• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Answer is Always "Platinum Games"

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Every time there a thread asking for the developer or game with the best this or the best that, it seems the answer is always Platinum Games. It hardly seems fair to anybody else.

So instead of creating another thread with a single topic where the answer will be "Platinum Games", it is instead time to create a thread where we already know the answer is Platinum Games, we just have to come up with the questions.

Best Boss Battles? Platinum Games

Best Studio To License Out Your Franchise To? Platinum Games.

Best Hip Hop Soundtracks? Platinum Games.

Japanese developer most likely to create a game in a traditionally Western genre and beat them on their home turf? Platinum Games.

Best Developer for Making You Feel Like a Total Badass? Platinum Games.

Videoneon

14F2Q-1.png

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Amazing as this might sound to you OP, but not everyone considers everything created by Platinum as pen-ultimate achievement of video-gaming goodness.

For example, I consider Anarchy Reigns as mediocre at best.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Who should make a Ninja Turtles game? Platinum.

Nemesis_

Not a lie told

i9dvX1lt1F3Ff.gif

Miserable haters can seethe.

I wonder what they are working on next, though. I am somewhat surprised we haven't heard anything besides Bayo and W101

BHK3

Banned
anarchy reigns has good music

Vanquish was pretty fun

everything else was terrible though(didnt play revengence)

TEJ

If there's one area in which Platinum Games can improve upon, it would be storytelling.

you see, this is where I say thatwe need more games that don't treat their stories like they're super deep artsy fartsy bullshit, and embrace the goodness of camp.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Even for console games, PG's stuff has horrrrrrible IQ. I couldn't believe how bad the Vanquish demo looked. I don't know how people find that acceptable.

Dahbomb

PG are only really suited for a certain type of games. I would never want them to make a new Uncharted game for example.

Or would I...

I wonder what they are working on next, though. I am somewhat surprised we haven't heard anything besides Bayo and W101

Well they ARE a relatively small studio, and those two games aren't really near release yet (at least Bayo's not)...and they did just recently launch a pretty high profile game.

Videoneon

Incidentally, the most exposure I have to Platinum Games is trying out Bayonetta for 5 minutes.

The fact that "Do you eat shit?" is a question was just too good a set up for the topic.

Every time there a thread asking for the developer or game with the best this or the best that, it seems the answer is always Platinum Games. It hardly seems fair to anybody else.

So instead of creating another thread with a single topic where the answer will be "Platinum Games", it is instead time to create a thread where we already know the answer is Platinum Games, we just have to come up with the questions.

Best Boss Battles? Platinum Games

Best Studio To License Out Your Franchise To? Platinum Games.

Best Hip Hop Soundtracks? Platinum Games.

Japanese developer most likely to create a game in a traditionally Western genre and beat them on their home turf? Platinum Games.

Best Developer for Making You Feel Like a Total Badass? Platinum Games.

This is 110% correct. Best developers of the generation. Just proves no one makes games like..............

The day this site turns on Platinum because of the non stop "Platinum Games should make it" posts will be a sad day. I don't know if I'll be able to handle that hate without doing something drastic.

But until then, PLATINUM GAMES SHOULD MAKE IT™

I really like Platinum and most of their games, but consistency is not one of their strong suits. Bayonetta is among the finest beat-em-ups ever made, but Vanquish felt rather slapdash in level design. Anarchy Reigns' multiplayer is immortal, but the single player is disposable. Their personality is very happy-go-lucky when it comes to their games, but Kamiya is brash and abrasive.

I always look forward to their projects, but they don't quite have my long-term support the same way Harmonix used to. I still haven't picked up Revengeance.

Top Bottom