• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Angry Video Game Nerd; 10 Years Later.

-sdp

Started watching with the TMNT video and have been a fan since, of course he's had his ups and downs through out the years but overall I still enjoy watching AVGN. He created something totally new.

Well your ad hominems like calling him a manbaby speaks far more about you than him.

No, I explained myself.

"Making a public proclamation that you aren't going to see the movie qualifies as a manbaby response in my book."

This made me laugh out loud. What? And that's not what a temper tantrum is.

No. It is, however, what hyperbole is, which I guess is being lost here.

As far as the manbaby remark, I don't see the issue. I repeat: the big baby felt the need to make a public proclamation that he wasn't going to see a movie. There are a lot of possibilities as to why he would have done that, and all are cringey.

Since I was born in '95 and have never owned a Sega or Atari console, I learned a lot about those from James and I think a lot of my passion for games came from him. So thanks James.

I feel bad for you, because AVGN gives a terrible impression of Sega and Atari consoles.

This was like, 10-11 years ago around when Simon's Quest came out and as far as I know nobody was doing it besides him. Now there's a plethora of people doing it, but back then? James was my guy.

Krejlooc

Banned
James and Mike Mondays did a great 3 part episode on the Atari 2600.

Their line between giving a system a fair shake and "it's all shit" is precisely what they played as a kid, which is hardly great coverage.

Note they never compliment any other Atari system.

It's not like it was but it's still good. Glad that he keeps trying new stuff. All the new features he does with Mike, Bootsy and random guests is great.

Lothar

Banned
No, I explained myself.

As far as the manbaby remark, I don't see the issue. I repeat: the big baby felt the need to make a public proclamation that he wasn't going to see a movie. There are a lot of possibilities as to why he would have done that, and all are cringey.

He made a video about the closing down of the real life Fire House from the original film. He made a video about his thoughts on what he wanted a Ghostbusters sequel to be back when no movie was announced. Why wouldn't he make a video about his thoughts on the trailer? No reason except some people don't want anything bad said about it because they've turned it into an agenda film.

Oh god, that word "cringey." Nothing is more cringey than that word!

Never knew if the whole persona of not even wanting to try new media and holding on to the past was truthfully par of his real self. He was funny, but he always struck me as the kind of guy that prefers film over digital cameras just on principle (which make the character great when applied to video games).

Tansut

I honestly can't remember when I started watching AVGN regularly. Must have been around 2010 or 2011. Just feels like ages at this point. At this point I'm a big fan of pretty much all the content Cinemassacre makes, so I'm glad they're still going strong even if AVGN isn't necessarily the main focus like it used to be.

As for recent AVGN, I have to say Seaman was a really great episode. "For Niiiimooooyyyyy" cracked me up for some inexplicable reason.

No, I explained myself.

Not at all. James has talked about Ghostbusters for years and his fans know how much he loves the movie. James felt it was necessary to explain to them why he wasnt going to see it. After all the videos about Ghostbusters, he thought he needed to justify to his fans wht there would be no review.

There is nothing cringey about it. James is a passionate film nerd and Ghostbusters means a lot to him personally. His reasons were very simple "I think this looks bad".

Krejlooc

Banned
There isn't much to complement outside of the 2600 to be honest.

Massive ignorance showing

Ever heard of the Atari 8-bit? Their most successful line ever? The Atari ST?

Even on the "failed" atari systems there are things worth talking about.

Top Bottom