• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Americans - Season 5 Trailer - New season starts March 7th on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

I felt the need to make this today for some reason:
gbg8Kdi.gif
I'm dead.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I want that hung up and framed in my house ASAP.

Skelter

Banned
Still the best show on TV. People still sleeping. Don't give AF.

I was rewatching the season finale and now the ending has even more meaning considering Leonard Cohen died a bit after!

Why is it the best? I finally started watching Black Sails since I kept seeing people on GAF loved it. Really enjoying it so far. Wouldn't mind something else to watch after I'm done with Black Sails.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Why is it the best? I finally started watching Black Sails since I kept seeing people on GAF loved it. Really enjoying it so far. Wouldn't mind something else to watch after I'm done with Black Sails.

I left off somewhere in season 3 about a year ago and still need to catch up. The two leads are astounding and the way it captures the period setting and social aspects are noteworthy. It's good stuff but has peaks and valleys.

Sometimes very interesting plot lines go on slight hiatus or get dragged way out, often with good payoff, but sometimes not. Still a very entertaining show that is easily recommended, the highs are very strong.

Been meaning to try Black Sails myself now that you mention...

One more new promo:

- Belly of the Bomb

Here's the Onion A|V Club on the show after season 3.
With each passing year, The Americans has faced skepticism that it will be able to continue its near-flawless balancing act: a juicy and complex spy thriller on one hand and richly drawn character study of a marriage and troubled family on the other. Each year, showrunners Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields manage to find bold new ways to continue the story without sacrificing either nuance or a grounded sense of reality, as Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys bore ever deeper into their characters’ knotty thicket of marital issues that suffuse every mission and miasma of subterfuge.
It's a show that does everything really well - the acting is superb (even the kids!), it's carefully plotted, and the direction is great.

Wow...a week away.
At the very least they know how to START a season so the premiere should be good.
Just wish they knew how to end a season.

TB14

Got caught up with S4 on Prime. Ready for the premiere! Next few months are gonna be busy with The Americans, Iron Fist, Better Call Saul, Fargo, and Twin Peaks.

EDIT: I guess I should see what all the fuss is about with The Leftovers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom