriage of Philip and Elizabeth Jennings grows more passionate and genuine in the midst of the escalating Cold War. Paige's budding romance with Matthew, the son of their neighbor, FBI Agent Stan Beeman, further complicates matters since Stan – Philip's best friend – remains the greatest threat to the Jennings' safety.
I thought some people outside the S4 OT might be interested in this. There isn't too much new footage with all of the critical quotes, but I'm still fired up for the penultimate season. The show is renewed for two more seasons (S5 & S6) which will conclude the series.

They've also been running a few teasers on FX: Formation and School's Out and Couple. Some of these may be region locked, but I'm sure you're all clever international spies that can find a way around that.

Note that Season 4 should be up on Amazon Prime on February 15th for those of you that are still catching up.

Parahan

200w.gif

yes!

Parahan

anyone else kind of feeling mixed about this show now with the current political state of things?

The show is set in 80's, so it's a period drama . But I get it. The showrunners had planned for a Putin cameo( when he was in KGB), which they have since confirmed is no longer in cards sadly.

icespide

Banned
The show is set in 80's, so it's a period drama . But I get it. The showrunners had planned for a Putin cameo( when he was in KGB), which they have since confirmed is no longer in cards sadly.

even though it's a different time, it touches on issues that just put me in the frame of mind to remind me of how fucked everything is currently.

Veep is a show I have similar feelings about, I'd rather have Veep be real life than what we're stuck with

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Few dramas are as satisfying or keep you invested as this. Glad to hear it's only a month away.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Only a a month away! One of the best shows on TV is almost back. Good trailer, I might just make this the last promo I watch before the premiere. It didn't spoil anything but was able to get me pumped.

The first half of last season was the best the show has been since season 1...then right off a cliff after Martha was gone. Its like clockwork every year they seemingly run out of story around episode 8.

Real Hero

I thought Season 2 was only okay while Season 3 was pretty bad. The best thing about Season 4 was
the payoff of the Marth character.
whaat this show has been consistently fantastic, I'm not sure how you can like one season and not another it's so consistent

Best show on TV!

Gotta wait until like May for it to air in UK. I also don't have the channel it airs on but I'll subscribe to NOWTV for three months just for this.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
whaat this show has been consistently fantastic, I'm not sure how you can like one season and not another it's so consistent
Season 3 had way too many moving pieces and it distracted from the flow of the show. Meanwhile every other season had less plots, and was able to focus on them better because of that.

Ristifer

The first half of last season was the best the show has been since season 1...then right off a cliff after Martha was gone. Its like clockwork every year they seemingly run out of story around episode 8.
Can't say I agree with this at all.

Anyway, I'm massively pumped for Season 5. Only one month to go!

Ashby

"Nothing scares those two."

Me: That's not true at all!

"Everything scares those two."

And that's why this show is the best written on television.

I can't wait to watch season 4 when it goes on Amazon.

Ugh, I hate how long it takes FX to put their content on streaming.

Still the best show on TV. People still sleeping. Don't give AF.

I was rewatching the season finale and now the ending has even more meaning considering Leonard Cohen died a bit after!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom